new form factor for next macbook pro?

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 52
    lustlust Posts: 83member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Guartho

I've never seen a non-Mac computer use a stable, user-friendly operating system either so lets ask Apple to get rid of that too.

Um, Linux? Oh whatever, I give up on you. I guess all those things people say about Apple fanboys are true. You all should really get your head out of your ass.
  • Reply 42 of 52
    guarthoguartho Posts: 1,208member
    Nope, never seen Linux. Heard a lot about it, but I've never seen it. I don't see why you're giving up on me. It's my first post in this thread.

As for pulling my head out of my ass, as along as no one pulls my firewire port out of my computer I'll be happy. You see, My income depends on that little port and I really don't give a damn whether other people use it or not.
  • Reply 43 of 52
    lustlust Posts: 83member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Guartho

Nope, never seen Linux. Heard a lot about it, but I've never seen it. I don't see why you're giving up on me. It's my first post in this thread.

As for pulling my head out of my ass, as along as no one pulls my firewire port out of my computer I'll be happy. You see, My income depends on that little port and I really don't give a damn whether other people use it or not.

"You" was a generality. I was referring to everyone here.
  • Reply 44 of 52
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by vorm-krijger

Black anodized aluminum!! Gorgeous, and don't forget the delicious surprise awaiting inside, the all new MacBook-like keyboard. Somebody hire that guy
  • Reply 45 of 52
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lust

Um, Linux?

Linux is extremely stable and user friendly (there is at least one distribution I like actually), but you have to place the attribute "user friendly" in context, that is, with respect to what it used to be. And even today, Mac OS X is far easier to configure and use by the average user (especially for handling pictures, music and video) than Linux. But I am not stating something original. The opposite would be surprising.
  • Reply 46 of 52
    WHAT that macbook is just a normal current one with a black background in the shadows WOW you fanboys really are blind!!!
  • Reply 47 of 52
    Quote:

WHAT that macbook is just a normal current one with a black background in the shadows WOW you fanboys really are blind!!!

No thats a macbookPro with some photoshop color work and a copypast strechdistort colorcorrect badly done magneticlatch
  • Reply 48 of 52
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ChrisDaMacMan

The machine depicted in that mockup does not exist, at least not as a purchasable product by Apple.

The fat black dot is to the left of the latch, which is a MacBook Pro characteristic. MacBook non-Pro has the dot to the very right. So, it must be a MacBook Pro, right?

No, because that hatch is from the looks of it, magnetic, and only the MacBook non-Pro has a magnetic latch.
  • Reply 49 of 52
    And if they do add a magnetic latch to the MBP, don't for a moment think that the IR "mole" will remain where it is now. It will be moved to the corner, possibly obscured by the SuperDrive, like on the Mac mini.
  • Reply 50 of 52
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,309moderator
    Quote:

Accepted and used are not quite the same thing. USB is the "standard" port for most computers now, firewire isn't. In all honesty, I think I may have seen one non-Mac computer with a firewire port, other than that I've never seen one use it.

I guess because you haven't seen anyone use one then you must be right.

Quote:

Um, Linux? Oh whatever, I give up on you. I guess all those things people say about Apple fanboys are true. You all should really get your head out of your ass.

All I ever seem to hear about Linux switchers is 'hey, my sound card doesn't work' or 'hey, I can't get the right graphics drivers'. Of course, I'm judging from what I've seen so in the same light as you, I must be right.
  • Reply 51 of 52
    Why is it that so many threads are derailed by assholes recently? The idea of a thread is to discuss ideas related to a topic.

I suspect the next MBP will have an enclosure identical to the current one, with perhaps a sunken keyboard å la MB n-P. I hope for greater changes, and an anodized black enclosure, but I doubt it will happen.

Anodized black aluminum, incidentally, is matte black, not 'darker silvery' like the posted image. It would look very good wrapped around my new MBP in a few weeks.
  • Reply 52 of 52
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by m01ety

And if they do add a magnetic latch to the MBP, don't for a moment think that the IR "mole" will remain where it is now. It will be moved to the corner, possibly obscured by the SuperDrive, like on the Mac mini.

I fail to see any connection between using a magnetic latch and changing the position of the IR receiver.