What now for the Mac Book Pro

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
What now for the 17" Mac Book Pro?? I was all set for an update on the 12th and it never happened.

As I am close to buying a Mac Book Pro - funds are ready - should I wait at all on this?? I see there is an apple event on the 24th for Photokina...maybe it will be announced then?

Thanks for your thoughts

Jools

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    I have a feeling next tuesday or the tuesday after will be the time. They will probably put it as a silent upgrade. They don't need a huge event for this, because most of the people buying laptops don't care.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr. Jeff

I have a feeling next tuesday or the tuesday after will be the time. They will probably put it as a silent upgrade. They don't need a huge event for this, because most of the people buying laptops don't care.

it has to come out after the 16th and before october. So the wait shouldn't be so long.

After the 16th because thats when the get a mac and free nano offers expires. So i think it might even come out that next monday or tuesday...
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Good point. I'm really jonesing here, though man... I got the shakes and $2000, lookin' for some good times, man, ya got any MacBook Pros? I NEED a Merom, man, NEED it. Real bad.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    i'd also have to agree and say apple does not need to do a special event to release the new mbp's. if they can release the totally redesigned macbook and a new 24" imac with c2d without holding an event, then they can do the same for mbp's.

here's to hoping for next tuesday!