Problem with new iTunes??

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I'm at work so I'm installing the new iTunes for Windows. After all is done, I get the following error:

QuickTime version 7.0d0 is installed, iTunes requires QuickTime version 7.1.3 or later. Please reinstall iTunes.

I re-ran the installer and chose Repair, but same results. Anyone else getting this on the Windows version?

-DJ

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    Upgrade QuickTime. Is yours up-to-date?
  • Reply 2 of 8
    kukukuku Posts: 254member
    The new itunes is a bit buggy, so I suggest backup somehow, like your playlist artwork, etc.

I updated mine on macosx 10.4.7 from 6.0.5 (already the majority) and guess what.

All my music refused to play.

So I completely uninstall it with settings and everything(backup up the important annoying tasks like album list etc)

reinstall it fresh, and it works.

Something with the settings or something(haven't really isolated yet). So becareful.

The new album thing (well not so new it was a 3rd party thing) is snazzy and eye candy is great to get new life out of your song libarary.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dac0nvu

I'm at work so I'm installing the new iTunes for Windows. After all is done, I get the following error:

QuickTime version 7.0d0 is installed, iTunes requires QuickTime version 7.1.3 or later. Please reinstall iTunes.

I re-ran the installer and chose Repair, but same results. Anyone else getting this on the Windows version?

-DJ

Did you restart your computer? The old version of QuickTime will still be loaded into the Windows OS until you reboot, where then the new version will then replace it.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    Don't remember where, but someone identified some mod that interferes with iTunes 7. If you've changed something, could be it?
  • Reply 5 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by richieg261

Did you restart your computer? The old version of QuickTime will still be loaded into the Windows OS until you reboot, where then the new version will then replace it.

Yes, I restarted it. (It told me to.) Anyway, doesn't every iTunes update come with the proper QuickTime? I can't remember offhand, but I swear, the first thing in the lengthy install process is installing QuickTime. It's like Apple forgot to do that this time. Whatever, I'll install QT separately when I get back in the office tomorrow. Doing the install on my Mac now. Wish me luck! \
  • Reply 6 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kuku

The new itunes is a bit buggy, so I suggest backup somehow, like your playlist artwork, etc.

I updated mine on macosx 10.4.7 from 6.0.5 (already the majority) and guess what.

All my music refused to play.

So I completely uninstall it with settings and everything(backup up the important annoying tasks like album list etc)

reinstall it fresh, and it works.

Something with the settings or something(haven't really isolated yet). So becareful.

The new album thing (well not so new it was a 3rd party thing) is snazzy and eye candy is great to get new life out of your song libarary.

Yeah ... I hit Software Upgrade and have the same thing as you ... no playback on any song in my library. The videos, tv shows and movies played fine, I figured okay maybe I'll hang out and wait while it does the gapless playback thing on all 23,000 tracks and THEN it'll play ... something.

No go. Nothing works.

You don't need to throw out any prefs or do anything nuts to get it to GO. What worked for me was simply downloading the entire iTunes 7 mpkg and doing a fresh install.

The clean install differs from the upgrade, in that it unloads various enhacement bundles that are present.

Long story short: neither VolumeLogic nor OSS 3D work anymore. Which is kinda a bummer, and hopefully will be fixed, 'cuz despite the neato new eye candy and cool m0dz to iTunes ... the stock sound is ass, compared to either VL or OSS sound enhacement. I'd forgotten how awful music can sound without 'em, since I've been using VolumeLogic since back in 2002 or so. Blah, bummer.

Apple's "Sound Enhancer" is a joke. They should rip off, erm, PURCHASE either VL or OSS, either one is light years beyond the current iTunes handling of cross-platform, multi-media convergent bl1Ss!@# uh, I meant to say: PLAYING MY GODDAMN TuneZ.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    kukukuku Posts: 254member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RichardH

Yeah ... I hit Software Upgrade and have the same thing as you ... no playback on any song in my library. The videos, tv shows and movies played fine, I figured okay maybe I'll hang out and wait while it does the gapless playback thing on all 23,000 tracks and THEN it'll play ... something.

No go. Nothing works.

You don't need to throw out any prefs or do anything nuts to get it to GO. What worked for me was simply downloading the entire iTunes 7 mpkg and doing a fresh install.

The clean install differs from the upgrade, in that it unloads various enhacement bundles that are present.

Long story short: neither VolumeLogic nor OSS 3D work anymore. Which is kinda a bummer, and hopefully will be fixed, 'cuz despite the neato new eye candy and cool m0dz to iTunes ... the stock sound is ass, compared to either VL or OSS sound enhacement. I'd forgotten how awful music can sound without 'em, since I've been using VolumeLogic since back in 2002 or so. Blah, bummer.

Apple's "Sound Enhancer" is a joke. They should rip off, erm, PURCHASE either VL or OSS, either one is light years beyond the current iTunes handling of cross-platform, multi-media convergent bl1Ss!@# uh, I meant to say: PLAYING MY GODDAMN TuneZ.

Not exactly, you can't get fresh uninstall until you remove the reciepts.

I didn't really pound out the troubleshoot issue, but there's something a bit buggy. Though iTunes7 is radically different from 6 and 5, as there is also a lot of under-the-hood stuff. Incorporating ipod is one of them(gapless play), etc.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    Right after I downloaded iTunes 7 & rebooted my computer, a few songs seemed to be a bit distorted and the ITMS would crash. Thus far, everything has been working great and the new version seems to be a welcome improvement over the previous version.