Let's share Mac Pro ship dates

Comments

• Reply 121 of 403
    Importing playlist is even easier (at least with my old winamp playlists).

Drag n drop into itunes is all I had to do.
  • Reply 122 of 403
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SwitchingSoon

Oh, my RAM works.

Did you figure out why it wasn't working?

It may help others if they have the same problem...
  • Reply 123 of 403
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Placebo

As much as this is incredibly wishful thinking, it does make a whole lot of sense in regards to the timing.

Agreed, and agreed.

Talk about mixed up signals... \
  • Reply 124 of 403
    I'm honestly not sure.

I just turned it off, disconnected the computer, took out the RAM, put the RAM back in, turned on the computer.....and it worked.

Maybe it wasn't properly connected. I honestly don't see how it wasn't...because I snapped it in the same way the 2nd time (that's why I was really surprised when it worked).
  • Reply 125 of 403
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NORTHERNLiGHTS

Yes you can, I'm pretty new in itunes too so I don't now if this is the best way to do it, I'm also using windows, don't have my MP yet...

1. Create a new playlist (Left side at the bottom) an give it a name

2. Select the album-tracks you want and drag them into the playlist (works best if you order by artist/album)

3. Klick on your playlist

Hope this helps!

Right, I know of that method...

Hehe....but that's really a pain to do for all my albums.

Not only that, but I have mixed lists of different songs from different CDs.

That's the biggest problem.

Like for Ben Folds, I removed all the "filler" songs and made a best hits list. Etc.
  • Reply 126 of 403
    Back to the (cough) topic, I ordered 2.0/250/X1900XT/Bluetooth/802.11g on August 13th, and my ship date has been an unwavering September 20th. Oh, cruel BTO.
  • Reply 127 of 403
    mordakmordak Posts: 168member
    yeah i ordered mine on the 8th--the day after it was announced. hopefully im high in the priority list
  • Reply 128 of 403
    bjnybjny Posts: 191member
  • Reply 129 of 403
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BJNY

ATI 1950 announced:

http://www.engadget.com/2006/08/23/a...es-with-gddr4/

Oh man, my hopes are up and I'm having a tough time pulling them back down.
  • Reply 130 of 403
    All I see is a x1950xtx. Why not list the card they're shipping as a 1900xtx if they planned on bumping it up?
  • Reply 131 of 403
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ZachPruckowski

Dude - don't say that, because now if I get an x1900xt, I'll be slightly sad...

Yeah - I've got Airport, Bluetooth, a smaller harddrive, and the x1900xt. And I ordered a week and a half late. I won't see it forever.

I feel your pain Zack. I went with quad 2.0GHz with Airport/Bluetooth and the X1900XT. I just ordered it on August 19th and its expected SHIP date is sept 19th. add another 4 days or so for shipping. the wait will kill me as I am currently without a macintosh for the first time in many, many years.

\
  • Reply 132 of 403
    Quote:

Oh man, my hopes are up and I'm having a tough time pulling them back down.

oh come on its not that bad. did you really need to upgade further? another $100? maybe even $200 with apple? did you really need the GDDR4 memory, at 2ghz? no way. its as big a difference as they make it sound... the card you got is nearly top of the line 8)

lol just trying to make you feel better
  • Reply 133 of 403
    It's just the fact that by the time it ships, the X1950 XTX will be shipping. Keep in mind that at the price Apple is charging for the X1900 XT upgrade, they could provide the X1950 XTX.
  • Reply 134 of 403
    why in the hell would they charge +350 for the x1900 and not charge more for a better card? or maybe i misunderstood your comment, but the nvidia is way more even yet, so sure they could offer the x1950.. doesnt mean i need it though
  • Reply 135 of 403
    Because the X1900 XT costs Apple $300?
  • Reply 136 of 403
    benzenebenzene Posts: 338member
    *AI database error*

wtf?
  • Reply 137 of 403
    Quote:

All I see is a x1950xtx. Why not list the card they're shipping as a 1900xtx if they planned on bumping it up?

Just to be like "hey look, surprise, we love you guys!"
  • Reply 138 of 403
    benzenebenzene Posts: 338member
    Just placed my Mac Pro order. It should be shipping in a month...grr.

Dual 2.66GHz, 1GB RAM (plan on upgrading, of course), base video, BT+Airport, and single 250GB drive.

Looks like I'll finally be able to semi-retire my G4 400 to server duty. Anybody want a 8600/200 + assorted trimmings?

The Wife just got a black macbook yesterday, I'm waiting on NewEgg to get their 100G momentus drives in, and just bought 2GB of RAM for her.

Both of us are belatedly leaping into the 21st century with abandon, it seems.
  • Reply 139 of 403
    Quote:

Just to be like "hey look, surprise, we love you guys!"

Yeah, but now it's not a surprise any more. Damn you Placebo.
  • Reply 140 of 403
    meelashmeelash Posts: 1,045member
    Quote:

Yeah, but now it's not a surprise any more. Damn you Placebo.

Yeah! This kind of thing is the reason we can't have nice things.