Predicto Says...

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Welcome to the Predicto Says thread!! Hosted by our favorite thoroughly innacurate, wishful thinking and shameless predictor of Apple products, PREDICTO!!!!

Here's the task: List what new product, or what specific details or configurations of an update to an existing product, that you expect to see in the next 6 months, along with your justification or reason for believing that such a product/feature is on the horizon.

Your reason or justification doesn't need to be a good one, or well justified, and could very well be no more than an inkling based off of something you read somewhere, but it does need to be more than simply because you want such a product. There should be a logical/semi-logical justification. This is a place to let loose those gut feelings that you really don't trust enough to make a serious prediction about.

This is for FUN, so play around a bit, but if you want to shoot down people's ideas, or make a solid prediction that you absolutely know is right and that you will defend to the death, go put it in the apropriate existing thread.

****EDIT****

Ok, some ground rules, since we aparently need them:

1) When making a Prediction, you must use the template below.

2) This is the place for what you REALLY think will happen, not what you think is SAFE for you to SAY you think will happen.

3) Discussion of Predictions is encouraged.

4) No outright disagreement with someones prediction. "Hmmm, good idea, but I think it might be more like this..." is ok. "No, that's not gonna happen." is out.

5) NO FLAMING, CRITICISING, OR CONDEMNING!

Violation of any of the above rules WILL RESULT IN GETTING SMASHED BY THE HULK!

To make your prediction, follow this template:

<[YOUR NAME HERE] dons Flame Retardant Merlin Robes and the pointy Predicto!!! Hat>

Predicto Sayeth [INSERT PREDICTION HERE].

Predicto hath Spoken!!!

<[YOUR NAME HERE] removes the pointy Predicto!!! Hat, passes it to the next person, and dives for the bomb shelter!>

Got it? Good. I'll start!

<Celemourn dons Flame Retardant Merlin Robes and the pointy Predicto!!! Hat>

Predicto Sayeth that Apple Computer will soon round out its computer offering with a mobile equivalent of the MacMini. Such a product will be introduced within the next 3 months, possibly on the Fifth of September. Justification: Mac Pro is to MacBook Pro as iMac is to MacBook, as Mac Mini is to.... Add the rumors of an Ultra-portable by Macworld in January, reports that Apple will be refocusing on consumer products following Labor Day, End of Life notifications for the Nano family, the special emphasis that Microsoft is putting on Tablet functionality in Vista, Apple's own increasing emphasis on alternative input methods, a la Universal Access, and a slew of recently publicized patents which are aplicable to a tablet-esque design, I expect that we will see a UMPC very soon. Also, it will be just in time to miss the start of school for me this year, and a tablet is at this point of immense value to me, so we have Murphy's Law backing us up too. Predicto hath Spoken!!!

<Celemourn removes the pointy Predicto!!! Hat, passes it to the next person, and dives for the bomb shelter!>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 28
    slugheadslughead Posts: 1,169member
    I predict I will fall back asleep before work and be late!
  • Reply 2 of 28
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by slughead

I predict I will fall back asleep before work and be late!

USE THE TEMPLATE!!!!!!! YARRRRR!!!!!!

• Reply 3 of 28
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    <CosmoNut dons Flame Retardant Merlin Robes and the pointy Predicto!!! Hat>

Predicto Sayeth that NO touchscreen and/or "true" video iPod will arrive anytime soon. It'd be too fragile, too big, and too expensive and there's not enough market for it. Besides, isn't the death of the 3G iPod touchably soft buttons (due to lack of tactile feedback) an indicator that a touchscreen iPod wouldn't work so well? Predicto hath spoken!!! How do you like them apples?

<CosmoNut removes the pointy Predicto!!! Hat, passes it to the next person, and dives for the bomb shelter!>
  • Reply 4 of 28
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    I predict this thread will be closed.
  • Reply 5 of 28
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chucker

Dude, you need to lay off the testosterone supliments. That or try an anger management class.

/ignore chucker
  • Reply 6 of 28
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CosmoNut

<CosmoNut dons Flame Retardant Merlin Robes and the pointy Predicto!!! Hat>

Predicto Sayeth that NO touchscreen and/or "true" video iPod will arrive anytime soon. It'd be too fragile, too big, and too expensive and there's not enough market for it. Besides, isn't the death of the 3G iPod touchably soft buttons (due to lack of tactile feedback) an indicator that a touchscreen iPod wouldn't work so well? Predicto hath spoken!!! How do you like them apples?

