Duo 2 all over T.V.

Comments

• Reply 81 of 105
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Celemourn

Ok... IGNORING the misuse of Mac vs Apple, and assuming that it's simple carelessness rather than lack of understanding...

From what I've read, the heat problems were assembly line SNAFUs. Too much thermal paste being used. Also not that widespread, I think, or we'd see MUCH more complaining going on, and eventually a recall.

Apple is a hardware company because hardware sales are its primary source of revenue. These sales are powered by the strength of their OS.

OEMs make hardware, not software, but we get your point.

Different strokes for different folks. The appeal that Macintosh has to you is not the only valid reason for owning one. The aesthetic appeal, the ease of use, the cool factor, and the fact that a MacPro would make an excelent boat anchor (how much does it weight, 55 lb? and those handles would grab the ground pretty well too!) are all valid reasons. As long as a customer recieves the benefit from the purchase that they expected, they had a valid reason for buying it, regardless of what that actual reason may be.

If you decided to learn how to use the phrases, "I feel," "I think," "It seems to me," and "I believe," I suspect that you might start to sound less like a crazed zelot, and more like a reasonable, mature, thinking individual whose opinions are worth considering and are likely to be a positive contribution to whatever discussion is taking place.

But you'll figure that out when you get older.

Its not carelessness theres a difference. Apple is the company when I use the term Mac I am talking about a product that is made by that company.

The term 'third part vendor" and "OEM" are the same for hardward or software. Ive been doing this for quite a while. For example I work for IBM we use Computer Associates as a vendor, their software is an OEM product because they are a third party vendor. Get it?

And before I get the IBM attitude I work mainframes so ive had nothing to do with G5 chips ever.

Actually I only own a Mac because of the OS. If I could install the OS on a pc I would never buy a Mac even more so now that its an intel platform. I case means nothing to me, cool is for children.

Im not a crazed anything my opinion if fairly moderate for anyone other then a fanboy.
  • Reply 82 of 105
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by extremeskater

Its not carelessness theres a difference. Apple is the company when I use the term Mac I am talking about a product that is made by that company.

The term 'third part vendor" and "OEM" are the same for hardward or software. Ive been doing this for quite a while. For example I work for IBM we use Computer Associates as a vendor, their software is an OEM product because they are a third party vendor. Get it?

And before I get the IBM attitude I work mainframes so ive had nothing to do with G5 chips ever.

Actually I only own a Mac because of the OS. If I could install the OS on a pc I would never buy a Mac even more so now that its an intel platform. I case means nothing to me, cool is for children.

Im not a crazed anything my opinion if fairly moderate for anyone other then a fanboy.

Then I should like to volunteer for your consideration that 'Mac' is not a singular entity and therefore, "Mac is recalling laptop batteries just like eveyrone else." incorrectly uses the word 'is'. I'll let an english major finish the dissection. Those two sentences referring to 'Mac' as if Mac were a company or a person are excelent examples of horrible grammer. It must be horrible grammer, because you've already made it clear the you understand the distinction between the company, "Apple" and its product, "Mac".

While my first instinct, due to the above, is to ask, "As what? The Janitor?" I think I'll just roll my eyes for a bit... I'll toss out the guess that you're either in management, or in sales. Or the janitor. But I suppose corporate dialect can account for this. For clarification, in every instance that I've ever encountered of OEM, the E refers rather distinctly to Equipment. Thus, IBM is an OEM, whereas Microsoft would not be. I won't argue against corporate dialectic tradition though, even though it is contrary to my own experience. That's like trying to tell someone from France how to speak French. And all I know about French is that they make some good fries. Oh well would you look at that? You made me do the bad grammer thing too. ;D

If you'd like to run MacOS on non-Apple hardware, I'd strongly caution you against it. You would be loosing, I think, (unless you used virtually the same components as Apple does in manufacture and assembly) the stability that comes with the platform. It would be analogous to trying to assemble a Cray supercomputer with parts from NewEgg... sorta... or maybe not. But it's a fun analogy, so I'll leave it as I typed it. The point, regardless of the validity of the analogy I just spouted, is that Apple's computers gain a good deal of their stability from the fact that all parts are selected by Apple for Fit, Finish, and Function. And no, you don't have to use three F words, I just felt like doing it.

Hmmmm.... I would argue that SOUNDING LIKE a crazed zelot can frequently be caused by one's method and intensity of expression. And you're close, but you still sound like a crazed zelot. Sorta.

