Shells and Cheese or Mac n' Cheese?

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
Let's hear it, which do you prefer and why?

The Kraft? Or the Big V?

I know plenty of people can argue this one...

(I'm actually hoping someone will give a detailed answer on why with various points of argument and reason... )

Comments

• Reply 1 of 17
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Definitely Annie's because I'm a liberal fag:

• Reply 2 of 17
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    All I know is that as I've gotten older I can no longer eat regular Kraft Mac and Cheese (with the powder). It messes with my insides. I've now upgraded to only Kraft Mac and Cheese Deluxe (with the sauce) and find it quite tasty.
  • Reply 3 of 17
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    I can only eat the powdery kind, which is strangely opposite to Cosmo's reaction. A box of Kraft mac & cheese (or whatever brand, it really means nothing) is the best way I've found to carbo-load for a race, a soccer game, etc. Eaten eight hours before the event.
  • Reply 4 of 17
    iposteriposter Posts: 1,560member
    Homemade mac n cheese FTW!

If desperate or in a hurry, the box with the powder kind.... \
  • Reply 5 of 17
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Wait, Kraft makes Mac and Cheese Deluxe?

And it comes with sauce? Does this mean you can skip the grueling labor intensive "mixing up the sauce from the powder stage" and just microwave the sauce and boil the macaroni? And be that much closer to mac 'n cheese goodness without actually having to do anything?

I am so there.
  • Reply 6 of 17
    mac_dollmac_doll Posts: 527member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Placebo

Definitely Annie's because I'm a liberal fag:

Placebo: I love you. I've been dying to try Annie's organic pasta for a while.. I'm a fan of organic food.

CosmoNut: I'm with you there. I'm spoiled; I've never had that powdered mac and cheese shit.
  • Reply 7 of 17
    So what's the difference between velveeta and kraft mac deluxe?
  • Reply 8 of 17
    dac0nvudac0nvu Posts: 175member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Guybrush Threepwood

So what's the difference between velveeta and kraft mac deluxe?

Velveeta Shells & Cheese vs. Kraft Macaroni & Cheese
  • Reply 9 of 17

How in the world did you find that article?

It's true. The Velveeta cheese sauce is more addictive than nicotine. I've had the urge several times to put two pouches of cheese sauce in my shells. But, thankfully, I respect my coronary arteries and stick to the one pouch.

But best believe I squeeze out every single drop of cheese that little pouch can hold!
  • Reply 10 of 17
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox

Wait, Kraft makes Mac and Cheese Deluxe?

And it comes with sauce? Does this mean you can skip the grueling labor intensive "mixing up the sauce from the powder stage" and just microwave the sauce and boil the macaroni? And be that much closer to mac 'n cheese goodness without actually having to do anything?

I am so there.

Uh, yeah. My little ones love mac & cheese, so I cook shells and grate some cheese into them while they're still hot. Then I steam some broccoli and stick some onion in it so I can have some too. I'm not sure why you need to buy a kit for this.
  • Reply 11 of 17
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Duh. Because if I can't buy my dinner in a box that includes a pouch of bright orange, alarmingly glutenous, vaguely cheese like substance the terrorists win.

But I guess that would be just fine with you, Mr. "I can make it at home" America hater. And guess what's happening while you're wasting precious seconds steaming broccoli?

Hint: the terrorists ain't steamin' no damn brocolli.
  • Reply 12 of 17

Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox

Hint: the terrorists ain't steamin' no damn brocolli.

That better be your new quote...
  • Reply 13 of 17
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BRussell

I'm not sure why you need to buy a kit for this.

Aren't you in the wrong topic? The "Snootycrats" topic is in PO.
  • Reply 14 of 17
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    I've actually eaten an entire box of Kraft Mac and Cheese Deluxe before. That ain't no simple feat since the macaroni is thicker and the sauce is more filling.
  • Reply 15 of 17
    mac_dollmac_doll Posts: 527member
    Whoa... that's quite an accomplishment, CosmoNut! I couldn't do that.. I'd probably get sick. Too much of a good thing, you know?
  • Reply 16 of 17
    Cheese from powder. That is gross.
  • Reply 17 of 17
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ThinkingDifferent

Cheese from powder. That is gross.

Not much different than evaporated/powdered milk, which is a pretty common ingredient in many sorts of dishes.