SUPER HUGE iphone for real??? french translation PLEASE!!!!!

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
I know I am a noob poster but there is a mysterious link on the engadget comments page to a french news paper??? any ideas, it looks like a solid prototype if not the final production phone... bigger screen, isight, touch sensitive screen... what is going on tonight???.... F yeah baby!!!!!!

http://www.igeneration.fr/dataimg/iphonelevrai.jpg

Comments

• Reply 1 of 24
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Courtesy of babelfish:

This morning, all those which recovered the edition of this 20 minutes day had any leisure to consult a special book APPLE expo. What does one find in the heart of this supplement? A photograph of what would be iPhone. The apparatus which takes again the design of the iPod, would integrate a hard disk of 20 Go. Fake or scoop? One leans for the first option, but never knows one...

20 minutes is a French news site (newspaper as well?): http://www.20minutes.fr/
  • Reply 2 of 24
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kickaha

Courtesy of babelfish:

This morning, all those which recovered the edition of this 20 minutes day had any leisure to consult a special book APPLE expo. What does one find in the heart of this supplement? A photograph of what would be iPhone. The apparatus which takes again the design of the iPod, would integrate a hard disk of 20 Go. Fake or scoop? One leans for the first option, but never knows one...

20 minutes is a French news site (newspaper as well?): http://www.20minutes.fr/

I meant on the actual pic that is linked on my post... what do you think? fake or is it too reasonable and well put together?

In bold red....Is this is french abbrv or GB or is it just a typo, 20gb in that package? is that possible or even plausible???
  • Reply 3 of 24
    Dunno. I still maintain that a numeric keypad is almost a waste on a modern phone, and a scroll wheel is simply more useful, but... *shrug* No clue on this one.

Pic text translation:

Blow of sending today of the APPLE living room, the Exhibition site of the Door of Versailles. The occasion to decouvrir the dernidre innovations of the enterprise has apple.

My translation from above: Apple enters your living room today, at the Exhibition Site of the Port of Versailles. This is the time to discover(?) the (?) innovations from Apple's enterprise.

BTW, babelfish.altavista.com is your friend.

It could be just a mock-up created by 20 minutes to draw your eye to the ad.
  • Reply 4 of 24
    Quote:

Dunno. I still maintain that a numeric keypad is almost a waste on a modern phone, and a scroll wheel is simply more useful, but... *shrug* No clue on this one.

Pic text translation:

Blow of sending today of the APPLE living room, the Exhibition site of the Door of Versailles. The occasion to decouvrir the dernidre innovations of the enterprise has apple.

My translation from above: Apple enters your living room today, at the Exhibition Site of the Port of Versailles. This is the time to discover(?) the (?) innovations from Apple's enterprise.

BTW, babelfish.altavista.com is your friend.

It could be just a mock-up created by 20 minutes to draw your eye to the ad.

I got the translation too, I can't understand it at all though. But keywords "living room" and "innovation and enterprise" are all exciting... And yes, Steve would put a keypad on the iphone, the amount of americans who can't type on a keyboard amazes me, just imagine having to relearn how to dial a phone... plus the ultra important growing text and pic message market. It looks really well thought out if it is a fake, thats the only deterrent to saying "FAKE" for me at least. If its real, I am buying one, no matter what, and that screen is taller than the nano, I show about 5 - 6 cm by 4.5 cm wide give or take, bringing the total height to 9-9.5 and 4.5-5cm wide, I couldn't figure depth, but that seems about right 3.5 in x 2 in its possible... by the way I see its about a split 1/2 screen 1/2 keypad... sounds good to me!
  • Reply 5 of 24
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gatesjon

Translations??????

What happens to me today? Am I blind? Where is the text to translate?
  • Reply 6 of 24
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PB

What happens to me today? Am I blind? Where is the text to translate?

Sorry I fixed that.. read the posts they have all translated info available...
  • Reply 7 of 24
    There's some blurry text on the pic, and you have to strip off the URL except for the host to get the rest. Or go digging on engadget.
  • Reply 8 of 24
    where's the speaker or the mic on that? wtf?
  • Reply 9 of 24
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:

There's some blurry text on the pic, and you have to strip off the URL except for the host to get the rest. Or go digging on engadget.