Yes, I'm pushing your buttons on purpose. Sorta.

****EDIT****

Let me add that where one works can have very little to do with how competent they actually are, or how well they know the subject matter. Or basic English grammer. I worked at a car dealership as a salesman. I only sold one car in two months. At a TOYOTA dealership.

So no brownie points for trying to get third party credibility by tossing out IBMs name.
  • Reply 83 of 105
    Quote:

Then I should like to volunteer for your consideration that 'Mac' is not a singular entity and therefore, "Mac is recalling laptop batteries just like eveyrone else." incorrectly uses the word 'is'. I'll let an english major finish the dissection. Those two sentences referring to 'Mac' as if Mac were a company or a person are excelent examples of horrible grammer. It must be horrible grammer, because you've already made it clear the you understand the distinction between the company, "Apple" and its product, "Mac".

While my first instinct, due to the above, is to ask, "As what? The Janitor?" I think I'll just roll my eyes for a bit... I'll toss out the guess that you're either in management, or in sales. Or the janitor. But I suppose corporate dialect can account for this. For clarification, in every instance that I've ever encountered of OEM, the E refers rather distinctly to Equipment. Thus, IBM is an OEM, whereas Microsoft would not be. I won't argue against corporate dialectic tradition though, even though it is contrary to my own experience. That's like trying to tell someone from France how to speak French. And all I know about French is that they make some good fries. Oh well would you look at that? You made me do the bad grammer thing too. ;D

If you'd like to run MacOS on non-Apple hardware, I'd strongly caution you against it. You would be loosing, I think, (unless you used virtually the same components as Apple does in manufacture and assembly) the stability that comes with the platform. It would be analogous to trying to assemble a Cray supercomputer with parts from NewEgg... sorta... or maybe not. But it's a fun analogy, so I'll leave it as I typed it. The point, regardless of the validity of the analogy I just spouted, is that Apple's computers gain a good deal of their stability from the fact that all parts are selected by Apple for Fit, Finish, and Function. And no, you don't have to use three F words, I just felt like doing it.

Hmmmm.... I would argue that SOUNDING LIKE a crazed zelot can frequently be caused by one's method and intensity of expression. And you're close, but you still sound like a crazed zelot. Sorta.

Yes, I'm pushing your buttons on purpose. Sorta.

I would never run or attempt to run MacOS on anything other than a Mac. I don't even believe in running Windows on a Mac kind of defeats the purpose. Mac forums are great its the only place people get upset about incorrect spelling or even better going PC and MAC. They love when you use MAC as an acronym I pretty much do it on purpose too how long it will take someone to freak out.

Well I am crazed but arent all computer people at least anyone work anything. Jumping off the lets rag on each other wagon at the risk of getting serious for a min really I am just an advocate for heavy competition and choice.

In my perfect world I can run either OS on any hardware I like. My system is not going to be your system because we of course have different needs. Back in the old 3.1 windows days I ran OS2 at that time it was a great OS the dual boot network function was exactly what I needed working tech support helpdesk windows could not dual boot networks from token ring to 3278 emulation and OS2 could.

I hate when Nvida gets a big jump on ATI or when Intel gets a bit jump on AMD. Its never good for you and I.

I never try to feel loyal to any one product because that will bind my judgement and lets fact it things cost a decent buck these day so why waste it.

When talking about software I feel Apple has it down about as well as any company out there, I would like to see more hardware for my money and added features, I dont think any one can disagree with that. I see alot of posts saying the same things the time has come for Apple to keep up with the rest of the world and stay on pace with hardware upgrades. If the dont they will fail badly. At least thats my opinion(I added that just for you).

Intel release is slow most places while they advertise Core 2 chips really do not have them in stock or machines at their location. I happened to stop by microcenter tonight and while they had three Powerspec Machines with Core 2 chips not one of them was acutally in stock anywhere at any of there Atlanta stores.

We could all sit here and wonder whats next it could very well be the case that apple is sitting around waiting for supplies.

The only real issue I have right now is trying to figure out the best way to get around the Office for Mac visual basic issue. While people want to blow that off it really is a major issue for many business users.

Take care..Brian
  • Reply 84 of 105
    Quote:

I would never run or attempt to run MacOS on anything other than a Mac. I don't even believe in running Windows on a Mac kind of defeats the purpose. Mac forums are great its the only place people get upset about incorrect spelling or even better going PC and MAC. They love when you use MAC as an acronym I pretty much do it on purpose too how long it will take someone to freak out.

