Apple Remote, remotley sleeps your mac!

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Am I the only one who didn't know this? If you hold the Play/Pause button on your Apple Remote for three seconds, it will go to sleep!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    dac0nvudac0nvu Posts: 175member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Matthew Yohe

Am I the only one who didn't know this? If you hold the Play/Pause button on your Apple Remote for three seconds, it will go to sleep!

Nope. Just tried it and it did the same for me. Never new it!
  • Reply 2 of 13
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Sounds neat. Too bad the Mac Pro never got an Apple remote.
  • Reply 3 of 13
    I just tried it, and it took an unusually long time to wake up from sleep. Did this happen to anyone else?
  • Reply 4 of 13
    Awesome now i can put my MacBook to sleep when i go to sleep lol without getting out of bed YAYAYAYY!!!
  • Reply 5 of 13
    Didn't know either, you just keep learning on these boards
  • Reply 6 of 13
    Can you wake it up with the remote too? Wow, ultimate laziness is almost possible now.
  • Reply 7 of 13
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    I just tried. You can simply press the play/pause button again and it will wake up.
  • Reply 8 of 13
  • Reply 9 of 13
    igrantigrant Posts: 180member
    I really think I will like this remote . . .
  • Reply 10 of 13
    My god i think this is the most functional remote i have ever used, in terms of how simple it is!

Now i love my Mac and Jobs even more!!!
  • Reply 11 of 13
    Yep, it does.

Check out this program too http://www.orbicule.com/theftsensor/ . It is in beta right now thus free. You can lock you laptop. If you get up from your desk from a minute and have to leave your notebook, it will monitor the motion sensor and sound an alarm if someone moves the computer.

The same company makes a program like lojack, but it takes a picture too .

On the mac pro, I bet the new cinema display with have an ir port and an isight. Since jobs said leopard with give all macs frontrow, I am just assuming. Since the drastic price drop in the cinema displays, I can see new ones coming soon.
  • Reply 12 of 13
    you lot realy take your time dont you?
  • Reply 13 of 13
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Placebo

Hahahahah!! You don't get one!