Test Your New Mac Pro (and others) with this

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 48
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lundy

Nope. It makes two completely separate code generations, so the settings for one do not affect the other.

EDIT: of course, in large programs, if one has no need for one platform or the other, one can make the binary a smaller file by choosing one platform instead of Universal. But this app only generates about a 4K universal binary anyway, so it's moot.

I gotcha. Thanks Johnny.
  • Reply 42 of 48
    MacBook 1.83GHz with 1GB of Ram

Quote:

66-50-11-19:~/Desktop RulerNella$ ./OSXAutoThreadMHP.pl -i 10000000

Automatic Processor Detection found 2 processor cores.

Playing 10000000 games across 2 cores...

Thread# 0 created.

Thread# 1 created.

Waiting for thread(s) to finish....

Grand totals for all threads:

Sticker has won 3332606 times

Switcher has won 6667394 times

Time elapsed for 10000000 solutions was 48.446411 seconds.

Not bad, if I do say so myself
  • Reply 43 of 48
    How's the noise level?

Wasn't this thread partially in response to questions on

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...t=65619&page=2 in response to the noise level?

If these new boxes are truly quiet, even when fully loaded, this would be truly cool!
  • Reply 44 of 48
    chewychewy Posts: 3member
    Pls, has anyone got anything to say about the noise level when you max out these machines?
  • Reply 45 of 48
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chewy

Pls, has anyone got anything to say about the noise level when you max out these machines?

My Mac Pro fans have never spun up under load. They are just as quiet at full load as they are at idle. They do spin up for a second when booting and did once during the firmware update but that was by design.

perfectly quiet and perfectly cool all the time. The loudest thing in the system is the DVD drive when it spins up to full bore. otherwise you can only hear the hard drives if you are in a silent room (no background noise at all).
  • Reply 46 of 48
    thanks!
  • Reply 47 of 48
    -=BUMP=-

I'm bumping this up because I want to see how the newer core 2 duo MacBook's and MacBook Pro do in this test, I'm hoping to see some very nice improvements over the core duo versions.

So if anyone has one of the Mac core 2 duo notebooks please post your scores
  • Reply 48 of 48
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    Good idea!