iMac

Comments

• Reply 61 of 81
    zybalazybala Posts: 20member
    Well I finally heard back from the Apple company and they did not really have any information for me. They did say that the availability of products changes quickly and that I might get the computer earlier than the estimated date 9/13/2006. They did offer to refund my expedited shipping that they charged me that I did appreciate. The only hope I have now is that Gar is right when he says that the Core 2 will be announced on the 12th and they will send out my computer with the new chip in it on the 13th. I will keep you updated.
  • Reply 62 of 81
    shanmugamshanmugam Posts: 1,200member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by zybala

Well I finally heard back from the Apple company and they did not really have any information for me. They did say that the availability of products changes quickly and that I might get the computer earlier than the estimated date 9/13/2006. They did offer to refund my expedited shipping that they charged me that I did appreciate. The only hope I have now is that Gar is right when he says that the Core 2 will be announced on the 12th and they will send out my computer with the new chip in it on the 13th. I will keep you updated.

Here in singapore, Dell announced all the notebooks with Core 2 Duo BTO option ... desktop Dimension 9200 with Core 2 Duo also available for a week...

mmm .... next tuesday!

iMac with Conroe

MBP with Merom
  • Reply 63 of 81
    gargar Posts: 1,201member
    I hope I won't get Rolowed about this.

Don't read to much in my comment about the 3 weeks delay.

I have no info whatsoever, I just speculated like everybody else on this forum.

I really hope we can take our Core2Duo Macs home soon.
  • Reply 64 of 81
    I ordered a 17" iMac almost three weeks ago. The ship date was unexpectedly delayed for a week, and then it finally "shipped" on August 23. There's a tracking number and everything. But now, eight days after it "shipped", Sameday Right-O-Way says they're still waiting to receive the item from Apple. Dunno if this means anything or if I just have a messed up order.
  • Reply 65 of 81
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by King Chung Huang

I ordered a 17" iMac almost three weeks ago. The ship date was unexpectedly delayed for a week, and then it finally "shipped" on August 23. There's a tracking number and everything. But now, eight days after it "shipped", Sameday Right-O-Way says they're still waiting to receive the item from Apple. Dunno if this means anything or if I just have a messed up order.

Have you contacted apple to find out what their reason if for this? When I spoke with a customer service rep from apple she said "We are supposed to tell you, what they are telling us to tell you is, I'm supposed to say there is a shortage because of the back to school season." Was that someone trying to give me a hint that something is on the horizon? OR was this just someone in customer service who could not put together a sentence? Not sure but if you talk to Apple's customer service let us know what they say.
  • Reply 66 of 81
    Do y'all still think this coming Tuesday is the day to watch or with the rumors of the announcement in Cali on the 12th do you think we may have to wait even longer? Or will we see a silent update to the iMac processor and then the 12th focus on iTMS/iPods?
  • Reply 67 of 81
    jcgjcg Posts: 777member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by King Chung Huang

If it shipped and you have a tracking number I would be calling the shipping company and Apple and finding out where it is. If Apple has it listed as shipped, but it was never picked up and Apple does not know that it was never picked up then you need to tell them or else they won't know to ship it. There might be something wrong with the database or someone might have "missed" it and it's in their living room, or something else may have happened. I would never let something something go that long after it supposedly shipped to raise some Cain. If it didn't ship then Apple should have it listed as delayed, not shipped.
  • Reply 68 of 81
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:

When I spoke with a customer service rep from apple she said "We are supposed to tell you, what they are telling us to tell you is, I'm supposed to say there is a shortage because of the back to school season." Was that someone trying to give me a hint that something is on the horizon? OR was this just someone in customer service who could not put together a sentence?

The latter I am afraid. Customer service people know hardly more than anyone here can reasonably guess. Often they know less since they don't always follow the more recent developments like the AI pointers do.
  • Reply 69 of 81
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jdcfsu

Do y'all still think this coming Tuesday is the day to watch or with the rumors of the announcement in Cali on the 12th do you think we may have to wait even longer? Or will we see a silent update to the iMac processor and then the 12th focus on iTMS/iPods?

