Briefly: X1900 Mac Pro ships, new nano ramping

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 36
    m01etym01ety Posts: 278member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hattig

Here's hoping that Apple open a store in Cambridge soon...

They already have! (In Cambridge, MA, USA, that is -- a minor detail, you'll agree. I go there all the time! )
  • Reply 22 of 36
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Nine-Seventy

Think yourself lucky - google tells me its 115 miles from Exeter to Southampton (but we all know the south-west doesn't really exist anyway ).

Ahh someone in Exeter! I'm at uni there and I always think that new shopping center could be a future Apple store location... (Well we can hope!) At home I live about an hour and a half away from Bluewater in Kent, and it'll be around an hour to the new Southampton store. But the south-west needs a store badly.
  • Reply 23 of 36
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by maimezvous

Wow! You get 4.7 songs! I only get .33 now. I can't wait to see these new nanos.

Aren't there battery replacements for those?
  • Reply 24 of 36
    haggarhaggar Posts: 1,568member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Elijahg

LOL Yea, I've been there once or twice. The staff aren't very nice though... I prefer Farpoint in Bath.

Farpoint? Sounds like something from Star Trek.
  • Reply 25 of 36
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Haggar

Farpoint? Sounds like something from Star Trek.

It was from a science fiction novel. Can't remember the name right now. I have it somewhere.
  • Reply 26 of 36
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross

Aren't there battery replacements for those?

Yeah, AI has had an ad lately advertising a DYI kit for this. It sounds like a pretty good deal. I might be purchasing a kit and doing that. I do have a nano though, so it's not like I need my mini for anything else but a small firewire drive to take to and from school.
  • Reply 27 of 36
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by m01ety

They already have! (In Cambridge, MA, USA, that is -- a minor detail, you'll agree. I go there all the time! )

why cant americans make up ther own city names? cambridge, birmingham.... york, as in new york...
  • Reply 28 of 36
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mbaynham

why cant americans make up ther own city names? cambridge, birmingham.... york, as in new york...

You just hear about a few of them. As we have about a hundred times as many cities and towns as you do, it's not surprising that you don't know about all of them.

Try some other big ones.

Chicago, Los Angles, Miami, Cincinnati, Houston, Atlanta, Milwaukee, Anchorage, Philadelphia, Boston, etc.

Also in New York City itself, the boroughs of Manhattan, the Bronx, and, of course, Brooklyn.
  • Reply 29 of 36
    I still don't understand why they put one in Southampton of all places! My nearest store is over 200 miles away so I am hoping Apple will put one in the MetroCentre near Newcastle. If anyone from Apple is watching - I think it is still Europe's largest shopping centre.
  • Reply 30 of 36
    i think i read s
  • Reply 31 of 36
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Shaun, UK

I still don't understand why they put one in Southampton of all places! My nearest store is over 200 miles away so I am hoping Apple will put one in the MetroCentre near Newcastle. If anyone from Apple is watching - I think it is still Europe's largest shopping centre.

i tink i read somewhere dat the centre:mk is europes longest shopping centre, its something like half a mile long, we should get one!!!
  • Reply 32 of 36
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mbaynham

i tink i read somewhere dat the centre:mk is europes longest shopping centre, its something like half a mile long, we should get one!!!

It keeps changing as they all get bigger. Let's have one in both locations.

Do they still have those concrete cows in MK?
  • Reply 33 of 36
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Shaun, UK

Do they still have those concrete cows in MK?

Concrete cows. Hmm! Do they give powdered milk?
  • Reply 34 of 36
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross

Concrete cows. Hmm! Do they give powdered milk?

I thought it was zombie cows that did that.
  • Reply 35 of 36
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JeffDM

I thought it was zombie cows that did that.

I can't think of a response!
  • Reply 36 of 36
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Ugh my X1900 XT Mac Pro hasn't shipped yet.