No computer changes?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
am i correct that there were only music updates at the special event?

what happened with all the talk of changes to MBP and possible MB?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 16
    i couldnt find any...that's BS...they made this huge thing about a 8 gig nano...Are you serious??!!...I'm pissed
  • Reply 2 of 16
    vineavinea Posts: 5,585member
    No they made this big thing about iTV. Which is cool but I hope the next gen Mini gets the same ports out the back.
  • Reply 3 of 16
    Great, but its still 6 months away!

Disappointed
  • Reply 4 of 16
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by vinea

No they made this big thing about iTV. Which is cool but I hope the next gen Mini gets the same ports out the back.

I'm with you, though it seems like it was designed to be modular. As far as computer bumps, etc. -- this was obviously going to be an iPod, video push (hence the name Showtime, rather than Mactime) -- also, they just released the iMacs the other day. The MBP's'll come in their own good time. Seems the Steve is taking things in small bites now that he has so much to play with, and I don't blame him. Any real "thuds" at this time could be used against him.
  • Reply 5 of 16
    vineavinea Posts: 5,585member
    Eh, I'd be surprised if it didn't get launched earlier than 6 months from now. I guess it also means a Mini update is less likely until after the iTV launches...
  • Reply 6 of 16
    I bet it will launch at Mac world SF
  • Reply 7 of 16

I aleast wanted a iPhone
  • Reply 8 of 16
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 132GHz,4TB DDR8 SDRAM,95TB HDD

I aleast wanted a iPhone

That thing must be reaching the coveted "vaporware" status by now... I too wanted one, but it wasn't meant to be. Not with a them like "It's Showtime."
  • Reply 9 of 16
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,324moderator
    I wasn't expecting computer changes because it was a media event and they already updated some machines. This shows quite clearly that Apple don't need an event in order to update their product lineup, which is good.

I was however expecting more than what they offered. The new Nano looks great but the rest of the ipods were nothing special. At the least, I was expecting a widescreen movie ipod with a virtual clickwheel. The current video ipod screen isn't all that great for looking at video.

The itunes movie store is good news. If only we were all as good people as Americans to deserve it. But sadly for some, because we're not good enough, we'll have to wait 6 months .

So all in all, the big showtime event was a complete waste of time. No iphone, no tablet.

iTV may be a possible exception if it has hard drive recording, itunes integration and wireless sharing of internet for trailers. Because if you can get all that for about £150-200 in the form factor of a Mac Mini with DVD burning or at least transfer then I'll probably get one. My Panasonic has been acting up. Nonetheless, it'll be 2007 before it's available so nothing to bother about now.
  • Reply 10 of 16
    rageousrageous Posts: 2,170member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by WhetWurm

That thing must be reaching the coveted "vaporware" status by now... I too wanted one, but it wasn't meant to be. Not with a them like "It's Showtime."

Vaporware implies they said they'd be releasing one, which they never did.
  • Reply 11 of 16
    eckingecking Posts: 1,588member
    I don't remember who here christened the term but they were perfect in calling it:

Steamvaporware.
  • Reply 12 of 16
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rageous

Vaporware implies they said they'd be releasing one, which they never did.

Touche. Can something be vaporware via public assumption?

"Common sense isn't so common." - Voltaire
  • Reply 13 of 16
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin

So all in all, the big showtime event was a complete waste of time. No iphone, no tablet.

Oh boo hoo, cry me a river, they didn't release a product that a bunch of rumor sites mentioned

And btw if you actually read the rumors the tablet "might" be introduced at Mac World and the iPhone was (if rumors are to be believed) 4 to 6 months away....

You know at first all of this was annoying now its just plain stupid! Adults crying because products that don't officially exist aren't released!!

[Fan Boy]wahhhhh Apple didn't release the flying car that MOSR promised and they didn't release the new quad core toaster wahhhhh, Apples events are stupid, wahhhhhhh Apple suxors[/Fan Boy]

I think got it right...
  • Reply 14 of 16
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Darth_Apple

Oh boo hoo, cry me a river, they didn't release a product that a bunch of rumor sites mentioned

And btw if you actually read the rumors the tablet "might" be introduced at Mac World and the iPhone was (if rumors are to be believed) 4 to 6 months away....

You know at first all of this was annoying now its just plain stupid! Adults crying because products that don't officially exist aren't released!!

[Fan Boy]wahhhhh Apple didn't release the flying car that MOSR promised and they didn't release the new quad core toaster wahhhhh, Apples events are stupid, wahhhhhhh Apple suxors[/Fan Boy]

I think got it right...

Well said. Am I the only person actually impressed with the announcement today? The new features added to iTunes are quite impressive and the small additions to the iPod are great (battery life/search feature). This was a media event from the get go and I expected no hardware, other then the posibility of the video streaming device which SJ did preview. That thing is going to be pretty increadable once it is released. All in all it was a pretty great day for Apple. As for the updated MBPs, the Tablet, the iPhone and the G5 PowerMac... they'll come out when they come out if they come out, but they wont come out at a media centered event.
  • Reply 15 of 16
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jdcfsu

Well said. Am I the only person actually impressed with the announcement today? The new features added to iTunes are quite impressive and the small additions to the iPod are great (battery life/search feature). This was a media event from the get go and I expected no hardware, other then the posibility of the video streaming device which SJ did preview. That thing is going to be pretty increadable once it is released. All in all it was a pretty great day for Apple. As for the updated MBPs, the Tablet, the iPhone and the G5 PowerMac... they'll come out when they come out if they come out, but they wont come out at a media centered event.

I, too, was pretty impressed with everything--in particular the iPod shuffle, although improvements in the nano and the regular iPod were nothing to sneeze at. I was also really happy that they updated iTunes, in particular its iPod management system. Some not-so-technologically-inclined friends of mine have had difficulty using the Preferences pane, and this looks a lot simpler (though I haven't had time to play around with it yet). It'll be interesting to see how the iTV play works--my bet is that it'll generate quite a bit of buzz between now and the time it's released.
  • Reply 16 of 16
    gargar Posts: 1,201member
    Nope, more than I expected.

And the best part of the show was Steve saying: "We see you all soon... "