Anybody Bought New Nano/iPod?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Ive just ordered a 4Gb silver nano. Should be here by friday too according to shipping date!

May have to buy one of those cute looking shuffles when they come out too!

Anybody else ordered one of the new iPods?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    sc_marktsc_markt Posts: 1,401member
    Just ordered one for my son's birtday. Silver 2GB nano.

I'm glad it has the metal skin. I just hope that the screen is a little more scratch proof than the past model although I have a set of LCD covers that I will put to protect the screen.

- Mark
  • Reply 2 of 9
    I've got a 8GB coming on Friday. Really pumped - I love the form factor of my current nano, but 4GB simply isn't enough.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    the new shuffle is looking attractive as a second ipod. i had a 1st gen shuffle but i accidentally left it in my pants pocket and it got machinewashed.

i also thought of buying an ipod nano for my gf, cause she's always wanted one. i dont think i should hold my breath for the hello kitty version tho.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    I thought the new iPods (nano/video) would be in the Apple Stores today. I called one that is local to my house, and they said later this week, maybe next before they will come in. I'm planning on getting a Macbook as well (potential switcher), so I would love to get both together. Looks like I'll have to wait a little longer before I get both items.

Edit: One other thing... will current 60GB iPod video cases work with the new 80GB cases as well? I don't see it likely for 3rd party companies to develop a new case if both the 60/80GB might be around the same size -- if they are of course.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    eckingecking Posts: 1,588member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by crea78

Edit: One other thing... will current 60GB iPod video cases work with the new 80GB cases as well? I don't see it likely for 3rd party companies to develop a new case if both the 60/80GB might be around the same size -- if they are of course.

Good question. Compare the dimesions off the site i guess. I think they probably are the same size thou because of the way that technology has progressed 80 shouldn't take up more space.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    Ok, I just compared the dimensions on the 60GB version from Amazon.com (4.1 x 2.4 x 0.6 inches) to the updated version (4.1 x 2.4 x 0.43). Everything is the same except the depth, so 60GB cases should technically work with the updated model.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by crea78

Ok, I just compared the dimensions on the 60GB version from Amazon.com (4.1 x 2.4 x 0.6 inches) to the updated version (4.1 x 2.4 x 0.43). Everything is the same except the depth, so 60GB cases should technically work with the updated model.

Check Apple's leather cases. Note that what used to be the case for the 60GB is now listed as the case for the 60GB and 80GB model. (Same is true for the dock adaptors.)

I ordered an 80GB yesterday through the online ADC Apple Store. (Yes, developers get a $30 discount on the 80GB model.) The initial shipping estimate was by the 15th. As of this morning, I can no longer cancel the order which implies it's going to ship sooner than that. (At least, I hope that's what it means...)
  • Reply 8 of 9
    I just placed my order with Apple by calling them via phone. The salesperson quoted that many people are placing orders for the new revisions, and that by ordering over the phone, those people will have a higher priority than those who purchased online.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    As an aside, I visited Niketown & Nike Women's stores yesterday, and each register person said the Nike+iPod was really selling well. Just adding that to the iPod madness.