Oh, I see. What igeneration says is that they saw in 20minutes a photo of the alleged iPhone, which would be iPod shaped with a 20GB hard drive. On the other hand, in 20minutes I can only find the boring second hand comments on movies etc. No time now to digg engadget.
  • Reply 10 of 24
    jlljll Posts: 2,713member
    Quote:

I meant on the actual pic that is linked on my post... what do you think? fake or is it too reasonable and well put together?

In bold red....Is this is french abbrv or GB or is it just a typo, 20gb in that package? is that possible or even plausible???

Go = Gigaoctets = Gigabytes
  • Reply 11 of 24
    The speaker has to be embedded or you cant see the holes near the top, think MOVIES the speakers behind the screen, the mic could easily be behind the earbud on the right, which is a traditional place for cell phone mics. I cant figure out what the slot is on the sideview, I assume its a gsm sim card slot, its about 1-2 cms tall, and is placed easily for installment without opening the case... thoughts??? And thanks JLL for the clarification, it seemed obvious but it is almost 4 am here in Nebraska... I may buy the "swivel sweeper" off of this infomercial before the night is out though... which one, iphone or swivel sweeper???
  • Reply 12 of 24
    i dunno... could be, i guess. but who wants to press their face against that screen all the time just so they have to wipe it off and make it all scratched? i don't think you can fit a speaker behind that screen and have it output in that one centimeter space between the top of the screen and the top of the phone, but who knows...
  • Reply 13 of 24
    Image doesn't load anymore. EDIT: Got the picture loaded after several tries.

Quote:

My first thought was, "What possible interface could make a scroll wheel worth using on a phone?" Then I realized that phones were designed that way for like 100 years.

Quote:

The speaker has to be embedded or you cant see the holes near the top, think MOVIES the speakers behind the screen, the mic could easily be behind the earbud on the right, which is a traditional place for cell phone mics. I cant figure out what the slot is on the sideview, I assume its a gsm sim card slot, its about 1-2 cms tall, and is placed easily for installment without opening the case... thoughts???

If the phone is anything like the SE and Nokia candy bar phones, the mic is at the bottom of the phone. The slot is a SIM card slot, which means the phone is obviously GSM. Actually, it could also be a transflash (MicroSD) slot. They are about that size to.
  • Reply 14 of 24
    Bingo.

Not only that, but I, like I suspect most people, actually numerically dial a number about once out of every 20-25 calls. The rest are snagged out of the stored numbers... and scrolling through the list to find it is a pain. The scroll wheel on the iPod handles large lists beautifully. Make the common case easiest, and the numeric keypad starts to lose its appeal.

txtmsging is a whole other story, of course.
  • Reply 15 of 24
    If someone can give me a link to the original article I can translate it properly.
  • Reply 17 of 24
    All those who got hold of a copy of today's "20 minutes" this morning have had the pleasure of consulting a special Apple Expo pull-out. What do you find at the heart of this supplement? A photo of what could be the iPhone. The device, the design of which closely follows the iPod, will include a 20Gb hard disk drive. Fake or a real scoop? One would assume the former, but you never know...
  • Reply 18 of 24
    I don't think they'll put a harddisk in their phone... they could easly offer a 8GB Flash-Version which had a better battery life and no risk of a hd-crash.

The phone also looks very unergonomically, they shouldn't use the ipod form factor for something you hold on your ear, it's too thin for that (hated the v3).
  • Reply 19 of 24
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NORTHERNLiGHTS

I don't think they'll put a harddisk in their phone... they could easly offer a 8GB Flash-Version which had a better battery life and no risk of a hd-crash.

The phone also looks very unergonomically, they shouldn't use the ipod form factor for something you hold on your ear, it's too thin for that (hated the v3).

Loads of people love the v3 though, for a phone with fewer features than most of its similarly priced competitors, it sold amazingly.
  • Reply 20 of 24
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by b3ns0n

Loads of people love the v3 though, for a phone with fewer features than most of its similarly priced competitors, it sold amazingly.

Yeah it sold very good but nearly all owners (I know) agree that it's uncomfortable to use...