Dell is the best!

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
For peripherals that is (fooled ya didn't I).

I got a Western Digital 120gig SE hard drive, the one with the 8mb cache for a total of $79 after $100 rebate from Dell.

Its not even the OEM version, its the full retail version in the box.

I ordered it during one of their 20% off all peripheral weekends, plus the rebate brought it to the $79.

Forget the PC's, but they do sometimes have great prices / specials on peripherals you can use with your Mac.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    Actually, they're pretty good with computers too!
  • Reply 2 of 9
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    hey, next time post something along the lines of that deal. not everyone is a pure Mac user, and HD's are universal.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    alcimedes, just check <a href="http://www.gotapex.com"; target="_blank">www.gotapex.com</a> , <a href="http://www.techbargains.com"; target="_blank">www.techbargains.com</a> , and <a href="http://www.slickdeals.net"; target="_blank">www.slickdeals.net</a> periodically.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    klinuxklinux Posts: 453member
    Yup, I check those sites daily too. Watch, Dell will soon be the cheapest place to get iPods due to its frequent use of stackable coupons.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    dygysydygysy Posts: 182member
    Would an iPod for Windows work on a Mac?

It's the only kind Dell will sell and I was thinking the same thing, with their discounts it would be a good way of getting an iPod if it would work with my mac.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    AFAIK, the Windows iPod does not use HFS so it won't work with a Mac... maybe you could use the iPod Updater in conjunction with Disk Utility (erase & format as HFS, then update it?)
  • Reply 7 of 9
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    [quote]Originally posted by crawlingparanoia:

<strong>AFAIK, the Windows iPod does not use HFS so it won't work with a Mac... maybe you could use the iPod Updater in conjunction with Disk Utility (erase & format as HFS, then update it?)</strong><hr></blockquote>

Macs can read Win32, the filesystem used by the Windows iPod. People have reported that it works without being flashed with the Mac updater...
  • Reply 8 of 9
    klinuxklinux Posts: 453member
    Windows iPod is formatted as FAT32 (FAT = file allocation table) and Macs can mount and read the drive automatically. You'd miss the auto-sync and other Apple-only functionality though.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    nebrienebrie Posts: 483member
    [quote]Originally posted by Matsu:

<strong>Actually, they're pretty good with computers too!</strong><hr></blockquote>

Their computers are good, their peripherals are great but everything else sucks. At work, Dell is one of our two main vendors, and ever since Dell fired all those people and began grabbing more marketshare at the same time, they've really gone downhill. I'm not surprised Apple is beating them in support.