Who knows? My estimate is that the new iMacs are not arriving just yet. On the other hand, it is strange that Apple decided against a keynote in Paris and organize a special event in San Francisco. Perhaps they (read: S. Jobs) don't feel anymore too welcome in France?
  • Reply 70 of 81
    jcgjcg Posts: 777member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PB

Who knows? My estimate is that the new iMacs are not arriving just yet. On the other hand, it is strange that Apple decided against a keynote in Paris and organize a special event in San Francisco. Perhaps they (read: S. Jobs) don't feel anymore too welcome in France?

It could be that the announcement is about iTMS, with a roll out ready for the US and UK (it doesn't make sense to make the announcement with a video feed to the UK if it is not going to be available there) but not for France. Apple could intentionally be holding out the roll out in France due to the DRM fight that France is waging, and it makes no sense to announce this in a Keynote in Paris if it is not going to be available there. However, if it was me that is exactly what I would do making sure to make a smart a$$ comment about the availability there when they can be assured that the French government is willing to protect copyrights of the content they are providing.
  • Reply 71 of 81
    I just want my mac. If it has the core 2 in it that is great. If it doesn't I will live. I will be frustrated and a little pissed that it took so long, but either way I want to see what the mac can do compared to the PC I am currently on and the onles I have used in the past.
  • Reply 72 of 81
    Quote:

Have you contacted apple to find out what their reason if for this? [...] Not sure but if you talk to Apple's customer service let us know what they say.

Yeah, I called Apple this morning and they say it has shipped out of their warehouse and can take a little while to get to the shipper. My experience is that this usually takes 3 to 5 days; not sure why it's taking so long this time. Oh, well.
  • Reply 73 of 81
    With all this talk about the new imac I am wondering if anyone can give me an imac history about orders. I ordered mky imac and was told that it will not be shipped until the 13th of september. Will I recieve an upgrade? Do I need to cancle my order and reorder after the announcement? I have been tryin gto get an answer on this before when there was just speculation. But now it seems as if it is more than just speculation. I don't need the 23' model but I do want to get the most maxed out 20" possable.
  • Reply 74 of 81
    Quote:

With all this talk about the new imac I am wondering if anyone can give me an imac history about orders. I ordered mky imac and was told that it will not be shipped until the 13th of september. Will I recieve an upgrade? Do I need to cancle my order and reorder after the announcement? I have been tryin gto get an answer on this before when there was just speculation. But now it seems as if it is more than just speculation. I don't need the 23' model but I do want to get the most maxed out 20" possable.

If Apple delays an order and the new model is announced before your order ships, you're probably getting the new version. And if it does ship shortly before the announcement, you can almost always ask Apple about either replacing your system with the new model or else getting credit for lost value.
  • Reply 75 of 81
    Thank you. That is really reassuring. I am making the switch from PC to Mac and have been up in arms about the whole delay and upgrade stuff that is going on.
  • Reply 76 of 81
    it will be worth the wait.
  • Reply 77 of 81
    Though i would like to know too, when I order a new iMac with merom how long will it take or do you think it would take to get?
  • Reply 78 of 81
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacsRbetterthanPC

Though i would like to know too, when I order a new iMac with merom how long will it take or do you think it would take to get?

Apple's not gonna like to be delaying consumer models. Pros tend to have less of a hurry when they buy (since they plan out upgrades and tend to have the old models still around), but consumers buy when stuff breaks. They want to have the computer within a week because they are buying to replace something that's broken, or as a present, or something.
  • Reply 79 of 81
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ZachPruckowski

Apple's not gonna like to be delaying consumer models. Pros tend to have less of a hurry when they buy (since they plan out upgrades and tend to have the old models still around), but consumers buy when stuff breaks. They want to have the computer within a week because they are buying to replace something that's broken, or as a present, or something.

So it's possible to say, purchase a BTO 23" on the 12th and have it arrive on say, the 18th which just so happens to be my birthday?
  • Reply 80 of 81
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacsRbetterthanPC

I really want a new iMac. What are the odds of something before september?

Zero! It's the 3rd of Sep