Snakes on a Plane

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
Honest to god, this movie lives up to the hype. I thought it was a clever and consistently hilarious movie, Samuel L. Jackson is motherfucking great as motherfucking always, and the rest of the cast does pretty well too. I actually recommend it.

I saw it opening night with surprisingly few people, who else has seen it?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    irchsirchs Posts: 86member
    I saw it and I have to agree with your review. Entertained throughout

Jan
  • Reply 2 of 12
    This surprised me a bit. My friends and I thought this movie looked like crap and we were going to wait to see it when we can rent it. I still don't know if I can justify $8.50 to see this movie.
  • Reply 3 of 12
    C'mon, it's Snakes on a Plane! Expectations beyond that are sheer madness.

But seriously, when I heard the title, I thought "that is the best title for a movie...ever!". Brilliantly simple.
  • Reply 4 of 12
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Almost caught in SF last night but it was sold out.

I'm amazed at the good notices it's getting-- I figured the fun was in all the net stuff and there was no way the actual movie would be anything but but a let down.

Motherfuckin' awesome!
  • Reply 5 of 12
    objra10objra10 Posts: 679member
    it's so bad it's good. It is exactly what it claims to be - which makes it ridiculously entertaining. I've never enjoyed a movie so much that I never want to see again!

Samuel Jackson is great. The snakes are just CG enough to not be abvolutely horrifying, but they are definitely creepy! There are enough cliche's that the whole thing is just well... fun.
  • Reply 6 of 12
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by OBJRA10

I've never enjoyed a movie so much that I never want to see again!

Ha ha ha. That's exactly what I think. The only problem was that the first two deaths were so hillarious, and I nothing that they did afterwards could quite match.

Potential "Spoiler" below. . .

The one thing that kind of pissed me off was the baby. I think it would have been absolutely tremendous if one of the snakes ate the baby -- there's a certain line that I think needed to be crossed. I wouldn't mind if upon eating the baby, Sam Jack grabbed the snake responsible and cut the undigested baby out of its gut. Given the expected market, it's worth taking the time to horrify maternal instincts everywhere. It's only fair for having to put up with romatic comedy drivel.
  • Reply 7 of 12
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Yeah...I'm still not going to see it.
  • Reply 8 of 12
    mydomydo Posts: 1,888member
    Everything I hear about this movie is good. Too bad Ebert is not reviewing right now. He has a way of reviewing a movie for what it is.
  • Reply 9 of 12
    mimacmimac Posts: 872member
    Sounds like one of those "leave your brain at the door" type movies. It all sounds too absurd to actually be entertaining. Having said that, I'd be interested to see it when released on DVD.
  • Reply 10 of 12
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CosmoNut

Yeah...I'm still not going to see it.

Yeah, it falls into the genre that's obviously not realistic, but almost no action movies are anyways, so might as well watch one that doesn't take itself too seriously.
  • Reply 11 of 12
    mac_dollmac_doll Posts: 527member
    Exactly, Placebo. I'm totally going to see this.

I got a free copy of the soundtrack.
  • Reply 12 of 12
    cubs23cubs23 Posts: 324member
    I saw it last thur. at 10 p.m. And let me say it was entertaining as all can get! It probably was best to see it opening weekend, because the experience when everyone claps and cheers makes it that much better; (and I doubt you will get that after opening weekend). But, yes, I agree with placebo. (I'm buying the DVD)