Apple Event Sept 12...in San Fran

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    HOLY FRACK. YouTube is most disturbing. I was just pulling a name randomly when I mentioned Justin Timberlake, and I had no idea that song was by him.

Number One. Why are all music videos pretty much light/medium-core pr9n nowadays???

Number Two. Is it just me or is this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZLc1HZ_pxs very very disturbing.

Number Three. Why can't we stick to wholesome family stuff like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxqLGKoIJnk - especially if the stars are teen/ pre-teen girls
  • Reply 22 of 26
    aND wtf IS it nowadays with all this exhibitionism of myspace.com and youtube.com and all that. Youngsters nowadays... tsk tsk tsk. Back in my day, we didn't do such things. I went back to my university I went to in 1996-1998, and I saw tons of mobile phones and laptops and wireless internet and stuff. Back in 1996-97, I was probably the ONLY guy with a laptop in lectures. And um, nobody used mobile phones. And Internet was slow and pr9n was mostly on newsgroups. OMG that's almost 10 years ago...!! *sigh* For someone that's only 28, I'm pretty confused by all this new Gen Z stuff

What gen is it now? Coz Gen X is family people now, late 20-s early 30s people are Gen Y, right, then the 12-22 youtube/ myspace/ mobile-obsessed generation is Gen Z, right???
  • Reply 23 of 26
    shanmugamshanmugam Posts: 1,200member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sunilraman

aND wtf IS it nowadays with all this exhibitionism of myspace.com and youtube.com and all that. Youngsters nowadays... tsk tsk tsk. Back in my day, we didn't do such things. I went back to my university I went to in 1996-1998, and I saw tons of mobile phones and laptops and wireless internet and stuff. Back in 1996-97, I was probably the ONLY guy with a laptop in lectures. And um, nobody used mobile phones. And Internet was slow and pr9n was mostly on newsgroups. OMG that's almost 10 years ago...!! *sigh* For someone that's only 28, I'm pretty confused by all this new Gen Z stuff

What gen is it now? Coz Gen X is family people now, late 20-s early 30s people are Gen Y, right, then the 12-22 youtube/ myspace/ mobile-obsessed generation is Gen Z, right???

yeah man, quite true, Gen Y do all kinda of stuff ... i am a year older than you ... some time i find it scary too ...

most outgoing and willing to try anything this Gen Z...
  • Reply 24 of 26
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by onlooker

The reason Apple has all those labels support is because of their DRM protection scheme. And because of it iTunes has an advantage over many others in getting new technology - Like movies.

And to the next guy - sharing music with your friends is still illegal, and wrong. No one gets paid.

Someone might eventually get paid. If I like an album enough, I go out and buy it. And that includes the albums that have been lent to me and I've ripped. I assume that from the rest of my friends, cause I have nice friends
  • Reply 25 of 26
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sunilraman

When I was in the university we were still in the first generation of cellular phones... And the computers ran in terminal mode (no X11 at the time). I agree, today's young people are pretty "wild". They feed (are feeded back by) technology with (in) their activities.
  • Reply 26 of 26
    OMFG Conf1rmed...!!!!11!!one!!11 iMac Merom released. As if you didn't know. But just as recap, this leaves, iPhone, iTMS Movies, Video Streaming.

iHome-type device is out of the question because Mac Minis have just been updated. Unless there is a reall fancy iHome based on the Mac Mini but having it's juicy iHome-type goodness.