US Dollar V Canadian Dollar

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
Will the Canadian Dollar be worth more than the US Dollar soon. If the Iraq war keeps going it wouldn't suprise

Me.

If it happens how will the American public react?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    progmacprogmac Posts: 1,850member
    I'm not familiar with this "Canada" of which you speak.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    frank777frank777 Posts: 5,839member
    The Canadian dollar has always been cooler. It was the first to come in colours, even before the iMacs.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    meelashmeelash Posts: 1,045member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Frank777

The Canadian dollar has always been cooler. It was the first to come in colours, even before the iMacs.

Pshaw!
  • Reply 4 of 7
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Addison

If it happens how will the American public react?

I'm sure there will be rioting all over the country.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    frank777frank777 Posts: 5,839member
    Just to inject some seriousness into the thread, it's worth noting that the Canadian dollar has been higher than the US dollar before.

The world will go on.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Indeed. But one has to look at the government of the time.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    while the dollar up north is surging, the prices aren't changing quickly enough to reflect it (so the dollar is actually purchasing less, especially for durable goods (example: computers). the big key to canadian economic resurgence has been, well, aside from the declining american dollar, all the oil that used to be too expensive to extract from the oil sands of alberta. when oil was $30 a barrel, no one would spend $20 a barrel to get at it. but when oil is $50+ per barrel, suddenly that costs isn't so prohibitive. and apparently, there is a LOT of oil there.