How will apple fight back?

Comments

• Reply 21 of 42
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland

After reading what you say here, I think we might see the new VPod before the end on the year. As it doesn't interfere with the new ones they just brought out.

The ones they just brought out only added brightness to the screen and longer battery, which it needed to play movies, everyone got the extra features - search. Do you actually think they could have opened the iTunes movie store with the current 5Gen 30Gb? They die in 2 hours, movies are longer than that. They needed something to be able to play the movies. The drop of price also helps the cause of clearing inventory of these 5Gen. These arent major updates. Plus i've been saying it all along. Apple wont go through the holiday season without a new iPod. It won't happen! Besides updating the notebooks, whats left??? Thats right the iPod is the only mac product without a significant update.
  • Reply 22 of 42
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacsRbetterthanPC

The ones they just brought out only added brightness to the screen and longer battery, which it needed to play movies, everyone got the extra features - search. Do you actually think they could have opened the iTunes movie store with the current 5Gen 30Gb? They die in 2 hours, movies are longer than that. They needed something to be able to play the movies. The drop of price also helps the cause of clearing inventory of these 5Gen. These arent major updates. Plus i've been saying it all along. Apple wont go through the holiday season without a new iPod. It won't happen! Besides updating the notebooks, whats left??? Thats right the iPod is the only mac product without a significant update.

Why you don't consider the Cinema Displays hardware?

Besides, what about the iPhone?
  • Reply 23 of 42
    Its available in brown! And the shipping box is brown!

Possibly the most UGLY colour available!
  • Reply 24 of 42
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gar

It's brown

It's almost like they're trying to lose.
  • Reply 25 of 42
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cuencap

... similar to the engineers over at GM/Ford already working on 2010 model cars...

Oh, you did NOT just compare Apple to GM/Ford!
  • Reply 26 of 42
    I'm impressed that they didn't load up the box with tons of text.

But I think it's very telling that the box not only doesn't have a window to see the unit, it doesn't even have a picture on the box!
  • Reply 27 of 42
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cuencap

Why would Apple have to fight back when they are already the front-runner in this "race", and the Zune is Microsoft's (weak) attempt at equaling Apple?

We (haha..Apple) are miles ahead in technology and ideas. While Zune is being debugged, Steve and his people are already thinking 2 iPods ahead... similar to the engineers over at GM/Ford already working on 2010 model cars...

maybe not the best time to make that type of comparison to ford/gm.
  • Reply 28 of 42
    rageousrageous Posts: 2,170member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacsRbetterthanPC

Do you actually think they could have opened the iTunes movie store with the current 5Gen 30Gb? They die in 2 hours...

That's interesting. I got stuck in LAX last weekend for a few hours, so I pulled out my 30GB 5G iPod and watched Batman Begins all the way through, and was about 45 minutes to an hour into V for Vendetta before I shut the thing off, and there was still juice in it.
  • Reply 29 of 42
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by icibaqu

maybe not the best time to make that type of comparison to ford/gm.

Whoa - I never compared Apple to GM/Ford...read it again...

I was saying how the engineers at GM/Ford are working on 2010 unreleased prototypes...

I'm saying Apple is currently working on the products they will release in 2010 already, unlike Microsoft, who copies what is out right now - putting them 2-3 years behind.
  • Reply 30 of 42
    802.11 and music sharing would be great. I would suggest though that it runs in "Player only" mode unless plugged in to a power supply. (Playing from online playlists would be very useful and wouldn't cost much in power. It's the proving of songs to other networked iPods that would be expensive in power consumption.)

Also I think a compartment at the top you can keep some M&Ms in would be good. That way, if you're listening to music and you're hungry, you can just slide open the compartment lid, shake out the M&Ms, and have a snack.
  • Reply 31 of 42
    the zune is going to be like vizta. it will try to copy apple with its best features, try to incorporate new 'revolutionary' technologies and be a flop. i spose i have to give examples. vizta copy-sidebar/gadgets, new tech-er, cant think of any atm. zune copy-M$ ipod, new tech-wireless sharing. if that made sence. probably didnt
  • Reply 32 of 42
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by peharri

Also I think a compartment at the top you can keep some M&Ms in would be good. That way, if you're listening to music and you're hungry, you can just slide open the compartment lid, shake out the M&Ms, and have a snack.

iPez.
  • Reply 33 of 42
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    "Constantly being behind in features IS a feature! "

That's stupid. I have specifically not bought an iPod since the VERY FIRST one for one reason: where the HELL is the microphone?! NO I don't want an addon.
  • Reply 34 of 42
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Aquatic

That's stupid. I have specifically not bought an iPod since the VERY FIRST one for one reason: where the HELL is the microphone?! NO I don't want an addon.

Then don't. Meanwhile, millions of others are happy.
  • Reply 35 of 42
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Aquatic

Hold up a sec. The iPod is an MP3 player.

WTF would it need a microphone? It doesn't. 99% of people who buy it would have no use for it.

We don't want to pay for a feature only you will use.
  • Reply 36 of 42
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ukuser

Its available in brown! And the shipping box is brown!

Possibly the most UGLY colour available!

What can brown do for you?
  • Reply 37 of 42
    If I had a penny for every single "iPod killer" that has appeared....

I would have about 27 pennies by now.

C.
  • Reply 38 of 42
    Code:

Now he knew if the

gooks ever saw the Zune it'd be

confiscated. The way your Daddy

looked at it, that Zune was your

birthright. And he'd be damned if

the slopeheads were gonna put their

greasy yella hands on his boy's

birthright. So he hid it in the

one place he knew he could hide

somethin'. His ass. Five long

years, he wore this Zune up his

ass. Then when he died of

disentary, he gave me the Zune. I

hid this uncomfortable hunk of

metal up my ass for two years.

Then, after seven years, I was sent

home to my family. And now, little

man, I give this Zune to you.

[Capt. Koons hands the Zune to Butch. A little hand comes

into FRAME to accept it.]

• Reply 39 of 42
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Carniphage

If I had a penny for every single "iPod killer" that has appeared....

I would have about 27 pennies by now.

C.

You should have gone for the iPhone offer instead. I'm a bazillionaire thanks to my taking up "a penny an iPhone rumour"... ;-)
  • Reply 40 of 42
    parkyparky Posts: 383member
    Wireless songs do not appeal to me. But then again I am an adult !