How do I make it download cover art?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I have ticked the box and said Yes for downloading the album cover art.. but it doesn't seem to be doing it. Even for well known artists and albums. I can understand them not having some of the Aussie music I have... but even famous US artists aren't downloading.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    It's very important that Artist and Albumname are correct (f.e. no "- Retail" at the end of the album name) the server also seems to be overwhelmed by the many request, I'd check and fix the Tags and would try downloading the covers again later.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Go to Advanced > Get Album Artwork.

The checkbox (confusingly) only applies to music as you rip it.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Ummmm there doesn't appear to be any >Get Album Artwork under >Advanced

EDIT: My bad, I looked under Preferences > Advanced. Not the drop down menu advanced
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NORTHERNLiGHTS

It's very important that Artist and Albumname are correct (f.e. no "- Retail" at the end of the album name) the server also seems to be overwhelmed by the many request, I'd check and fix the Tags and would try downloading the covers again later.

True. It's VERY important to have an accurate Artist and Album name. Even if you ripped the songs together, I noticed itunes gets "confused" about certain albums. This is especially true for movie soundtracks with "Various Artists". You really have to make sure you click "Compilation: Yes" in the Info screen. Otherwise you will have dozens of repeats and/or incomplete album collections. I learned that one the hard way and had to go thru all my songs picking out the compilations.