Its Showtime - The iTunes Store is being updated

Comments

• Reply 41 of 62
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bergermeister

Two hours to go and the Apple Store is down... not just movies!!!!

New iPod for the movies! New iPod Tablet!

God how I wish the event were not at 2:00am our time... maybe I should take tomorrow off...

Apple events should be international holidays

The US Apple online store is still up.
  • Reply 42 of 62
    I found this playing with the dates in the Quicktime streams of apple events.

http://events.apple.com.edgesuite.ne...ent/index.html

When I played it 20 min ago it loaded halfway into the WWDC 2006 keynote with an audio test note. The annoying high pitched note you sometimes hear. Now it is not working. This leads me to believe they are ready for the simulcast and may actually brodcast Live.
  • Reply 43 of 62
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CosmoNut

Bergermeister, in a way I envy you. I'd prefer to wake up and the updates and announcements be over and online. This waiting until noon (central time) sucks.

It's even worse on the east coast. I'm not trying to 1up you or anything, but 1pm is late! Why can't Steve get up earlier...?
  • Reply 44 of 62
    meelashmeelash Posts: 1,045member
    Now we're back with the "Showtime" banner. Another good theory bites the dust. \
  • Reply 45 of 62
    The store is still down, hopefully the MBP update is coming along with some iPod update!!...Damn I CANT WAIT ANYMORE!!! lol
  • Reply 46 of 62
    Why do they always say they'll be back "within the hour"? They never are! It'll be two hours before we see the store back again.
  • Reply 47 of 62
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 05elstonc

I found this playing with the dates in the Quicktime streams of apple events.

http://events.apple.com.edgesuite.ne...ent/index.html

When I played it 20 min ago it loaded halfway into the WWDC 2006 keynote with an audio test note. The annoying high pitched note you sometimes hear. Now it is not working. This leads me to believe they are ready for the simulcast and may actually brodcast Live.

Good catch! Funny they don't have anything about it on their pages. (Hot News or the Front Page).
  • Reply 48 of 62
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by WhetWurm

I'm not trying to 1up you or anything, but 1pm is late!

Whatever, you 1up-er.
  • Reply 49 of 62
    Quote:

Apple Special Event

It's Showtime

Watch Apple CEO Steve Jobs deliver a special announcement from the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts Theater in San Francisco. See the video-on-demand event right here exclusively in QuickTime and MPEG-4.

That's almost interesting. VOD ???
  • Reply 50 of 62
    Doubt it'll be live...

Probably just trying to speed the delayed videocast prep time up! Which rocks!
  • Reply 51 of 62
    My apple store page says "we'll be back soon"...Where is everyone getting the hour thing from?
  • Reply 52 of 62
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Digital Disasta

My apple store page says "we'll be back soon"...Where is everyone getting the hour thing from?

"We'll be back soon. We are busy updating the store for you and will be back within the hour."
  • Reply 53 of 62
    Ok well, I can admit when I'm wrong, and...I was definitly wrong lol
  • Reply 54 of 62
    One hour folks...
  • Reply 55 of 62
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ThinkDifferent

One hour folks...

Is it too late to go to church and pray for a MBP update?
  • Reply 56 of 62
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by WhetWurm

Is it too late to go to church and pray for a MBP update?

The Lord will hear your prayers even if you're not at church.
  • Reply 57 of 62
    That special event video on the apple site, will that start streaming when it starts or what?

Should I just keep it open? and wait!?!!

Charlie - I'm excited.
  • Reply 58 of 62
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chazzer3

That special event video on the apple site, will that start streaming when it starts or what?

Should I just keep it open? and wait!?!!

Charlie - I'm excited.

As ThinkDifferent says, probably not. That's not to say I won't be hitting play over and over again in about a half hour...
  • Reply 59 of 62
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chazzer3

Where is that video to be found on the Apple site, exactly?

Edit: Nevermind, just saw the AI article containing the link.
  • Reply 60 of 62
    lol, thanks for the reply!

Charlie -