Songs on compy-but not ipod

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
So my library says: 1868 items, 7.6 days, 20.14 GB but ipod says: 1792 items, 7.1 days, 16.88 GB...whats the deal? Any help is mush appreciated, as i just got it replaced because of failed hard drive, and now this. thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    dave k.dave k. Posts: 1,306member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by swimmer

So my library says: 1868 items, 7.6 days, 20.14 GB but ipod says: 1792 items, 7.1 days, 16.88 GB...whats the deal? Any help is mush appreciated, as i just got it replaced because of failed hard drive, and now this. thanks.

Are some of your songs actually .MOV files. That happened to me a couple of times. I received an error stating that some files are not compatible with my iPod (or something like that).

Dave
  • Reply 2 of 9
    I know this is a bit obvious but check all of the iPod settings. Check and see if it is set update automatically or manually, and then see if it is updating all the checked songs or not. There's that and also make sure that all of the files are in the right place. If you can see them in iTunes though I don't think that the files are misplaced.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    doesnt count podcasts as songs
  • Reply 4 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mbaynham

doesnt count podcasts as songs

oh...but it should still show up as an item. And i should have around 7 gb left, when it says i have 10
  • Reply 5 of 9
    Quote:

oh...but it should still show up as an item. And i should have around 7 gb left, when it says i have 10

sorry, mis-read
  • Reply 6 of 9
    thats ok. but i still need help!!!
  • Reply 7 of 9
    just had a quick check on my ipod and itunes. ive got 1762 items in my itunes library, my ipod says ive got 1474 songs and 285 videos, which works out to 1759 altogether. hmmm. thats 3 files... my library also says that 10.96gb but it says that the ipod has 11.72gb used. but on the ipod it says that the capacity is only 27.8gb. your not on your own...
  • Reply 8 of 9
    keshkesh Posts: 621member
    Quote:

As for size discrepancies, it may just be that the iPod is using a different block size than the hard drive in your Mac. I wouldn't expect that much of a difference, though. :/

Make sure it's actually syncing your whole library, rather than a certain playlist or group of files. Check and see if you have some of your own videos in iTunes, as it won't sync anything the iPod can't play. Check and make sure it's set to sync your podcasts, if you're subscribed to any.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    ok ill check it out tonite (BTW i have a pc if it makes a difference.)