Nice Info on C2D!!

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
I was just on dell.com and came across this:

http://configure.us.dell.com/dellsto...b=1&vw=classic

It shows the C2D 2.33 as a BTO, AND it shows you can get up to 4BG of ram! I wonder with these laptops ready to go, if we could expect the same from good ol Mr. Steve Jobs. If you think logically about this situation, Steve needs to come out with the new laptops this month. Theirs no way he can fall behind in the portable market, thats whats keeping Apple alive right now. I can't see a smart company doing something so stupid. I'll put money on it that the new chips are in the laptops this month...What do other people think?...If you think about it, Apple is trying to compete, and they can't with old technology, they have to come out this month.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Good luck getting one of those Dells delivered before the end of the month.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    I don't want one, I'm waiting for the MBP, jus figured I would share the findings. I know a lot of people were wondering if it would support more ram, and from the looks of this laptop it CAN, but we'll have to see if Apple adds more slots, or ups them to 2GB each...hopefully they do either or.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    rickagrickag Posts: 1,626member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chucker

Good luck getting one of those Dells delivered before the end of the month.

Preliminary ship date lists 9/25/06.

Am I old or conservative or both, but red?\ I can't believe people would actually buy a laptop like this. Garish, overstated, gaudy, tasteless are some of the adjectives that come to mind.

disclaimer: the subjective opinion above is mine, solely mine and does not necessarily represent the views of anybody but me.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    Well I may well be old and conservative like you.

That Red is horrible.

Have a look at their XPS desktop range too.

Absolutely hideous.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rickag

Preliminary ship date lists 9/25/06.

Oops, it looks like as time goes by, they prolong the ship date. Now it says 9/26/2006.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rickag

Am I old or conservative or both, but red?\ I can't believe people would actually buy a laptop like this. Garish, overstated, gaudy, tasteless are some of the adjectives that come to mind.

I have not adjectives for a red laptop, just one word: NO. I would prefer much better a more neutral color. Something along the lines of white, grey and black. But then again I am perhaps too old and conservative for reddies now.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    Red laptop? yuck. 4GB RAM in said laptop? Yay!

MBP with C2D, 4GB RAM, and FW800? Sold in a second.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by philby

Red laptop? yuck. 4GB RAM in said laptop? Yay!

MBP with C2D, 4GB RAM, and FW800? Sold in a second.

Yeah, that's what I'm sayin'...but I don't know how much longer I can wait. Everyday I need one more and more, but I'll be real pissed if I buy one, and a new one comes out a week later, with 64 bits?!!! Wow, I would kill some one lol
  • Reply 9 of 10
    Unless max RAM config goes up from 2GB, I don't think the 64 bits will do anything much, actually.

But Merom speed increase, a FW800 port and (a boy can dream, can't he?) maybe a faster GPU would be nice, IMHO. Being able to use 3 or 4 GB of RAM would just be the cherry on top. Now that iTunes uses up to 200 MB live RAM...
  • Reply 10 of 10
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by philby

Unless max RAM config goes up from 2GB, I don't think the 64 bits will do anything much, actually.

But Merom speed increase, a FW800 port and (a boy can dream, can't he?) maybe a faster GPU would be nice, IMHO. Being able to use 3 or 4 GB of RAM would just be the cherry on top. Now that iTunes uses up to 200 MB live RAM...

I think it has to be increased