Microsoft unveils Zune digital media player (images)

Comments

• Reply 121 of 205
    feynmanfeynman Posts: 1,087member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wilco

Oh look, I just made a poo joke!

How old are you people?

Doesn't matter how old we are, Microsoft should have seen it coming.
  • Reply 122 of 205
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider

and we kid you not -- brown.

Now the shit can really hit the fan
  • Reply 123 of 205
    M$'s version of iTunes, "Marketplace" looks scarily similar to ..er...iTunes.

http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/p...age022_low.jpg

The black bezel, is that what you would call "Brushed Plastic"?
  • Reply 124 of 205
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by matracer

jesus........ the cog icon, the top song/album/artists on the right..... the source menu on the left with the same titles..... can they realy not think of ANY half decent/origional ideas. this is just getting silly.... i just feel sorry for them now.
  • Reply 125 of 205
    Quote:

Funny thing is they copied the Apple action menu Icon beside

their option Icon, too. poor.
  • Reply 126 of 205
    They even copy the reflection effect for there album art

Although they are looking a bit slim on top artists

Hope this all backfires and chokes them.....plagiarists
  • Reply 127 of 205
    How the heck they can ever get away with this massive copycat?
  • Reply 128 of 205
    Its about time apple stopped messin with Pages and produced an "Office" killing app, then they could merrily sue M$ and blow them away. just IMHO.
  • Reply 129 of 205
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Quote:

Its about time apple stopped messin with Pages and produced an "Office" killing app, then they could merrily sue M$ and blow them away. just IMHO.

That demand is so vague as to be useless. iWork focuses on the home user; Office focuses on enterprises but works for home users as well. Office has collaboration; iWork does not.

What is it you want? Yet another clone like OpenOffice.org? Yawn.
  • Reply 130 of 205
    I run a small business and I switched to the mac to escape viruses, spyware, malware but I also needed Office (Apple Works did not hit the mark) without office i would have been a little more reluctant to switch.

No one wants a clone IMO, part of the reason PC user switch is because they can still use Office. Pages is rubbish at word processing and I would like to see Apple produce a decent spreadsheet - apple style. It bugs me to use M$ Word/Excel Apple have done it with Keynote so lets finish of the suit and dump m$.
  • Reply 131 of 205
    yamayama Posts: 427member
    Quote:

Wait, hang on a sec... The Zune comes with its own app for downloading songs? Uh, why aren't they using Windows Media Player? It's already got access to online music stores and can sync songs to an MP3 player. Are Microsoft abandoning their own applications and creating unnecessary new ones?

• Reply 132 of 205
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sunilraman

Can Creative be any more dead? It's dead. Bloody hell. Die, damnnit, die already!!!!!! Hopefully Zune will finally put it out of its misery.

you do realize that creative sells more mp3 players than apple sells ipods right?

they are the most popular mp3 brand in asia.
  • Reply 133 of 205
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by yama

Wait, hang on a sec... The Zune comes with its own app for downloading songs? Uh, why aren't they using Windows Media Player? It's already got access to online music stores and can sync songs to an MP3 player. Are Microsoft abandoning their own applications and creating unnecessary new ones?

yeah I know, the wmp11 beta blows itunes out of the water, and it is only a beta! I cannot understand why they aren't using wmp11.... this zune marketplace looks similiar to it, lets just hope it is as easy to use.
  • Reply 134 of 205
    Quote:

Looks very cluttered and not very well organized.
  • Reply 135 of 205
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Feynman

I wonder what the compression for the video will be. Being that Apple is known to use open standards and Microsoft typically uses WMV (or whatever it's called) I imagine the quality will be rather poor on the Zune.

Not to mention the integration between Windows Media Player and the Zune will most likely be very difficult as opposed to the drag and drop ease of use of iTunes. And with iTunes 7, things just got easier.

you obviously have never used Windows Media Player 11

oh and about compression... from what I understand MS is very good at compression ( just look at hd-dvd ) or look here.
  • Reply 136 of 205
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Feynman

Looks very cluttered and not very well organized.

yes I hope that isn't the final version. ( although I suppose they will update it soon after launch anyways )
  • Reply 137 of 205
    Quote:

They even copy the reflection effect for there album art

Although they are looking a bit slim on top artists

Hope this all backfires and chokes them.....plagiarists

what reflection effect?
  • Reply 138 of 205
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Quick, everyone hide, it's a troll!
  • Reply 139 of 205
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chucker

Quick, everyone hide, it's a troll!

thats not very nice...

trying to create more diversity here. can't handle a discussion that has viewpoints different than yours?
  • Reply 140 of 205
    Chill out Chucker i'm no troll, I just don't like people who cheat and copy other peoples work. M$ are are just too cheeky in my book.