How do I remove my macbook pro spacebar?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Well,

My macbook pro was having some video related issues and i took it to the apple store. They replaced with a brand new computer... the only problem is this:

MY SPACEBAR SQUEAKS LIKE CRAZY!!!

Im having trouble staying focused while i type this. haha Anywhere I can get instructions to remove the spacebar so i can clean/lube the scissor hinges? I think im going to go nuts. haha

Thanks!

Rian

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    slugheadslughead Posts: 1,169member
    Buy a new keyboard? (not from Apple)
  • Reply 2 of 6
    keshkesh Posts: 621member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DrFlynn

Well,

My macbook pro was having some video related issues and i took it to the apple store. They replaced with a brand new computer... the only problem is this:

Im having trouble staying focused while i type this. haha Anywhere I can get instructions to remove the spacebar so i can clean/lube the scissor hinges? I think im going to go nuts. haha

Thanks!

Rian

Take it back to the Apple store and demonstrate the squeaking for them. If they have a reasonable tech on staff, it should be easy enough to fix.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DrFlynn

Well,

Thanks!

Rian

I had the exact same problems with mine. I took it to the local genius bar and they fixed it in 20 minutes in their back room.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by axc51

I had the exact same problems with mine. I took it to the local genius bar and they fixed it in 20 minutes in their back room.

5 Minutes: Find an unopened mac

5 Minutes: carefully open the box to the mac

5 Minutes: carefully swap the included keyboard with the squeaky one

5 Minutes: Drink beer

"Here you are sir, all fixed!"
  • Reply 5 of 6
    >_>>_> Posts: 336member
    Quote:

Buy a new keyboard? (not from Apple)

Quote:

5 Minutes: Find an unopened mac

5 Minutes: carefully open the box to the mac

5 Minutes: carefully swap the included keyboard with the squeaky one

5 Minutes: Drink beer

You realize he is speaking of a MacBOOK Pro, right? You know.. The kind with a build-in keyboard?

- Xidius
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by >_>

You realize he is speaking of a MacBOOK Pro, right? You know.. The kind with a build-in keyboard?

- Xidius

With the 2nd post, yes, not the first one though .. I was half asleep..