Let's share Mac Pro ship dates

Comments

• Reply 201 of 403
    Now let's hope that it doesn't take a week for those of us who ordered later to get theirs shipped.
  • Reply 202 of 403
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    So Mordak and UnixMac, you're both on upgraded shipping, right?
  • Reply 203 of 403
    Do you think I should upgrade mine, Placebo?
  • Reply 204 of 403
    I doubt it'll do anything now (in terms of the shipping date) if they've already started to ship them. Just leave it, last thing you want is to be kicked to the back of the line and end up waiting longer for your Mac than with stock shipping, with $65 less in your pocket.
  • Reply 205 of 403
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Placebo

I doubt it'll do anything now (in terms of the shipping date) if they've already started to ship them. Just leave it, last thing you want is to be kicked to the back of the line and end up waiting longer for your Mac than with stock shipping, with $65 less in your pocket.

So true.

I'm so excited!! My monitor and speakers and harddrives arrived Friday, my camcorder is coming Wednesday, and my computer could be here in 7-10 days. Then all that's missing is the new eyeTV.

My monitor has a stuck pixel though
  • Reply 206 of 403
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ZachPruckowski

My monitor has a stuck pixel though

I don't know if it works or not, but isn't there a way to "massage" the pixels to get them working?
  • Reply 207 of 403
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SharkBait

I don't know if it works or not, but isn't there a way to "massage" the pixels to get them working?

I tried the washcloth method and the seizure video method. No dice.

I'm gonna try again later - I may not have done the washcloth right, and the video can't run at max-resolution from my iBook.
  • Reply 208 of 403
    Quote:

So Mordak and UnixMac, you're both on upgraded shipping, right?

You mean faster delivery? I chose the free shipping--I'll probably get mine on Friday or Saturday. I chose to not pay extra and torture myself for free.

Quote:

Now let's hope that it doesn't take a week for those of us who ordered later to get theirs shipped.

I hope they didn't send out one shipment and then delay the later ones. Ouch.
  • Reply 209 of 403
    I paid $44 to get it sent 2-day as I HATE Fedex ground.. they've destroyed more guitars in transit for me than Pete Townsend in the 60's destroyed Strats!

The Fedex Air guys are a whole different group of employees and are far more professional in how they handle packages.
  • Reply 210 of 403
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mordak

You mean faster delivery? I chose the free shipping--I'll probably get mine on Friday or Saturday. I chose to not pay extra and torture myself for free.

I hope they didn't send out one shipment and then delay the later ones. Ouch.

Well, you and I ordered on the same day and have essentially the same configuration (do you have Airport/Bluetooth) and have the same shipping so I'm hoping for an email tomorrow perhaps.

EDIT: You do! The injustice!
  • Reply 211 of 403
    Quote:

The injustice!

Indeed. Oh well, not much longer...
  • Reply 212 of 403
    Mordak and UnixMac:

What time of day did you recieve your emails at? I'm just curious how Apple works, whether they do it in huge batches or "as they come". I'm guessing mine will ship tomorrow as I'm the order date + shipping + config as Mordak () and Apple is probably pushing these out as quickly as they can.
  • Reply 213 of 403
    Quote:

Mordak and UnixMac:

What time of day did you recieve your emails at? I'm just curious how Apple works, whether they do it in huge batches or "as they come". I'm guessing mine will ship tomorrow as I'm the order date + shipping + config as Mordak () and Apple is probably pushing these out as quickly as they can.

Same situation as you, Placebo; same date (Aug 8th) and config (BT/AE and 1900XT).

No update, still Sept 13 shipping date.
  • Reply 214 of 403
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    I just ordered my Mac Pro today (September 5th) and it has a ship time of 3-4 weeks. I'll report in on updates as they come out.

Machine is fully loaded and replaces my Rev A Dual G5 tower. Woo Hoo!! I finally get that 3 GHz machine Steve promised!
  • Reply 215 of 403
    I had a ship date of sept 21st with my Mac Pro X1900/AP, but it shipped out to the UK on 4th Sept. Should be here in a few days.....
  • Reply 216 of 403
    I ordered mine mid/early August.

Order ship date has been posted as Sept 20th

Though now I can't check my order status as I keep getting this error:

"We're Sorry

A technical difficulty has prevented us from processing your request. Please click here to return to the Apple Online Store."

Two 2.66GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon

2GB

ATI Radeon X1900 XT 512MB (2 x dual-link DVI)

250GB 7200-rpm Serial ATA 3Gb/s

1 x SuperDrive

Both Bluetooth 2.0+EDR

Apple Care

My free Nano showed up though..

flick.
  • Reply 217 of 403
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Flick Justice

I ordered mine mid/early August.

Order ship date has been posted as Sept 20th

Though now I can't check my order status as I keep getting this error:

"We're Sorry

A technical difficulty has prevented us from processing your request. Please click here to return to the Apple Online Store."

x1900, AP, and BT - getting "check that your order number and postal code are correct" on the widget.

And same error as you in Safari.
  • Reply 218 of 403
    Quote:

x1900, AP, and BT - getting "check that your order number and postal code are correct" on the widget.

And same error as you in Safari.

Maybe Canadians arn't allowed to join the Mac revolution...

Post if it fixes its self, I'll do the same.

flick.
  • Reply 219 of 403
    Ok I can check my order online. Still Says it will ship Sept 20th..

How long can a person survive with out new gear?

flick.
  • Reply 220 of 403
    Yeah, my widget now is back to saying shipping Sept 21st.