College Football 2006

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
PSU-ND 0-20 at the half.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 48
    Don't worry Shawn, there's always the Chic-Fil-A bowl...

We'll take care of them on Nov. 25...
  • Reply 2 of 48
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    The Miami of Ohio at Purdue game was interesting: Ever hear 70000 people calling "bullshit" at the same time after a really bad ruling on an interception? that was fun

ND blew PSU out of the water...wow, the Purdue game went into OT, and NO tv at all, yet a friggen blow out gets on national TV...I will never understand how 5 ESPNs, 6 ESPN+/ESPN PPV channels, CSTV, Fox College Sports net*3, FSN, CSN and so on could all miss any game at any big caleber football school.
  • Reply 3 of 48
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by a_greer

The Miami of Ohio at Purdue game was interesting: Ever hear 70000 people calling "bullshit" at the same time after a really bad ruling on an interception? that was fun

ND blew PSU out of the water...wow, the Purdue game went into OT, and NO tv at all, yet a friggen blow out gets on national TV...I will never understand how 5 ESPNs, 6 ESPN+/ESPN PPV channels, CSTV, Fox College Sports net*3, FSN, CSN and so on could all miss any game at any big caleber football school.

Well you said it right there...Miami of Ohio vs. Purdue

When your best players are on your offensive line, you're bound not to get tv coverage...

I do like the sophmore kid Painter though, we'll see how he fares against his conference.
  • Reply 4 of 48
    After a nice victory over Miami on Monday, my Noles decided to spot Troy a 7pt lead with 8 minutes to go... at least we pulled it out. Gotta love college football.
  • Reply 5 of 48
    Quote:

Were you there? I was. That game was very entertaining, but plagued with mistakes from both teams. It was kind of painful to watch at times with the mistakes they were making. Like when the kickoff receiver ran out of bounds on Purdue's own three yard line. That was ridiculous.
  • Reply 6 of 48
    well we got totally hosed by some of the worst officiating i have ever witnessed. this was last years tech game all over again. what a bunch of asshats.

sooners 33

ducks 27

pac 10 refs 7
  • Reply 7 of 48
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by maimezvous

Were you there? I was. That game was very entertaining, but plagued with mistakes from both teams. It was kind of painful to watch at times with the mistakes they were making. Like when the kickoff receiver ran out of bounds on Purdue's own three yard line. That was ridiculous.

I was there for most of the first half (other plans came up) but that was the funniest game that I have ever seen...It looked like a benny hill or three stooges sketch for the most part...I just wish they would take the ads off the friggen goal post nets so those behind tha band could see the action...
  • Reply 8 of 48
    Quote:

I was there for most of the first half (other plans came up) but that was the funniest game that I have ever seen...It looked like a benny hill or three stooges sketch for the most part...I just wish they would take the ads off the friggen goal post nets so those behind tha band could see the action...

Yeah, that Allstate ad is annoying. This past week I sat right behind it, because of band day. Pretty good seats. Anway, what did you think of this weeks game? Personally way too close for my liking. I was under the impression that Purdue was a lot better than Ball State. They were a couple of years ago.
  • Reply 9 of 48
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by maimezvous

Yeah, that Allstate ad is annoying. This past week I sat right behind it, because of band day. Pretty good seats. Anway, what did you think of this weeks game? Personally way too close for my liking. I was under the impression that Purdue was a lot better than Ball State. They were a couple of years ago.

Didnt go, but I listened to the second half on the radio, sounded like a good game...

And untill the ads block the view from the John Purdue sections, (read $$$$$) they sadly will not be going anywhere...unless the national TV crews complain because it screws with feild goal shots.

Never thought I would see the day when ESPN could sparee us an ad, but here, they are really the only ones who could put a kibosh on the net adverts.

I guess my $4 hotdog and $3.50 20 oz soda just cant pay the mortgage on the new Ross-Aid...
  • Reply 10 of 48
    No kidding with the high prices on food. I felt raped after purchasing my lunch. They took all my money and I still wasn't full.
  • Reply 11 of 48
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by running with scissors

well we got totally hosed by some of the worst officiating i have ever witnessed. this was last years tech game all over again. what a bunch of asshats.

sooners 33

ducks 27

pac 10 refs 7

You weren't the only one who noticed. Those asshats just got suspended.
  • Reply 12 of 48
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    USC #3 is bullshit.
  • Reply 13 of 48
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ShawnJ

USC #3 is bullshit.

