Macbook delievery takes forever

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
ugh! i ordered a black macbook with a gig of ram upgade yesterday after the special event and it says i wont get it till the 26th! I even paid for 2-3 day delievery. Has anyone recently purchased a macbook and gotten it much sooner than the delievery was predicted the first day? Is Apple really this backed up? What are the chances of it getting shipped sooner?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 42
    If the only thing you upgraded was the RAM, I'd be suprised if it doesn't ship sooner. When I ordered my MBP, they said it'll take 2-3 weeks to ship and it arrived in 3 days from China (I did overnight shipping).
  • Reply 2 of 42
    I ordered my MacBook the 1st of July and got it the 3rd (I had 2-3 day shipping).
  • Reply 3 of 42
    I ordered a low - end macbook for my wife . . . I placed the order around Sept. 9 and was given a Sept. 13 ship date . . . on the 11th we received an email extending the ship time to Sept. 22
  • Reply 4 of 42
    My campus bookstore has the white MBs on an indefinite backorder.
  • Reply 5 of 42
    I just ordered a white macbook 2.0 core duo with an 80gb HD and 1gig of RAM today and the ship date is september 25th. The delivery date is October 2nd.
  • Reply 6 of 42
    I just order my White MacBook dual 2Ghz with a shipping date of the 21 and a arrival date of the Sept 26 . I paid for 2-3 day shipping and the iPod I order for my girlfriend will be here tomorrow (New Nano Blue) and then my new Shuffle is going to be here NOVEMBER 2. I order all of this on Tuesday. I am a senior at College and I need the laptop now, I really hope they ship sooner than they are predicting.
  • Reply 7 of 42
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jarvis8484

I ordered a low - end macbook for my wife . . . I placed the order around Sept. 9 and was given a Sept. 13 ship date . . . on the 11th we received an email extending the ship time to Sept. 22

HEY what if we get Core 2 Duo in our MacBooks!!! especially if they delayed yours, man that would be freaking awesome!!!

- iGrant
  • Reply 8 of 42
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    In the case that no one yet noticed, it is now ***CONFIRMED***: new Macbooks this month!
  • Reply 9 of 42
    where is it confirmed?
  • Reply 10 of 42
    yeah, where is this confirmed???
  • Reply 11 of 42
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by maroulis

where is it confirmed?

This is an old AppleInsider expression (something like joke between AI-ers) to show that we have strong evidence that some rumor/hypothesis about future hardware is right. And in the Macbook case with the shipping delays it looks like it is so.

So, nothing confirmed, but ***CONFIRMED***.
  • Reply 12 of 42
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PB

This is an old AppleInsider expression (something like joke between AI-ers) to show that we have strong evidence that some rumor/hypothesis about future hardware is right. And in the Macbook case with the shipping delays it looks like it is so.

So, nothing confirmed, but ***CONFIRMED***.

if i ordered my mac book on the 12th and this rumor of an upgrade is true, will mine be updated?

Do you really think this is why its taking so long?
  • Reply 13 of 42
    I truly hope so since I return my macbook to Bestbuy due to the whining problem after 5 days of use. I ask them for exchange but seem like the Macbook is out of stock everywhere. Will be awesome if the Macbook got an update like the iMac
  • Reply 14 of 42
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cato988

if i ordered my mac book on the 12th and this rumor of an upgrade is true, will mine be updated?

This was what Apple used to do when an update was imminent.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cato988

Do you really think this is why its taking so long?

Honestly I don't know. The Macbook was introduced in May and it is too early for an update (at least with respect to the old Apple practices). The Macbook Pro has the priority at this point. But it is suspicious that many here report depleted stock or delays in their Macbook shipment.
  • Reply 15 of 42
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PB

This was what Apple used to do when an update was imminent.

Honestly I don't know. The Macbook was introduced in May and it is too early for an update (at least with respect to the old Apple practices). The Macbook Pro has the priority at this point. But it is suspicious that many here report depleted stock or delays in their Macbook shipment.

Could be that they are fixing all the problems that the current MacBooks seem to have, if so, fine by me, I would love having a laptop that does not have the heat issues that seem to plague so many MacBook users.
  • Reply 16 of 42
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iGrant

...I would love having a laptop that does not have the heat issues that seem to plague so many MacBook users.

I thought that there were not anymore heat issues. Widespread at least.
  • Reply 17 of 42
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PB

I thought that there were not anymore heat issues. Widespread at least.

Well there might now be, but Apple might be going back and making sure that a there WILL NOT BE anymore problems with laptops that they are selling, which is smart if you ask me. You can lab test a laptop all you want, but you won't know how it will really work till you sell it and get customer feedback.
  • Reply 18 of 42
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iGrant

Well there might now be, but Apple might be going back and making sure that a there WILL NOT BE anymore problems with laptops that they are selling, which is smart if you ask me. You can lab test a laptop all you want, but you won't know how it will really work till you sell it and get customer feedback.

If there is an update, thats just great I bought one on the 16th.......does anyone know what is the return policy?
  • Reply 19 of 42
    14 Days as long as it isn't CTO.
  • Reply 20 of 42
    Cto???