Well that settles it. You're a total moron.

Quote:

Well I am crazed but arent all computer people at least anyone work anything. Jumping off the lets rag on each other wagon at the risk of getting serious for a min really I am just an advocate for heavy competition and choice.

I don't speak moron.

Quote:

In my perfect world I can run either OS on any hardware I like. My system is not going to be your system because we of course have different needs. Back in the old 3.1 windows days I ran OS2 at that time it was a great OS the dual boot network function was exactly what I needed working tech support helpdesk windows could not dual boot networks from token ring to 3278 emulation and OS2 could.

What does that have to do with software being locked down to hardware? That's just your tech-support desk not supporting anything other then Windows.

Quote:

blah, blah, blah...Intel release is slow most places while they advertise Core 2 chips really do not have them in stock or machines at their location. I happened to stop by microcenter tonight and while they had three Powerspec Machines with Core 2 chips not one of them was acutally in stock anywhere at any of there Atlanta stores.

You obviously weren't looking very hard. These links are from *one* site.

Core 2 Duo E6300: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819115005

Core 2 Duo E6400: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819115004

Core 2 Duo E6600: Sold out

Core 2 Duo E6700: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819115002

Core 2 Extreme X6800: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819115001

Seems like a solid launch to me.

Quote:

We could all sit here and wonder whats next it could very well be the case that apple is sitting around waiting for supplies.

Well, on the laptops, sure. Merom is in very short supply. I see no Mac Pro availability problems because of the processors though. Am I missing something?

Quote:

The only real issue I have right now is trying to figure out the best way to get around the Office for Mac visual basic issue. While people want to blow that off it really is a major issue for many business users.

You could always use Office 2004.

Quote:

Take care..Brian

Gladly.
  • Reply 85 of 105
    Ok, it sounds to me like you're slightly agitated, and, more importantly, very tired. If you actually ARE in full command of your faculties, then I'd really recomend that you play along anyway, since admiting that you wrote this while totally lucid really won't help your case any. I'd just like to point out a few things here...

-----

Quote:

I would never run or attempt to run MacOS on anything other than a Mac. I don't even believe in running Windows on a Mac kind of defeats the purpose.

Quote:

Quote:

In my perfect world I can run either OS on any hardware I like.

Ok, I don't think I need to say anything about that one.

-----

Quote:

Mac forums are great its the only place people get upset about incorrect spelling or even better going PC and MAC. They love when you use MAC as an acronym I pretty much do it on purpose too how long it will take someone to freak out.

Acronym? Sorry I must have missed that post. It sounds, though, like you're saying that technical accuracy in communication isn't that important... You DID say that you work at IBM, right?

-----

Quote:

Quote:

Well I am crazed but arent all computer people at least anyone work anything.

In my experience, no.

-----

Quote:

...really I am just an advocate for heavy competition and choice.

Quote:

I hate when Nvida gets a big jump on ATI or when Intel gets a bit jump on AMD. Its never good for you and I.

(Ignoring the gramatical error there.) I don't think I need to comment on this one either.

-----

Quote:

My system is not going to be your system because we of course have different needs.

Precisly the point I made in response to...

Quote:

Apple is not a hardware company in spite of Steve Jobs being delusional about that fact. Their power is in their OS and the way it allows OEM softward to function within that OS. I will agree that the little teen girls playing with the iMac at the mall like how cute they are but I think Apple needs to get by that.

Computers are tools, they perform a function the hardware should be designed based on performance not looks.

By saying...

Quote:
    Originally Posted by celemourn

Different strokes for different folks.

So you took the words right out of my mouth. Literally. Please come up with your own material next time.

-----

Quote:

Back in the old 3.1 windows days I ran OS2 at that time it was a great OS the dual boot network function was exactly what I needed working tech support helpdesk windows could not dual boot networks from token ring to 3278 emulation and OS2 could.

Sir, I have no idea what you just said, but I wish I did, because it actually sounds terribly interesting. Sadly I never got to play with OS2. Anyway, back to the topic...

-----

Quote:

Quote:

...really I am just an advocate for heavy competition and choice.

Oh, oops. I already pointed this one out. Sorry.

-----

Quote:

I never try to feel loyal to any one product because that will bind my judgement and lets fact it things cost a decent buck these day so why waste it.

Uh... I THINK I see where you're going with that... but the second half of the sentence is getting really close to non sequitur.

-----

Quote:

I would like to see more hardware for my money and added features, I dont think any one can disagree with that.

