So when again is it that we're expecting new iPods?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
September? November? I lose track of rumors.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    As far as I'm concerned, September for nano, October for regular.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Great, I'm selling this never-used nano ASAP then.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    Well I wouldn't do purchases or sales based on unfounded rumors. I'm just giving you my semi-educated guess.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Well thing is I don't particularly love the nano, so I'm pretty much selling it anyways.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    frank777frank777 Posts: 5,839member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chucker

As far as I'm concerned, September for nano, October for regular.

Wouldn't it make more sense to announce the whole line at once?

Who wants a million customers thinking 'something better may be out next month..."
  • Reply 6 of 10
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Frank777

Wouldn't it make more sense to announce the whole line at once?

Apple tends not to do that. The mini, shuffle and nano releases wer eall separate from regular releases, even when they were only weeks off of each other. For example, the iPod mini 2G was introduced mere weeks after the iPod shuffle, and the iPod 5G was introduced just weeks after the iPod nano.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    well now its really confusing, kinda, because like they say nanos now, but now alot of the talk is about itunes and the movie downloads for it. they cant release a movie section of itunes without a new ipod video, it wouldnt be a wise choice. they both need to come out at the same time. I look for to ..." one more thing" after he announces the movie section of itunes
  • Reply 8 of 10
    frank777frank777 Posts: 5,839member
    I get your point Chucker.

However, I think the overall trend at Apple - the 5G notwithstanding - is to update the high margin devices first.

I think that as long as the Movie Download store is ready, the 6G will see the light of day before the Nano.

I'm assuming here that the margin on a 6G will be much higher than a Nano.

Otherwise, with Zune and the Christmas season fast approaching, it may may sense to refresh the entire line at once.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    so the general idea is that we're getting metallic nanos (with video?) and 6Gs with bluetooth support or a simulated touch-screen clickwheel?

is this right?