<CosmoNut removes the pointy Predicto!!! Hat, passes it to the next person, and dives for the bomb shelter!>

Good observation. Alpine at least has solved the tactile feedback problem though. Go check out their PulseTouch technology. Better yet, go find a car stereo shop and try it out. It's groovy.
  • Reply 7 of 28
    <slughead dons Flame Retardant Merlin Robes and the pointy Predicto!!! Hat>

Predicto Sayeth that eating this spicy mexican food for breakfast will surely end in disaster!

<slughead removes the pointy Predicto!!! Hat, passes it to the next person, and dives for the bomb shelter!>
  • Reply 8 of 28
    elronelron Posts: 126member
    Quote:

On the SomethingAwful forums there's a section dedicated to threads that were too horrible to stay in their original section. It's called the Gas Chamber. Anyway, there's something called the "Gas Chamber Challenge". The challenge is invoked when a user predicts a thread will be "Gassed". If the user is right, they win. If they're wrong, they get banned.

I wish every forum had the gas chamber challenge.
  • Reply 9 of 28
    meelashmeelash Posts: 1,045member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by elron

On the SomethingAwful forums there's a section dedicated to threads that were too horrible to stay in their original section. It's called the Gas Chamber. Anyway, there's something called the "Gas Chamber Challenge". The challenge is invoked when a user predicts a thread will be "Gassed". If the user is right, they win. If they're wrong, they get banned.

Sounds like a challenge, Chucker, ma boy!
  • Reply 10 of 28
    If this thread actually gets going, I can see it becomming a permanent part of the Temporary Insanity forum.
  • Reply 11 of 28
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by elron

Nah. Chucker doesn't need to be banned. He just needs to change to Estrogen therapy.
  • Reply 12 of 28
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Celemourn

Nah. Chucker doesn't need to be banned. He just needs to change to Estrogen therapy.

He'll be fine in a few days, it's just part of his monthly 'cycle'
  • Reply 13 of 28
    Quote:

Are you guys done?
  • Reply 14 of 28
    Quote:

lmao. Really though, I kinda feel sorry for him (even though I know he probably would resent that). He is ONE ANGRY DUDE.

I bet someone ran over his cat. That, or he's using windows. Wait... I'M USING WINDOWS!!!! NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
  • Reply 15 of 28
    Thanks for everyone's concern.

1) Being male, I do not have a menstrual cycle.

2) My genitals are fine, thankyouverymuch.

3) My medical status is none of your business.

4) I do use Windows as I see fit. I do use Ubuntu Linux as I see fit. I also use Debian Linux as I see fit. For the most part, however, I use Mac OS X.

5) I never had a cat, nor someone running over it.

Again, thanks. Jackasses.
  • Reply 16 of 28
    applepiapplepi Posts: 365member
    What the heck is the point of this thread? Isn't this entire future hardware forum for making wild and some not so wild assumptions about future hardware?
  • Reply 17 of 28
    Quote:

ROTFLMAO!
  • Reply 18 of 28
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ApplePi

What the heck is the point of this thread? Isn't this entire future hardware forum for making wild and some not so wild assumptions about future hardware?

Go read the first post.

For clarification though, this thread is a place for people to have fun and post those predictions for which they haven't sufficient evidence to hack it in the rest of the forum.

You read something, or see something, and it makes you say to yourself, "Hey! I wonder if..." This is the place to finish that sentence, and where, I had intended, no one would contradict you and call you a moron.

This is the place for unexplored ideas.

For creativity.

And by the way chucker, I haven't a clue what you just posted, because I find your agressive nature offensive and annoying and have therefore blocked you, but I suspect that I offended you with the cracks I made above. Being the nice guy that I am, I feel bad about that, and I owe you an apology. But I'm not gonna unblock you. ;D

So lets start this thread over. I'm gonna alter the first post and put some ground rules in it.
  • Reply 19 of 28
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Celemourn

And by the way chucker, I haven't a clue what you just posted, because I find your agressive nature offensive and annoying and have therefore blocked you, but I suspect that I offended you with the cracks I made above. Being the nice guy that I am, I feel bad about that, and I owe you an apology. But I'm not gonna unblock you. ;D

Fair enough. Welcome to my blocklist. We can mutually block each other and be jerks about it!

Quote:

So lets start this thread over. I'm gonna alter the first post and put some ground rules in it.

I recommend you read the forum description before you do.
  • Reply 20 of 28
    Ok, the new rules are up in the first post. Let the Predictions begin!