Exactly. No one can disagree with that because to do so would be to tell you what you are thinking. You've expressed a preference, and that's all that needs to be said. This is the usefulness of those phrases I mentioned below...

-----

Quote:

I see alot of posts saying the same things the time has come for

Sanity is not statistical, and just because many people believe the world is flat doesn't make it so. This sentence does not logically support any point that you've made. Actually, taken in context, it implies that you are aftraid of disagreeing with the majority, and that you take pleasure in arguing with the minority. In otherwords, you're trying to be the kid that follows the school yard bully around pretending that you're tough because you're in the posse.

-----

Quote:

Intel release is slow most places while they advertise Core 2 chips really do not have them in stock or machines at their location. I happened to stop by microcenter tonight and while they had three Powerspec Machines with Core 2 chips not one of them was acutally in stock anywhere at any of there Atlanta stores.

Quote:

The market seems to have plenty of e6300 e6400 chips with the 4meg e6600 and e6700 a bit behind.

This is getting old.

-----

Quote:

Hmm. You seem to be trying to change the subject. Funny how you were so eager to rattle your sabre until people started to challenge you. Looks like you'd rather just ignore your errors. You'd make a good politician.

-----

Quote:

Ok, now the back peddling and double speak is beginning to annoy me. The real issue that you have RIGHT NOW is that you don't think through your posts before you hit the submit button, and then when someone points out that you've said something silly, incorrect, unintelligible, or downright stupid, you feel an absolute burning need to defend what you said, regardless of whether it is right or wrong. But defend it you will! For you've been ATTACKED! Never mind that you will subsequently say the exact oposite of the point you just made, and then pretend that you aren't contradicting yourself.

This is very 'angry teenager' like behaviour. Get a life. Spend a few minutes reflecting on the fact that if you don't get so emotionally attached to what you say, then you really won't care when you get contradicted. Your words are not YOU. It is foolish to feel that a challange to your words constitutes a challenge to YOU. Go out and acquire a breadth of experiences wide enough so that your self image isn't bound up in any one thing, such as computers, work, blading, or whatever. Become a more well rounded person. You're 39 for godsakes. GET OUT OF YOUR CAVE. You sound like Balmer.

-----

Quote:

Take care..Brian

Why thanks! I do! And you don't. That's the whole point. But why are you calling me Brian?
  • Reply 86 of 105
    You know, I just noticed that this whole flame war would make great material for Dilbert.
  • Reply 87 of 105
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by meelash

Hellooooo??? They've done this already!!

The current G5 iMac runs fairly well. Previous G5 had heat issues. Next gen will have heat issues if they attempt to go Core 2 Duo, larger gpu that requires addtional power.
  • Reply 88 of 105
    Quote:

Ok, it sounds to me like you're slightly agitated, and, more importantly, very tired. If you actually ARE in full command of your faculties, then I'd really recomend that you play along anyway, since admiting that you wrote this while totally lucid really won't help your case any. I'd just like to point out a few things here...

-----

Ok, I don't think I need to say anything about that one.

-----

Acronym? Sorry I must have missed that post. It sounds, though, like you're saying that technical accuracy in communication isn't that important... You DID say that you work at IBM, right?

-----

In my experience, no.

-----

(Ignoring the gramatical error there.) I don't think I need to comment on this one either.

-----

Precisly the point I made in response to...

By saying...

So you took the words right out of my mouth. Literally. Please come up with your own material next time.

-----

Sir, I have no idea what you just said, but I wish I did, because it actually sounds terribly interesting. Sadly I never got to play with OS2. Anyway, back to the topic...

-----

Oh, oops. I already pointed this one out. Sorry.

-----

Uh... I THINK I see where you're going with that... but the second half of the sentence is getting really close to non sequitur.

-----

Exactly. No one can disagree with that because to do so would be to tell you what you are thinking. You've expressed a preference, and that's all that needs to be said. This is the usefulness of those phrases I mentioned below...

-----

Sanity is not statistical, and just because many people believe the world is flat doesn't make it so. This sentence does not logically support any point that you've made. Actually, taken in context, it implies that you are aftraid of disagreeing with the majority, and that you take pleasure in arguing with the minority. In otherwords, you're trying to be the kid that follows the school yard bully around pretending that you're tough because you're in the posse.

-----

This is getting old.

-----

Hmm. You seem to be trying to change the subject. Funny how you were so eager to rattle your sabre until people started to challenge you. Looks like you'd rather just ignore your errors. You'd make a good politician.

