Firefox has stopped working and freezes up at launch.

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Until very recently Firefox had worked for me but in the last week it just won't open, it just freezes up.

To give you guys more info, I'm using a 1.83GHz MacBook with 10.4.6 installed and I had Firefox 1.5.6 installed.

Now I just erased Firefox completely (loosing everything I had on it ) and installed Firefox beta 1 and it freezes up starting!!

I don't know whats wrong, why has Firefox stopped working all of a sudden, I have not changed any settings in the last week and I have not messed with anything!

Please any help would be greatly apreciated

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    trash the "org.mozilla.firefox.plist" file in ~/Library/Preferences.

Failing that, make a new user account in OS X and see if it works there.

If so, trash the FireFox folder in ~/Library/Application Support of the old account.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lundy

trash the "org.mozilla.firefox.plist" file in ~/Library/Preferences.

Failing that, make a new user account in OS X and see if it works there.

If so, trash the FireFox folder in ~/Library/Application Support of the old account.

Sorry for the delay, ok I did what you said and the first time it didn't work then Thursday, I did it and that appeared to work so I installed FireFox 2.0 beta1 and it worked for a while but when i was about to reply (in this thread) something happened and it froze and there started my nightmare almost all my apps started freezing and crashing , I tried to fix it but i couldn't so I backed up all my documents, pictures, music and so apps and had to do a clean install.

Now everything works fine but I still lost some stuff which sucks but I guess I'm just happy to have my computer just work again. \

Anyways thanks for your help