SuperDrive 1 GHz PowerBooks

14567810»

Comments

• Reply 181 of 192
    [quote]Originally posted by admactanium:

<strong>no, their product photos are not computer generated. i know this because i have had friends who have worked on their advertising account. i don't think the average person realizes how much time and effort goes into product photography. they can very easily make things look perfect and otherworldly (combined with retouching). that's why they use such good photographers. i once spent 9 hours overseeing a shoot for one shot of a hamburger. trust me, it's more meticulous and detail-oriented than you could believe would be reasonable.</strong><hr></blockquote>

On my TiBook (800Mhz), the letters "PowerBook G4" under the screen are in a serif-font. On the picture above it pretty much looks like a sans-serif font.

my 2 cents

cs.
  • Reply 182 of 192
    bjnybjny Posts: 191member
    How should the new IGHz Titanium comprae with the new Dual 1GHz DDR tower using Photoshop?
  • Reply 183 of 192
    The new Apple font is sans serif! And I hate it! God dammit they change things I identify Apple with and love like... Apple Garamond!!! F&#K F&#K F&#K!

Though it won't stop me from loving the Mac just the same

[ 11-12-2002: Message edited by: Xhorxhi ]</p>
  • Reply 184 of 192
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    [quote]Originally posted by crooked spoon:

<strong>

On my TiBook (800Mhz), the letters "PowerBook G4" under the screen are in a serif-font. On the picture above it pretty much looks like a sans-serif font.

my 2 cents

cs.</strong><hr></blockquote>

My old iPod has "iPod" on the mirrored backside with serifs. My new iPod has the same text sans-serifs.

The first flat-panel iMacs vs the later ones have the same changes.
  • Reply 185 of 192
    [quote]Originally posted by admactanium:

<strong>no, their product photos are not computer generated. i know this because i have had friends who have worked on their advertising account. i don't think the average person realizes how much time and effort goes into product photography. they can very easily make things look perfect and otherworldly (combined with retouching). that's why they use such good photographers. i once spent 9 hours overseeing a shoot for one shot of a hamburger. trust me, it's more meticulous and detail-oriented than you could believe would be reasonable.</strong><hr></blockquote>
  • Reply 186 of 192
    To end the discussion the picture is computer generated. Apple's Ad Agency (Chiat Day in LA) does not do product shots for PR distribution purposes, although some of their advertising shots have been used in the past. They are handled by a combination illustration and animation team. CD's are then distributed by this team to their various dealers, ad agencies (both international and domestic), PR agencies, along with product specs for ad sales sheets by Apple's MarCom department. It is a way for Apple to keep very strict control over advertising look and feel for the various ad, pr, direct and POS units.

i.e. The Keyboard is the same. Would have been easier to just site the product ID number from my own order 065-3929 which is the same as previous keyboards in Ti's.
  • Reply 187 of 192
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    in that picture the mute button is on f6 and is to the right of the "num lock" key

on the DVI PBs the mute button is on f3 and to the right of the "brighter" key

what about the Rev B and Rev A and Rev D keyboards?
  • Reply 188 of 192
    [quote]Originally posted by Paul:

<strong>in that picture the mute button is on f6 and is to the right of the "num lock" key

on the DVI PBs the mute button is on f3 and to the right of the "brighter" key

what about the Rev B and Rev A and Rev D keyboards?</strong><hr></blockquote>

The illustration was done for the original Powerbook Ti 400 & 500 Mhz.. Since I have one it was easy to check the picture against my 400Mhz. You are correct about the DVI Powerbooks... I guess they just redid the screen for OSX and did not catch the keyboard change. Hey they're illustrators, not tech geeks like us who have nothing better to do than to whine about translucent keys... speaking of which it would have been very nice to have backlit keyboards like the screen for typing when there is not enough ambient light... although the Kensignton flylight does the job well enough.
  • Reply 189 of 192
    Just wondering: does a new powerbook combo drive include burning software?

Can't seem to find it on apple's site.

Thanks
  • Reply 190 of 192
    newnew Posts: 3,244member
    burning software is built into the OS, the different applications, like itunes. and more advanced burning options can be done with the application "Disk Copy".

go for it!

[ 11-12-2002: Message edited by: New ]</p>
  • Reply 191 of 192
    [quote]Originally posted by Eugene:

<strong>

Of course not, but that just means Sony has a leg-up.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Why? I thought DVD+R/RW was not compatible with most DVD players which is why DVD-R/RW is a much better alternative. The last thing we need is another format war.
  • Reply 192 of 192
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    [quote]Originally posted by apple.otaku:

<strong>

Why? I thought DVD+R/RW was not compatible with most DVD players which is why DVD-R/RW is a much better alternative. The last thing we need is another format war.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I believe Sony's drive does ALL formats including -r/rw and +r/rw