Apple introduces iTunes 7, previews iTV device

Comments

• Reply 41 of 144
    wilcowilco Posts: 985member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mbaynham

yer i dnt like da blue icon, i dnt like da album cover/movie thingy, i dnt like it. is there gunna ba an ipod update den?

Are you retarded?
  • Reply 42 of 144
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr. H

Oh yeah. Often, I can't see stuff that's right in front of my face. I did look in the menus, but didn't see it. I'm pretty sure the search bar has gone though.

yer i have same problem, but then i look lol. i think the search bar u were on about has gone as there are dedicated menu's for movies nd that. i didnt realy use it, but not that many people i know use the browse thingy that pops down.
  • Reply 43 of 144
    just found a GREAT new addition. At least, I'm pretty sure this is new, if it was in version 6 I'll kick myself!

All songs have "Album Artist" and "Artist" fields. So that way you can have additional artists that are in the song listed as well, without it separating the album into multiple artists when you sort by album. Now, to get to work cleaning up my albums!
  • Reply 44 of 144
    screedscreed Posts: 1,077member
    And yet still no field for conductor for classical tracks. Sad.

Still downloading...

Now there is a separate screen for downloads and the ability to pause one or all. Nice.
  • Reply 45 of 144
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wilco

Are you retarded?

um, not the last time i look, why, you looking for someone like yourself so you dont stand out?
  • Reply 46 of 144
    Quote:

um, not the last time i look, why, you looking for someone like yourself so you dont stand out?

when you say "dnt" instead of "don't" and "da" instead of "the" it makes your posts very hard to read.
  • Reply 47 of 144
    Anyone know how to play from your iPod in this new version?

I'm at my parents house and they don't have all the songs I do, and I used to be able to browse around in my iPod music, But now that doesn't seem to be possible, what's up with that?

Anyone know where I can DL the old iTunes?

And 640x480 that's pretty low res, but it could also be because all computers can't play 1080p, for example this iMac that's 1 year old (g5 2ghz) can't even play h.264 in 1080p at full framerate.
  • Reply 48 of 144
    19841984 Posts: 955member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bdj21ya

But 640x480 is obviously not widescreen. Do they cut down on the height dimension or offer 720 on the width dimension?

That's my point. They could have given us 720x480 widescreen but instead we get 640x480 full screen letterboxed. I wonder what the real resolution is when taking the black bars into account? How does this compare to Amazon's new service? There has to be some incentive to buy one of these as opposed to a DVD that cost virtually the same. So far I don't see any.

This whole movie business seems like it is not ready for prime time. The sneak preview of the iTV was a dead giveaway. Why would I want to watch a movie on a tiny iPod screen? There is no widescreen iPod yet. I can't watch it on the television as the iTV will not be out for another 6 months. No studios are on board except those owned by Disney. They really should have waited until all the pieces fit.
  • Reply 49 of 144
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DeaPeaJay

when you say "dnt" instead of "don't" and "da" instead of "the" it makes your posts very hard to read.

yeh it gets comfusing when im on msn/aim where i type like that, then ive got to type long hand when im on here. sorry......
  • Reply 50 of 144
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:

You can stand out by saying something interesting. Leave it readable. This isn't IM.
  • Reply 51 of 144
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 1984

That's my point. They could have given us 720x480 widescreen but instead we get 640x480 full screen letterboxed. I wonder what the real resolution is when taking the black bars into account? How does this compare to Amazon's new service? There has to be some incentive to buy one of these as opposed to a DVD that cost virtually the same. So far I don't see any.

This whole movie business seems like it is not ready for prime time. The sneak preview of the iTV was a dead giveaway. Why would I want to watch a movie on a tiny iPod screen? There is no widescreen iPod yet. I can't watch it on the television as the iTV will not be out for another 6 months. No studios are on board except those owned by Disney. They really should have waited until all the pieces fit.

Right now, there is a problem with 720x480.

Apple shows this on both direct view for compurers, and also for Tv's.

DVD 720 is using vertical pixels for display on Tv. But, without the hardware, it won't display properly on many computers. DVD 720 fits within the 640 Tv space. 640 uses square pixels wich work for computers without screwing around with the file.
  • Reply 52 of 144
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross

You can stand out by saying something interesting. Leave it readable. This isn't IM.

oh yeh can someone explain things like IMHO and IMO because i realy have no clue whats going on when people are talking and using those expressions. that would realy help
  • Reply 53 of 144
    screedscreed Posts: 1,077member
    Okay done.

Gross Pointe Blank

Duration: 1:47:25

File Size: 1.12GB

Download time: 21 minutes (corporate network)

Format: widescreen (CONFIRMED!) no black bars

Resolution: 640x344 (ugh!)

Notes:

1) Also plays in Quicktime player (assuming computer is authorized)

2) Chapters with thumbnails option in QT and iTunes

You're welcome.
  • Reply 54 of 144
    Quote:

oh yeh can someone explain things like IMHO and IMO because i realy have no clue whats going on when people are talking and using those expressions. that would realy help

It's easy to find that type of thing.

http://www.learnthenet.com/English/glossary/imho.htm
  • Reply 55 of 144
    Quote:

It's easy to find that type of thing.

http://www.learnthenet.com/English/glossary/imho.htm
  • Reply 56 of 144
    mr. hmr. h Posts: 4,870member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sCreeD

Okay done.

Gross Pointe Blank

File Size: 1.12GB

Download time: 21 minutes (corporate network)

Format: widescreen (CONFIRMED!) no black bars

Resolution: 640x344 (ugh!)

Notes: Also plays in Quicktime player (assuming computer is authorized)

You're welcome.

Wooooooo hoooooooo 1000th post!

Thanks sCreeD. Glad to hear it's not letterboxed, or even worse, full 4:3. I can live with that resolution, I'm much less disappointed in Apple now.

What do you think of the encoding quality?
  • Reply 57 of 144
    I'm not all that interested in shelling out $299 for a set-top box unless it does quite a bit more than my $10-a-month Comcast box. The Comcast box gives me free on-demand movies, a lot of recent movies for $4 each, some HD titles (and that will improve), and a DVR that holds as much as I need for it to.

With music, Apple has a great thing with 99-cent singles and albums cheaper than at Best Buy. TV shows are great for trying something out, grabbing a few titles for a trip or catching up on a missed episode. Movies will be great for trips, commutes, etc., but I'm not sure why I need an iTV.
  • Reply 58 of 144
    eckingecking Posts: 1,588member
    Wtf does iTV even look like?
  • Reply 59 of 144
    Well, I personally think the Get Album Artwork function is a breath of fresh air for quick retrieval of high-quality artwork of non-iTMS music files. They almost have it right, as in 80% of albums of my playlist (test of 20 ranging from 80s to present day) were successfully tagged. However, for those it cannot "find" they remain blank (even though going through iTMS, the album artwork needed is present). Wish there was a way to manually point iTunes to the correct artwork within the iTMS.
  • Reply 60 of 144
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    IMO = In My Opinion

IMHO = In My Humble Opinion

There.