The best, and most Apple-like realistic iPhone mock-up i've seen.

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
If it weren't for the fact this would get scratched to ship <(i know) I'd buy it if Apple came out with something like this. It's probably the only practical looking (from a physical point of view, i.e. useable) iPhone mock-up I think i've seen. It's so gorgeous that I think it deserves it's own thread.

What do you think of it?

I love the fact that the centre button inside the Click Wheel is bulbous, very practical for using when you're not looking,

cause you could find it with your hand, and press it or scroll your finger around it on the Click Wheel. Using one

hand very comfortably and easily, the teens and adults alike would appreciate that feature amounts others.

See if you can beat this mock-up and find something better looking, but it must be able to send texts for example.

I LOVE the placing of the Sim-Card-Slot, do you see it?

---------------------------------

Shot of the mock-up on French magazine: (that's right, it says 20GB on the back)

(even though it would be a scratch demon, it would still sell like hot cakes)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    I like it! I just wonder if Apple would place the camera on the front to use for chats, etc. (if they ever release one, that is!)
  • Reply 2 of 7
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    Best mockup yet. It looks like Apple here would be using some cool new screen/speaker technology yet to be patented
  • Reply 3 of 7
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Outsider

Best mockup yet. It looks like Apple here would be using some cool new screen/speaker technology yet to be patented

I don't see a speaker on the front of the iMac, and that works well.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    I really like the way this phone looks. The only problem is I'm so used to txt'ing with a keyboard now I don't know if I would be able to have a phone without one. The LG vx9800 is by far my favorite phone I've had so far. I hope apple puts a keyboard on there phone...then it would have me, I just cant imagine hitting 2 three times for a "c" anymore lol..I would loose my mind
  • Reply 5 of 7
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Digital Disasta

I really like the way this phone looks. The only problem is I'm so used to txt'ing with a keyboard now I don't know if I would be able to have a phone without one. The LG vx9800 is by far my favorite phone I've had so far. I hope apple puts a keyboard on there phone...then it would have me, I just cant imagine hitting 2 three times for a "c" anymore lol..I would loose my mind

There is many more people living in Europe than in the States, and smart phones are basically non-existent here.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    banchobancho Posts: 1,517member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland

I don't see a speaker on the front of the iMac, and that works well.

That's because the iMac speakers are intended to reflect sound off your work surface. Likewise, the MacBook/MacBook Pro speakers reflect sound off the display. This setup works well for those products because they have a somewhat known, reliable surface to work with in order to produce proper sound.

Looking at my current phone, I'm a little skeptical about that particular mockup. but it's Apple and pretty much anything is possible . I do like the looks of that one much better than most of the other designs (the impossibly articulating monster comes to mind).
  • Reply 7 of 7
    COOL....

has anybody thought... that we need a skype cell phone? i hope when the Iphone comes out it has skype capability,I DO NOT HAVE OR USE A CELL PHONE,Because of the damn high costs of calls... so that would be a huge thing! thoughts?