Mac Pro owners:* What version of OpenGL?

>_>>_>
Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Here's what I've got in my DC of Leopard:

Just trying to figure out if the one supplied is multi-threaded or not.

Thanks!

- Xidius

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    FWIW, 10.4.7 has

Code:

OpenGL:

Versiont1.4.10

Last Modifiedt09/08/06 2:04 AM

Get Info StringtOpenGL 1.4.10.5.0

Locationt/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework

PrivatetNo

• Reply 2 of 13
    Stock Mac Pro - 10.4.7

Code:

OpenGL:

Versiont1.4.11

Last Modifiedt26/07/06 6:23 PM

Get Info StringtOpenGL 1.4.11.17.0

PrivatetNo

• Reply 3 of 13
    >_>>_> Posts: 336member
    Okay well... I have a newer version.. But.. how do I know for sure if it's Multi-threaded or not, then? :P

- Xidius
  • Reply 4 of 13
    Since you run Leopard, you're clearly either under NDA or a pirate, so in the former case, all you have to do is contact your ADC representative, and in the latter case, you're screwed.
  • Reply 5 of 13
    zandroszandros Posts: 537member
    Isn't the last OGL version 2.0?
  • Reply 6 of 13
    wmfwmf Posts: 1,164member
    I am having flashbacks to the "how do I know if I'm running Quartz Extreme?" threads that wouldn't die...
  • Reply 7 of 13
    hirohiro Posts: 2,663member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Zandros

Isn't the last OGL version 2.0?

OpenGL 2.0 is a superset of OpenGL 1.5, or in other words: the OpenGL 2.0 specific stuff is embedded in OpenGL 1.5. I think the OGL board took the cue from Sun who wowed us with Java 2 in their 1.2 release and have continued the silliness since.

That's what happens when engineers and marketers agree on something, the marketers do their own thing anyway.
  • Reply 8 of 13
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    According to Hardmac, the threaded OpenGL may already be out for Mac Pro owners.
  • Reply 9 of 13
    >_>>_> Posts: 336member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wmf

I am having flashbacks to the "how do I know if I'm running Quartz Extreme?" threads that wouldn't die...

Fortunately (At the time) the answer was simple enough to find: "Does your mouse cursor have a shadow?"

:P

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chucker

Since you run Leopard, you're clearly either under NDA or a pirate, so in the former case, all you have to do is contact your ADC representative, and in the latter case, you're screwed.

C: I got my copy from WWDC, and do not have a paid ADC membership. Just the basic stuff that came with my .mac account. No representative. Technical support on the ADC site costs $195 per INCIDENT. Sorry if I'd rather consult my online apple community members for free.

- Xidius
  • Reply 10 of 13
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by >_>

C: I got my copy from WWDC

And you couldn't have asked someone while you were there?
  • Reply 11 of 13
    slugheadslughead Posts: 1,169member
    Stock mac pro

Code:

Versiont1.4.11

Last Modifiedt8/17/06 7:43 AM

Get Info StringtOpenGL 1.4.11.17.0

PrivatetNo

• Reply 12 of 13
    leonardleonard Posts: 528member
    Just make sure you don't mix up the OpenGL standard version number with the OpenGL software version number. The two are not the same. What >_> showed us is the software version # which has nothing to do with the standard version #. So, software version # 1.5.xxx could have the OpenGL 2.0 standards.
  • Reply 13 of 13
    What >_> and everyone else in the thread posting version numbers showed is the version number of the OpenGL framework, i.e. the version of Apple's Mac OS X OpenGL implementation. It may or may not have any correlation at all to the OpenGL standard's version numbers.