-----

Ok, now the back peddling and double speak is beginning to annoy me. The real issue that you have RIGHT NOW is that you don't think through your posts before you hit the submit button, and then when someone points out that you've said something silly, incorrect, unintelligible, or downright stupid, you feel an absolute burning need to defend what you said, regardless of whether it is right or wrong. But defend it you will! For you've been ATTACKED! Never mind that you will subsequently say the exact oposite of the point you just made, and then pretend that you aren't contradicting yourself.

This is very 'angry teenager' like behaviour. Get a life. Spend a few minutes reflecting on the fact that if you don't get so emotionally attached to what you say, then you really won't care when you get contradicted. Your words are not YOU. It is foolish to feel that a challange to your words constitutes a challenge to YOU. Go out and acquire a breadth of experiences wide enough so that your self image isn't bound up in any one thing, such as computers, work, blading, or whatever. Become a more well rounded person. You're 39 for godsakes. GET OUT OF YOUR CAVE. You sound like Balmer.

-----

Why thanks! I do! And you don't. That's the whole point. But why are you calling me Brian?

Thanks for the therapy session. You really need to get a life and stop playing on your computer all day long. I don't get attached to computers they are tools. The fact that you never used OS2 or have no clue about dual booting networks leads me to believe the biggest concern you have is what your going to do at the mall friday. Before you start giving advice to others on life make sure you've lived enough of it yourself.

The only part I find funny is that your pathetic enough to take that much time to sort a post. I hope you did enjoy patting yourself on the back seeing im sure you spend most of your time alone. See the cave thing is just you reflecting. Dont worry few therapy sessions and you will be just fine.

ou a

You can't make a valid point so you attempt to distract which may work on your teen buddies I just find it sad.

Had to edit this one. You're 26 and still a student? Damn I thought you were like 14. Im going to hope for the best and assume you are in your second year of a doctorate program.
  • Reply 89 of 105
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by theapplegenius

Well that settles it. You're a total moron.

I don't speak moron.

What does that have to do with software being locked down to hardware? That's just your tech-support desk not supporting anything other then Windows.

You obviously weren't looking very hard. These links are from *one* site.

Core 2 Duo E6300: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819115005

Core 2 Duo E6400: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819115004

Core 2 Duo E6600: Sold out

Core 2 Duo E6700: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819115002

Core 2 Extreme X6800: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819115001

Seems like a solid launch to me.

Well, on the laptops, sure. Merom is in very short supply. I see no Mac Pro availability problems because of the processors though. Am I missing something?

You could always use Office 2004.

Gladly.

Guy like you only talk that way online because you would get your ass kicked if you did it in person. Address people the same way you would in person face to face. Anything you have to say has no value when you cant post to someone with common respect. It just makes you look like a loser that has to make up for the fact he cant stand up for himself in person so he has to compensate online.
  • Reply 90 of 105
    Quote:

Guy like you only talk that way online because you would get your ass kicked if you did it in person. Address people the same way you would in person face to face. Anything you have to say has no value when you cant post to someone with common respect. It just makes you look like a loser that has to make up for the fact he cant stand up for himself in person so he has to compensate online.

Yep. That's it.
  • Reply 91 of 105
    demenasdemenas Posts: 109member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BRussell

[Apple] like to let their models sell a bit longer than that, and that seems reasonable to me.

As a consumer, I am not interested in what Apple would like, I am more interested in what I want.

Steve
  • Reply 92 of 105
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by theapplegenius

Yep. That's it.

I know. I wouldn't lie to you. Internet tough guys replaced brave drunks several years ago.

Forums like this breed people like you so you can have groups that only agree with each other because you can't actually make valid points or create civil debates.

You get to pick on little spelling finger checks, correct people on Mac terms and bash big bad Microsoft and get all the fanboys to agree.

Its a perfect world. Mac forums breed about the best fanboys on the internet.

Call someone a moron yet the best you can do is cut and paste newegg links. If you want to show me you actually know what your talking about address the issue I raised regarding visual basic and how Office for Mac will no longer be cross compatible. Or maybe go into detail how the lack of EFI support in Vista will eliminate dual boot for Mac's.

See these are real issues yet fanboys will just say screw those morons we dont need them we will just use Office 2004 forever and Xp and who needs a cross compatible Office product that the entire world uses. Your isight cam and ichat will still work so I doubt you will be effected.
  • Reply 93 of 105
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by demenas

As a consumer, I am not interested in what Apple would like, I am more interested in what I want.

