I just sent the email below to:

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

Anyone think we'll see any results? I'll let you all know if I get any replies.

======================

Dear Steve Jobs,

I'm a longtime Mac user and fan. But there's one huge problem for me with the Mac platform... and that problem is that the only real personal finance manager, Quicken, totally, 100%, absolutely SUCKS! And to top it off Intuit's Bill Campbell is on Apple's board! WTF?!?

So, I'm writing to propose to and beg Apple to develop the sweetest personal finance manager the world has ever seen, complete with the sweetest, core-animated, feature rich interface, etc., and get all online financial institutions to support direct connect functionality for the Apple-developed PFM.

Please, Apple, I beg you to do this for us! Quicken totally SUCKS and all the other little ibank/liquidledger apps feel like fisher price toys. We Mac users really do have cash/debt/accounts/budgets/etc and need a good way to manage all this. And if there ever was an app that needed to be developed by a large powerful company it would be this, a personal finance manager, because it takes a powerful company to get the support of all the financial institutions for direct-connect type functionality. I'm sick of Quicken's Web Connect or download-a-QIF crap.

Please, Apple! Please make it happen!

Thanks

Macvault

Comments

• Reply 1 of 17
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Wow, I hope you didn't seriously send that.
  • Reply 2 of 17
    omegaomega Posts: 427member
    Why not. Quicken and Quickbooks for the mac is complete arse.

I have to use VPC to run an antiquated version of Quickbooks for the PC as it is more feature rich than the newest mac version.
  • Reply 3 of 17
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Omega

That may be your opinion, but wording it like that in an official letter is likely to do more harm than good.
  • Reply 4 of 17
    Ok, I'll shut my mouth and just ask all you guys to write a business-correct letter about the PFM issue to Apple and Intuit. Thanks!
  • Reply 5 of 17
    If Bill Campbell is on the board then I do not see Apple building a competing product, especially if the reason he is on the board is to keep Quicken for Mac in existence.

Too bad PeachTree is Windows only because they could make a kick-ass personal financial management application, and it would be a great way for them to enter the Mac market.
  • Reply 6 of 17
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chucker

Wow, I hope you didn't seriously send that.

I dunno Chucker, maybe Business Correspondence 101 has changed over the years and using such colorful terms like SUCKS WTF?!!? and crap are now considered 'in good form'...

D
  • Reply 7 of 17
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by troberts

If Bill Campbell is on the board then I do not see Apple building a competing product, especially if the reason he is on the board is to keep Quicken for Mac in existence.

If Bill Campbell is on board to keep Quicken for Mac in existence, while at the same time ensuring that Quicken for Mac remains a terrible product far beyond it's Windows version, then here's what needs to happen if Apple cares at all about itself...

1) Apple needs to remove Bill Campbell from Apple's board.

2) Apple needs to then develop the holy grail of personal finance managers and get the support of the financial industry.

Intuit does not care one bit about the Mac platform, so Apple better start caring for it by removing Bill Campbell from the board.
  • Reply 8 of 17
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DaveGee

I dunno Chucker, maybe Business Correspondence 101 has changed over the years and using such colorful terms like SUCKS WTF?!!? and crap are now considered 'in good form'...

D

Yea, maybe. Doesn't Apple "Think Different" anyway??? How bout Apple's stupid ads now. The traditional Business Correspondence 101 would role over in it's grave if it saw Apple's new TV commercials.
  • Reply 9 of 17
    Quote:

I must be getting too old for this "new generation" then
  • Reply 10 of 17
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Omega

I have to use VPC to run an antiquated version of Quickbooks for the PC as it is more feature rich than the newest mac version.

it's sooooo bad that i have 2003 and won't update till the above happens. banks are also at fault. quicken should have a subscription on line service that is universal, e.g. any browser like google gmail, do everything on line backup data to .mac and MAKE IT USEFUL. they are losing big $$$ by having such wimp product that you don't want to spend to upgrade. see if intuit is on the board i can imagine google on the board is just for show. or they just wanted to get a free mac and have apple on the resume. besides most boards don't do squat, it's the ceo that gives direction and makes the board come along. the boards i've worked with were clueless only came for the free meals and hotel. how long has intuit been on the board why even have these dingus brains on a board unless you put your buddies on and lead it all by yourself, if you like control as all these board membes do, then they say hey we'll get paid and you do your thing, yea i'd like another steak and lobster...hey SJ how about a jet for the family outing to the hamptons.
  • Reply 11 of 17
    kishankishan Posts: 732member
    Try iBank. It got four mice from Macworld and may be a lightweight Quicken competitor.

http://www.iggsoftware.com/ibank/index.html
  • Reply 12 of 17
    frank777frank777 Posts: 5,839member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kishan

Try iBank. It got four mice from Macworld and may be a lightweight Quicken competitor.

http://www.iggsoftware.com/ibank/index.html

What he said.

If IGG keeps development going strong, iBank 3 will likely mean the platform won't have to worry about Quicken anymore.
  • Reply 13 of 17
    dave k.dave k. Posts: 1,306member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by troberts

If Mac Quicken sucks compared to the Windows version, get rid of it. A lousy application doesn't help Apple, it only hurts them.

Companies like PeachTree don't see opportunity on the Mac platform. Maybe if Quicken is discontinued, they (or another) might come to the platform.

Dave
  • Reply 14 of 17
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chucker

That may be your opinion, but wording it like that in an official letter is likely to do more harm than good.

I get your point, but at least they might pay attention to it. (I never used quicken before myself)
  • Reply 15 of 17
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland

I get your point, but at least they might pay attention to it. (I never used quicken before myself)

Do you really think they *personally* read the messages sent to those mailboxes? I mean yes they (might) respond to *some* of the email addressed to those addresses but you've gotta know that someone else is hired to pre-scan the TONS of email those addresses get and only *pass* emails that fit some given set of criteria.

Otherwise all they'd be doing all day is reading crazy email messages.

D
  • Reply 16 of 17
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:

Do you really think they *personally* read the messages sent to those mailboxes? I mean yes they (might) respond to *some* of the email addressed to those addresses but you've gotta know that someone else is hired to pre-scan the TONS of email those addresses get and only *pass* emails that fit some given set of criteria.

D

[email protected] or http://www.apple.com/macosx/feedback/
  • Reply 17 of 17
    Quote:

D

About six months ago I emailed Inuti CEO Steve Bennett letting him know how bad Quicken for Mac is and he personally emailed back saying they are taking a hard look at what to do with the future of that product.