HELP - Converting TV Shows into Itunes

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I use Isquint on my iBookG4 to convert my own tv shows for viewing on ipod. WHnever I do they show up on Ipod as movies. Someone told me to go to get info then options and change video kind form movie to tv show, when i do this it dosnt show up anywhere on my ipod except for the recently added playlist.

Anyone no how to get them to appear in your tv shows section on the ipod(30gb)?

Also i heard u can drag a avi movie into itune and itll convert it for u, but when i do this itunes rejects the files, anyone know of this?

Thanks,

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    trobertstroberts Posts: 702member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mulder1984

I use Isquint on my iBookG4 to convert my own tv shows for viewing on ipod. WHnever I do they show up on Ipod as movies. Someone told me to go to get info then options and change video kind form movie to tv show, when i do this it dosnt show up anywhere on my ipod except for the recently added playlist.

Anyone no how to get them to appear in your tv shows section on the ipod(30gb)?

Also i heard u can drag a avi movie into itune and itll convert it for u, but when i do this itunes rejects the files, anyone know of this?

Thanks,

Lostify will let you change the video type so it will show up in TV Shows. It is actually a GUI front-end to an application called AtomicParsley which is a command line app that is used to add, delete and modify the metadata tags in a file.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    jabohnjabohn Posts: 582member
    iTunes won't import AVI, it only accepts QuickTime formats. iSquint should convert the AVI for you.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    trobertstroberts Posts: 702member
    MPEG StreamClip is another app that you might want to take a look at for future tasks.