iPod game pad

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014

Just a quick concept image. Slide your 5G ipod in. Start playing games that require a gamepad.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    no I can't see that working. although if the rumored widescreen video ipod came out. ( the one that is all screen ) then an adapter like that would work. (would added needed width to it)

but that is just too big, nobody would buy it.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    I figure this thing would only need to be about 5 inches wide by 5 inches high.

By comparison the Nintendo DS lite is 5.25 inches wide and 5.8 inches high (when open).

So granted the DS folds, but this is still pretty portable. I would buy one if it was cheap enough, like $29.99 or something. Basically it's just a controller it wouldn't be complicated to make.

Plus I'm sure there are a lot of people like me who don't own game systems but do own ipods.

It is ugly I admit but I'm sure Apple could do something with the design concept to make it fit better.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ApplePi

I figure this thing would only need to be about 5 inches wide by 5 inches high.

By comparison the Nintendo DS lite is 5.25 inches wide and 5.8 inches high (when open).

So granted the DS folds, but this is still pretty portable. I would buy one if it was cheap enough, like $29.99 or something. Basically it's just a controller it wouldn't be complicated to make.

Plus I'm sure there are a lot of people like me who don't own game systems but do own ipods.

It is ugly I admit but I'm sure Apple could do something with the design concept to make it fit better.

yeah iPod would be perfect if they bumped up the processor and allowed full games to be made. ( similiar or less than current DS games ) Sell those for 10 to 15 and watch them fly off the shelves. then still keep arcade simple games at 5.

but that would only work if they had a fullscreen video ipod. ( horizontal )

and support for devices like that. ( perfect for a horizontal ipod )
  • Reply 4 of 5
    I know the iPod has dual 80Mhz processors. That's more powerful then the old 16bit game systems and even the original playstation. But I don't know how powerful the graphics are. The new games look pretty good though.

I'd assume they could probably get at least gameboy advance type of games out of it if they wanted. They could probaly even do 640x480 games that could be output to a TV.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Woody56292

no I can't see that working. although if the rumored widescreen video ipod came out. ( the one that is all screen ) then an adapter like that would work. (would added needed width to it)

but that is just too big, nobody would buy it.

who said anything about buying? Apple should include it as a pack-in 8)