First X1900 XT Mac Pros being assembled?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
A friendly bloke over dropped by the Macrumors forums to say that his Mac Pro order of 3.00GHz Xeons, two 500GB hard drives, and an X1900 XT is uncancelable, meaning that it is already being built and will be shipping out soon. He ordered on August 23rd(!) and had an estimated ship date of September 28th, but it seems that his Mac Pro should be shipping soon. He had regular shipping as well, so it's so far been proven that your order date and your shipping type are going to have little to no influence on when your X1900 Xt Mac Pro ships, but should be all shipping soon the same.

Mine's not uncancelable yet, but I have a feeling they're all starting to be built and I can't wait for mine to be shipped.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 15
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Placebo

A friendly bloke over dropped by the Macrumors forums to say that his Mac Pro order of 3.00GHz Xeons, two 500GB hard drives, and an X1900 XT is uncancelable, meaning that it is already being built and will be shipping out soon. He ordered on August 23rd(!) and had an estimated ship date of September 28th, but it seems that his Mac Pro should be shipping soon. He had regular shipping as well, so it's so far been proven that your order date and your shipping type are going to have little to no influence on when your X1900 Xt Mac Pro ships, but should be all shipping soon the same.

Mine's not uncancelable yet, but I have a feeling they're all starting to be built and I can't wait for mine to be shipped.

Did he order airport and or bluetooth?
  • Reply 2 of 15
    How do you tell if your order is un-cancellable? I ordered mine on aug 19th with X1900XT and Airport/Bluetooth and it still says it will ship on sept 19th...

i sold all my macs (and have my pc on the block as well) and being without a mac sucks!

\
  • Reply 3 of 15
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    You try to cancel it and if it allows brings you to the page with the Reason for Cancellation dropdown menu and the button to confirm cancellation, it's still cancelable. (If you accidentally cancel your order doing this, it's not my fault, but it would take quite a bit of stupidity to do so)

Otherwise, it says "This item cannot be canceled call Apple or click here for possible reasons" or the like, then it's not cancellable and likely being assembled.

Daspeed: Airport is now estimated at 3-5 days when you custom config it on store.apple.com and numerous people have reported uncancellable orders with that configuration, so they've probably started shipping or are going to do so very soon.
  • Reply 4 of 15
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Placebo

If you accidentally cancel your order doing this, it's not my fault, but it would take quite a bit of stupidity to do so.

That's a risk I dare not take...

No change in shipping info here, although my Crucial ram is on the move.
  • Reply 5 of 15
    Mine is cancellable - Mac Pro x1900xt, AP, BT, 160GB HDD, ordered 8/16, standard shipping
  • Reply 6 of 15
    Seems Apple today dropped the build to order price of the ATI card from $350 to $250 and to a mere $90 for us educational customers! I assume those who have ordered already will be getting a refund!
  • Reply 7 of 15
    benzenebenzene Posts: 338member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by craiger77

Seems Apple today dropped the build to order price of the ATI card from $350 to $250 and to a mere $90 for us educational customers! I assume those who have ordered already will be getting a refund!

Really? I still show a BTO price on the edu store of $225, which makes it about the standard edu discount from $250.

Still waiting on mine..arrival date Sept. 20th...
  • Reply 8 of 15
    Um, it was a $315 upgrade for EDU before and a $350 for non-edu, the prices have gone down $90 and $100 respectively.

Also: first Upgrade Kits have begun to ship, so comps can't be too far behind.

Craiger77: Yes we did get a refund, it was automatically updated for everybody with an X1900 XT at about 1:00 today.
  • Reply 9 of 15
    well, that ends the myth of the x1950xtx, doesn't it?

EDIT: I saved $94 - they reduced the tax too.
  • Reply 10 of 15
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by craiger77

Ya I just read that at Hardmac

Quote:

Apple Cuts Price of the ATI X1900 XT - Lionel - 20:56:35

Source : XLR8yourMac

On the US AppleStore, the price of the Radeon X1900 XT is now US$100 lower, as a Mac Pro BTO or as a retail product.

This decrease is certainly due to the recent price cuts decided by ATI for its current models.

This change is not valid from other worldwide AppleStores yet.

It's good that Apple dropped the prices and so fast, I just hope they do the same for the Mac mini when it gets updated soon
  • Reply 11 of 15
    Read the rest of this thread - people who ordered Mac Pros (myself included) have gotten $90 or $100 price cuts (and lower sales tax).
  • Reply 12 of 15
    Ho-HO, they just lowered the cost of the standalone upgrade card, too:

ATI Radeon X1900 XT $399.00

Whenever they change the 3-5 weeks down to something reasonable, I will order one. I'm glad they're keeping up for those of us who didn't want to wait to get the ATI in the Mac Pro.

Now if they'd just let end-users install the AirPort cards...

Edit: The link was busted. Apple has unfriendly store URLs.
  • Reply 13 of 15
    imacfanimacfan Posts: 444member
    They didn't in the UK! Whereas the upgrade in the USA Apple store is $250, it's still 240 pounds here - over $400, and hardly fair...

David
  • Reply 14 of 15
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ZachPruckowski

Mine is cancellable - Mac Pro x1900xt, AP, BT, 160GB HDD, ordered 8/16, standard shipping

Mine is the exact same spec as yours, 'cept i ordered on aug 19th. Mine is still cancellable but the x1900xt price reduction has been reflected (ordered thru apple canada developer store).

apple canada developer store x1900xt upgrade price = 240$ CAN
  • Reply 15 of 15
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ZachPruckowski

well, that ends the myth of the x1950xtx, doesn't it?

Well, on a certain level, it proves that the X1950 XTX exists in Apple's universe, otherwise they would have gone along pretending that the X1900 XT was the best thing you could ever hope for.

I'm personally more happy with my $90 back than an X1950 XTX. The 1950 is the last card of this generation before the real shit gets annonced in the fall/winter (Nvidia 8800GTX etc)