Don't be bitter...
  • Reply 14 of 48
    Quote:

USC #3 is bullshit.

Thus why the BCS is bullshit: the opinions of pundants who cant call half the friggen games right decide the bowl matchups...and people wonder why I am not a big college football fan...you cant follow it because the BCS is so frigged convoluted that no one really knows who is where till the few in the high and mighty ncaa penthouse get good and ready to enlighten the huddled masses...
  • Reply 15 of 48
    Ohio State 42, Michigan 39 is exactly why they should face each other again in the National Championship.

That game could have gone either way.
  • Reply 16 of 48
    Quote:

Ohio State 42, Michigan 39 is exactly why they should face each other again in the National Championship.

That game could have gone either way.

Are you serious? It could have - but it didn't. This was the chance to play in the national championship. Either team could have won - but only one did. Why should the loser get another chance? If Michigan deserved to play in the title game, they should have won.

What about Notre Dame? USC? or dare we say it - Rutgers? If USC wins against Cal, and Notre Dame beats USC next week, the only loss they would have is against Michigan early in the season. Why would they not have the right to play for the title?

It's stupid to think that if you lose a close game, and it puts you out of contention for the title, that you should get another chance.

By the way, I'd feel the same way about OSU if Michigan would have won.
  • Reply 17 of 48
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by OBJRA10

Are you serious? It could have - but it didn't. This was the chance to play in the national championship. Either team could have won - but only one did. Why should the loser get another chance? If Michigan deserved to play in the title game, they should have won.

What about Notre Dame? USC? or dare we say it - Rutgers? If USC wins against Cal, and Notre Dame beats USC next week, the only loss they would have is against Michigan early in the season. Why would they not have the right to play for the title?

It's stupid to think that if you lose a close game, and it puts you out of contention for the title, that you should get another chance.

By the way, I'd feel the same way about OSU if Michigan would have won.

Michigan beat Notre Dame.

If Michigan doesn't deserve a title shot, then Notre Dame certainly doesn't.

No Big East team should ever play for the title. (kidding, but seriously...)

And it's not just that Michigan lost a close game to Ohio State. Penn State kept it close with Ohio State but I don't think they deserve a shot. It's the fact that Michigan's only loss comes against the #1 team in the country. They're in better shape to play for the title than any other team. It'd be different if USC or one of the SEC teams actually went unbeaten. Michigan deserves a spot in the title game.

(P.S you used to teach at Michigan!! Where's the spirit?)
  • Reply 18 of 48
    Quote:

Michigan beat Notre Dame.

If Michigan doesn't deserve a title shot, then Notre Dame certainly doesn't.

No Big East team should ever play for the title. (kidding, but seriously...)

And it's not just that Michigan lost a close game to Ohio State. Penn State kept it close with Ohio State but I don't think they deserve a shot. It's the fact that Michigan's only loss comes against the #1 team in the country. They're in better shape to play for the title than any other team. It'd be different if USC or one of the SEC teams actually went unbeaten. Michigan deserves a spot in the title game.

(P.S you used to teach at Michigan!! Where's the spirit?)

Trust me, I'm not hating on Michigan, but all anyone is talking about is that "this was the championship game!" but oh wait - there should be a rematch....

Notre Dame isn't a Big East team, so that doesn't apply anyway, but if they beat USC - and USC holds on to beat Cal, which looks likely, then there only loss would be to Michigan early in the season. Since then they've won 9 straight.

I don't know... I just think that you get one shot.
  • Reply 19 of 48
    The problem with that is it excludes teams from the same conference from playing each other again in the title game-- even if the losing team seems like a stronger candidate for the second spot than another team. (although determining merit is pretty arbitrary without a playoff i think)
  • Reply 20 of 48
    And you said the magic word... when will we finally see a playoff? Probably never because it's really more about sponsorships and tv revenue than determining a national championship.

Trust me, I felt the same way about the whole same conference thing. Although it's not true that every team plays every other in the same conference. Big 10 is a great example , but of course, UofM and OSU will always play.

I just can't help but think that if you have your chance to beat the top team, and you lose, why should you get a second chance?

I don't know. There's still a pretty big chance that UofM will make it in anyway.

But what happens if they win the rematch? Who's the national champ then?