Steve

Dude you wont last on this forum with common sense talk like that. You have to get on the fanboy bandwagon.
  • Reply 94 of 105
    meelashmeelash Posts: 1,045member
    Quote:

The current G5 iMac runs fairly well. Previous G5 had heat issues. Next gen will have heat issues if they attempt to go Core 2 Duo, larger gpu that requires addtional power.

What in the world are you replying to??? Stop replying to other people's posts if you don't have the time to research what you're talking about. There is no "current" G5 iMac. The iMac is already on an Intel Core Duo processor. In fact the current configuration of iMac is:

Quote:

Apple can not jam a good gpu, cpu, 2 gigs of ram and 250gigs of hard drive space, expect to power it correctly and keep it cool into the current imac design.

exactly what you said Apple can't do. I'm serious. Go to the Apple store and see for yourself.

Again, if you don't have time to research, don't post. Otherwise, you make these ridiculous statements in your self-assured manner, confuse the noobs, and the people who know ANYTHING will recognize your ignorance.
  • Reply 95 of 105
    meelashmeelash Posts: 1,045member
    Quote:

Call someone a moron yet the best you can do is cut and paste newegg links.

As opposed to.....Making completely ludicrous statements and not backing them up with anything... Links to actual facts!... Who would've thought?

Quote:

If you want to show me you actually know what your talking about address the issue I raised regarding visual basic and how Office for Mac will no longer be cross compatible. Or maybe go into detail how the lack of EFI support in Vista will eliminate dual boot for Mac's.

See these are real issues yet fanboys will just say screw those morons we dont need them we will just use Office 2004 forever and Xp and who needs a cross compatible Office product that the entire world uses. Your isight cam and ichat will still work so I doubt you will be effected.

1) The VBA issue has been discussed AT LENGTH in a thread that, surprise!, is devoted to that subject.

2) Again you show your complete lack of even the most basic understanding of the way things stand currently in the computer world. Windows XP, that is currently dual booting on Macs, does not support EFI either! That's why we have Boot Camp. This lack of support in Vista will not cause ANY difficulty in dual booting Vista.
  • Reply 96 of 105
    Quote:

You're 26 and still a student? Damn I thought you were like 14.

Yeah, that's what happens when you go to war.

Are we having fun calling names yet?
  • Reply 97 of 105
    Quote:

LMAO

This guy is hillarious! Does he have these written down in a book or something? That's one hell of a set of horse blinders he's wearing!

• Reply 98 of 105
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    *cough*

So will the MacBook get Core 2? X3000 graphics? I can't seem to wheedle an answer out of any threads around these parts. I'm liiiimping on my 12" PBG4. Dead battery, adapter is taped at three spots, the slowness is getting to me, and I need ArcGIS inside Parallels. Thoughts on the next MacBook anyone?
  • Reply 99 of 105
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Aquatic

*cough*

So will the MacBook get Core 2? X3000 graphics? I can't seem to wheedle an answer out of any threads around these parts. I'm liiiimping on my 12" PBG4. Dead battery, adapter is taped at three spots, the slowness is getting to me, and I need ArcGIS inside Parallels. Thoughts on the next MacBook anyone?

Yes, on to more important topics.

Is X3000 available?

I suspect that the entire line is going to move to Core 2. Intel set the prices right at the price points (or at least really dang close) they used for Core processors, so using the newer processors will help Apple keep the margins up and keep em from going turning into Walmart.

Limiting factor is, of course, supply. But I think we'll see it, at least as BTO.
  • Reply 100 of 105
    vineavinea Posts: 5,585member
    Not much to get...he hates the iMac form factor (he's not alone in this forum but thinks he is) but the most salient point is that:

You guys are arguing about Macs with an IBM mainframe programmer.

WRT VB for Office, while I like Office 2004 for Mac and wish office was that nice on Windows I don't see a major issue with running Office in Parallels. Too many things assume a MS windows infrastructure already that Parallels (or some other VM like it) will be a requirement to seamlessly interoperate in the corporate domain. Office is merely the most visible tip of the iceberg. Plus Apple has conceeded the corporate desktop for some time now...and in fact today its in the best competitive position for quite some time because of Parallels and Bootcamp (vice virtual pc).

Hell...I can run VS2005 on my MBP and I can demo my Windows program right after rebooting from my Keynote presentation (I require good graphics or I'd just do it all from Parallels).

And I look damn good doing it.

Vinea