New Lens Prescription Problems

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
So I upgraded my lens prescription slightly, but I'm having trouble focusing with the new lenses. It doesn't seem right at this point. I'm a bit nauseous, my vision isn't all that sharp, etc. Is this problem normal? I'm worried that the optometrist mixed my prescription with my twin brother's (who has worse vision and an astigmatism).

Yikes.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    dac0nvudac0nvu Posts: 175member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ShawnJ

So I upgraded my lens prescription slightly, but I'm having trouble focusing with the new lenses. It doesn't seem right at this point. I'm a bit nauseous, my vision isn't all that sharp, etc. Is this problem normal? I'm worried that the optometrist mixed my prescription with my twin brother's (who has worse vision and an astigmatism).

Yikes.

Although sometimes increasing your prescription may take a few minutes to adjust, it absolutely should NOT make you nauseous or keep you from focusing properly. I suggest calling your eye doctor today and tell him/her that you are having a problem with your new lens and need to be seen right away.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dac0nvu

Although sometimes increasing your prescription may take a few minutes to adjust, it absolutely should NOT make you nauseous or keep you from focusing properly. I suggest calling your eye doctor today and tell him/her that you are having a problem with your new lens and need to be seen right away.

It's definitely been more than a few minutes.

And I won't be home for another week.

Yikes.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    meelashmeelash Posts: 1,045member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ShawnJ

It's definitely been more than a few minutes.

And I won't be home for another week.

Yikes.

Do you still have your old glasses? Wear those in the interim...