iTV Release Date Predictions

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
So, considering Apple's 'Financial' Q1 2007 ends srats in October and December 31st 2006, what do you all think the release date on the device may be? Wouldn't it make more sense that they would announce this a month or two in advance and in time for Christmas rather than up to 6 months in advance?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    I predict availability by March 32nd, 2007.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    jcgjcg Posts: 777member
    The obvious would be in January, it's the right venue and the right time to hit the "After Christmas" return/buying cycle. It would also make a more of sense for Steve to pre-announce if they are releasing it just after the new year than if the release were intended to be at the end of the quarter when people are getting their tax returns. Apple is saying "Save some money, it's just around the corner." at the end of the quarter bank accounts have somewhat recovered from the Christmas buying season, and with fresh tax returns are ready to start spending again so there would be less of a reason to pre-announce. It will be interesting to see what comments come out of Apple execs on the iTV, especially at or around the financial announcements this quarter.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    Yeah, I can definitely see this thing coming out at MWSF -- or at least a date being announced.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    May '07, about the same time the MacBooks were released this year.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    gordygordy Posts: 1,004member
    January '07 at the latest. Here lately, Apple under commits and outperforms on the big things (Intel transition and iTunes sales projections come to mind).
  • Reply 6 of 8
    I think apple means calendar year quarter, most people don't know fiscal year quarter and it's different for every company. If he meant fiscal year, he would have said exactly that.

January-March 2007, hopefully on the early side. So when is .n supposed to be locked down?
  • Reply 7 of 8
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BRussell

I predict availability by March 32nd, 2007.

I predict that on March 27th 2007, Apple will hold an event for iTV. It will have a completely redesigned interface, and will also have a few hidden features that they didn't show us. Then Apple/Jobs will say, "Oh, and one more thing, it's a little cat called Leopard". Leopard will have our chins hitting the floor, we'll all be Gob-smacked!!! A completely redesigned interface/GUI, Wow, beautiful!!

Then Jobs will get on to talking about iChat:

"You know what's becoming more common is a thing called VOIP, the ability to make phone calls over the internet and call regular phones etc. Well on a voice chat to a regular phones, the last thing people want to be doing is talking to their computer screen or dealing with external microphones etc. Wouldn't it be great if there was a device that you could use that got rid of all these inconveniences and complications in an Apple like way?

Someone from the audience shouts out, "iPhone!!" Steve gives a snigger, looks at the ground. The tension in the croud perks up a notch, and Steve says, "you know what? he's right" BOOM!!!
  • Reply 8 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland

I predict that on March 27th 2007, Apple will hold an event for iTV. It will have a completely redesigned interface, and will also have a few hidden features that they didn't show us. Then Apple/Jobs will say, "Oh, and one more thing, it's a little cat called Leopard". Leopard will have our chins hitting the floor, we'll all be Gob-smacked!!! A completely redesigned interface/GUI, Wow, beautiful!!

Then Jobs will get on to talking about iChat:

"You know what's becoming more common is a thing called VOIP, the ability to make phone calls over the internet and call regular phones etc. Well on a voice chat to a regular phones, the last thing people want to be doing is talking to their computer screen or dealing with external microphones etc. Wouldn't it be great if there was a device that you could use that got rid of all these inconveniences and complications in an Apple like way?

Someone from the audience shouts out, "the iPhone!!" Steve gives a snigger, looks at the ground. The tension in the croud goes up a notch, and Steve says, "you know what? he's right" BOOM!!!

...and he bursts into flames and rises like the legendary phoenix up to the celiling...