Love

Mini-Store to the back shelf!

New iTunes UI (Includding New Views)

Album Art Finder

Music Backup

Movies being Available

Gapless Playback

iPod Games

iPod Nano Ad (Not ness so much the new nano -- the old one was pretty tight)

New iPod Nano Durability

New iPod Nano Thickness

New iPod Shuffle Size (The Shuffle was never meant to be anything other than an exercise MP3 player for those who own videos)

iTV potential for awesomeness

EDIT: I REALLY LOVE THE NEW IPOD INTERFACE. WOW!!

Hate

New iTunes Logo (At least now with the other iLife logos different)

Movies being 640x480 (ok, it's not TERRIBLE)

No iTV now.

No DVR options in iTV

Black Nano is only available in 8GB.

2 GB Nano is only available in silver.

Not sure I like the iPod Nano in Mini Style.

I just bought a MacPro today. And a Cinema Display. I hope a new cinema display does not come out w/ IR and iSight soon.

I just bought Aperture with that MacPro. I hope a new version of Aperture does not come out at Photokina 2006.
  • Reply 102 of 144
    I'm waiting to receive my new iMac for upgrade to iTunes 7, but I would really like to know now...does this version support transcoding Apple Lossless files to AAC for the iPod (a la Shuffle) for all iPods (or at least the new ones)?

This is my #1 want.
  • Reply 103 of 144
    Coverflow broken on my Windows iTunes 7.0.0.70 (image)

• Reply 104 of 144
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sthiede

I love how iTunes is so UGLY now, i hope this isnt a forshadow for leopard...

It is the new look and feel "sand-blasted-metal-dark-burnt-grey" that WILL be in Leopard
  • Reply 105 of 144
    The new iTunes backup option should allow backing up to a peripheral or network drive. I hate having to burn disks anymore.

Overall, though, I love the new iTunes and all the announcements today!
  • Reply 106 of 144
    Has anyone else noticed that you ma no longer control the volume with the up and down arrow keys within the mini player?

This is very annoying considering my primary method of controlling iTunes is the arrow keys. Needless to say, I'm pissed
  • Reply 107 of 144
    WORST CHANGE EVER:

They removed apple-1 as a shortcut to open/close the itunes window. As of now, I can't find a replacement.

HORRIBLE! (at least until spaces arrives in Leopard)
  • Reply 108 of 144
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Plague Bearer

Has anyone else noticed that you ma no longer control the volume with the up and down arrow keys within the mini player?

This is very annoying considering my primary method of controlling iTunes is the arrow keys. Needless to say, I'm pissed

WTF?? You can used the side to side arrow keys for iTunes mini player!!
  • Reply 109 of 144
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by icfireball

WTF?? You can used the side to side arrow keys for iTunes mini player!!

yup, but now just use command- arrow keys, works fine.
  • Reply 110 of 144
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Buck

I think they're just playing with UI ideas for Leopard, so possibly that's how Leopard will look like. Or maybe not. Is it possible anyway to skin your App any way you like it in Xcode including scrollbars?

My thinking is that as MS has co-opted the Aqua look for themselves, in an overstated way, Apple will want to move the look away from it so as to make it look outdated already.

Apple has been refining the Aqua look ever since it first came out. This might be time to make a bolder move.
  • Reply 111 of 144
    YUP, this happened to me also on my XP box at work (ugh) but a refresh on the movies site cleared it all up.

I was looking on the US site as the Aus site doesn't have the movies link.

Can't wait to get home and upgrade my 20 inch Imac g5 to see what all the fuss is about with the new look.

I like how it looks on the PC as it is distinctly different than ugly XP apps, also like the software update mechanism that was also installed at the same time on the PC

Does anyone know if coverflow on the mac will still work as a standalone app?

Hate having to use a PC at work

Bikerdude
  • Reply 112 of 144
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by alexius

WORST CHANGE EVER:

They removed apple-1 as a shortcut to open/close the itunes window. As of now, I can't find a replacement.

HORRIBLE! (at least until spaces arrives in Leopard)

Ok. Please calm down.

Your options:

1) Click the red x button. When you click on the iTunes icon in the dock, iTunes window will re-appear. Clickcing the red x does not quit iTunes or stop the music.

2) Apple+H hides any application. The windows are preserved as is, just hidden. When you reactive the Application (i.e. by dock or Apple+Tab), the windows are now visible. Another noteworthy thing is that when hiding applications, they are NOT minimized, thus do not appear in the dock (saves space in dock). Some applications (very few but some), namely photoshop, has Apple+H already taken as a keyboard shortcut. To hide photoshop (or any app), click and hold on the App's dock icon until the menu pops open. Select hide.

3) Press green maximize button so iTunes turns into mini player. In iTunes preference you can get mini player to stick to the front. By default it floats in standard order of Apps/Windows.
  • Reply 113 of 144
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by demenas

You do realize that most new TV shows are in High Definition? So to me it's not really "GREAT" for TV Shows that I normally watch in higher resolution than DVD.

Steve

It doesn't matter how they are produced. Very few people can watch them in hi def.

Movies are about 2k x 5k, but since when do we get them in that format? They are, at best 720 x 480. widescreen would be 720 x 325.
  • Reply 114 of 144
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross

My thinking is that as MS has co-opted the Aqua look for themselves, in an overstated way, Apple will want to move the look away from it so as to make it look outdated already.

Apple has been refining the Aqua look ever since it first came out. This might be time to make a bolder move.

I think that is why it looks so different on xp, so as to make it stand out as apple software
  • Reply 115 of 144
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wnurse

yeah, ok.. like your system can reproduce the music the way the artist made it on their million dollar system.. yeah, sure.

Really good home equipment today can be better than studio equipment, because they are not listening over the best speakers.

Monitor speakers are designed to reproduce the midrange peaked, so that they can hear flaws. The listening rooms use pretty good, but not the best equipment, so that they will get an idea as to how it sounds on a very good, but not the best systems. It's always been done that way.
  • Reply 116 of 144
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by alexius

yup, but now just use command- arrow keys, works fine.

NO!

You are entirely wrong. Arrows or Comand+Arrows work. Whichever you fancy! Personally I'll takee less key strokes, = only arrows.
  • Reply 117 of 144
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TenoBell

Well 90% of the consumer market own and watch standard definition television.

Is it worth it for Apple to pursue the small but growing HD market?

Sure, in a year or two. Maybe.

In 2009 when all analog broadcasts will cease to exist in this country, maybe.

But not now.
  • Reply 118 of 144
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by demenas

I bet more than 10% of the iPod / Apple user community have HDTV.

Steve

So what if it does (and I doubt it, as many owners are kids). Apple is looking to expand their market, not stick to the one they have.

As that happens, it becomes diluted. Just as the computer revolution started out with us geeks, and moved to the general population who doesn't know anything about how their machines work.
  • Reply 119 of 144
    seems to be a very nice update. they are finally separating the different types of content (at least in the application, still all in "itunes music" on the disc)

the get album artwork function is very nice! currently getting art for all my music, although the "album art not found" with the strange cow is a bit far from slick.....
  • Reply 120 of 144
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TenoBell

DVD sales are not slowing because of resolution. They are slowing because it is a maturing market and the fact there are other options, such as Video On Demand, DVR recorders, Pay Per View, Netflix.

Right.