Got an X1900 XT Mac Pro on order? Go get free 2-Day shipping!

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Myself and a bunch of people on forums.macrumors.com have done this with success:

Call up 1-800-MY-APPLE and press 3 to get redirected to the orders division; when you finally get to a rep, mention that you have an X1900 XT on preorder that hasn't shipped and that you've been waiting for it for quite a while, and that people who have ordered just five days ago have had theirs shipped while you haven't despite ordering much earlier (this has been the case with tons of people, really not cool).

They will most likely give you free 2-Day FedEx upgraded shipping that's normally a nice bit of cash to get, to make up for your customer dissatisfaction. Worked for me, it can work for you.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Placebo

They will most likely give you free 2-Day FedEx upgraded shipping that's normally a nice bit of cash to get, to make up for your customer dissatisfaction. Worked for me, it can work for you.

Didn't work for me, but I didn't push. What's another week? \
  • Reply 2 of 11
    Are they 24/7?
  • Reply 3 of 11
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    Perhaps I should try since I just placed my order yesterday. ;D
  • Reply 4 of 11
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ZachPruckowski

Are they 24/7?

Just tried. LOL - they close at 10 central time. I missed it by like 5 minutes. Damn you distracting BSG trailer!!!
  • Reply 5 of 11
    How on earth can you be dissatisfied if your orders are still going to end up shipping on time, or even better, a few weeks early? Just because they're not shipping early enough? Give me a break. I hope Apple tells you all to go pound sand. (And yes, this is coming from a Mac Pro buyer who's still waiting for his ship date of September 19th).
  • Reply 6 of 11
    Ease up, ai. We're all excited, and it's logical (if not correct) to believe that first ordered would be first served. There wasn't many issues when no deliveries were occurring.

My guess is that early adopters have purchased other Apple hardware before (this is my fifth mac) so they're eager to see the new processing power, and those buying the 1900 XT know they're spending more (too much?) for the optional card, too.
  • Reply 7 of 11
    I called yesterday and was told that since my MacPro was being sent from California, they would give me free overnight shipping. Since then, my order has become non-cancellable but I do not have an e-mail shipping notice and my credit card has not been charged. Maybe today...
  • Reply 8 of 11
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ai51240

How on earth can you be dissatisfied if your orders are still going to end up shipping on time, or even better, a few weeks early? Just because they're not shipping early enough? Give me a break. I hope Apple tells you all to go pound sand. (And yes, this is coming from a Mac Pro buyer who's still waiting for his ship date of September 19th).

Well aren't you righteous. The problem is in the way they're doing the shipping: if we ordered a few hours after the keynote, we should get ours first. You really can't argue with first-come first-serve fairness.

Today my order came uncancelable, suggesting that it'll ship tonight and I'll wake up to a Mac Pro on Saturday!
  • Reply 9 of 11
    congrats placebo. I want mine next week!!!!

I can't cancel either!!!!!

EDIT: OMG!!! OMG!!!! It worked for me too!! Free 2-3 day shipping and my order is uncancellable!!! I'll prolly get it monday! OMG!!!

(can you tell I'm excited?)
  • Reply 10 of 11
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    I think you might get it Saturday even.
  • Reply 11 of 11
    True - my camera was 3 day shipping and I got it in 2