No QT audio and iTunes not loading?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I've updated to QT7 Pro in the last week and since then have lost all QT audio, both on local files and online; plus now iTunes will not load at all: "The iTunes application could not be opened. An unknown error occurred (-200)."

I have no idea how bad this is, or what it means; tried the "Open Audio MIDI Setup, change the Audio Output setting to 44100.0 Hz or less" but with no joy.

Can anyone advise?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    dac0nvudac0nvu Posts: 175member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by artjaz

I've updated to QT7 Pro in the last week and since then have lost all QT audio, both on local files and online; plus now iTunes will not load at all: "The iTunes application could not be opened. An unknown error occurred (-200)."

I have no idea how bad this is, or what it means; tried the "Open Audio MIDI Setup, change the Audio Output setting to 44100.0 Hz or less" but with no joy.

Can anyone advise?

Try opening Garage Band, then closing it. This worked for a problem that I had with QT audio, although I never got the error message you're getting. Just a thought.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    rob05aurob05au Posts: 348member
    Try removing iTunes app and prefs and reinstalling it.

Also do you have any third party codecs in your HD/Library/QuickTime folder?