What products are coming at this Special event? (Photokina)

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
We all know there's a new Aperture coming, but this is a hardware forum, so.

I think we'll see the New C2D MacBook's appear on the Apple.com homepage on the 19th, and the following Monday at the event, Apple will annaounce the New MacBook Pro's with the MacBook style keyboard, and the magnetic latch. As the MacBook Pro is wider, it will get very light magnets at either end of the displays too, to hold it neatly shut.

We'll also be introduced to the new Cinema Displays. I think they'll be lighter and thinner with built-in iSights and IR sensors, and optionally the Apple remote. Steve will also add that there is one more thing. A thing that was the most requested feature for the next Gen Cinema Displays, and that will be iMac-esque hidden speakers.

20" & New sizes 24" and a 32".

Comments

• Reply 1 of 45
    No. Apature update. Done.
  • Reply 2 of 45
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jdcfsu

Whatever. I'm going to be seriously disappointed if they don't release:

1) New MBP enclosure.

2) New Cinema Displays with better iSight

3) The iPhone

4) The 6G iPod (finally) with a battery life somewhere in the triple digits

5) iTV a few months early

6) Mac-mini like DVR

If not, sadly, MS is soon going to be dominating the market with their brick-cum-FM Radio Zune.
  • Reply 3 of 45
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tdnc101

1) New MBP enclosure.

3) The iPhone

6) Mac-mini like DVR

If not, sadly, MS is soon going to be dominating the market with their brick-cum-FM Radio Zune.

That is quite a wish list...

And trust me, MS will not be able to "dominate" the market with the Zune. Apple owns over 70% of the MP3 player market, that'll be hard to turn around.
  • Reply 4 of 45
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Quote:

1) New MBP enclosure.

3) The iPhone

6) Mac-mini like DVR

Yeah, they'll introduce a music player, a cellphone and a DVR at a photography expo.

• Reply 5 of 45
    Quote:

Aperture... and I disagree.

And Ireland there was already a topic on this do we really need another one?

Anyway here's a prediction thats very close to what I think we'll see.

Quote:

My prediction:

Definiantly:

Aperture 2.0 ($299)

MacBook Pro:

2 15" and 1 17" model with 2.16 and 2.33 GHz Merom

1 GB RAM standdard, up to 3 or 4 GB

100 and 120 GB HDD's, up to 160 GB

8x DVD+/-RW DL drives for all

X1600 Pro in low-end 15" and X1800 Pro/XT in hi-end 15" and 17"

FW800 on all models

Magnetic latch (no integrated keyboard)

Expresscard/54 slot on all models

$1899 - $2299 - $2499

Unikely:

802.11 n (in MacPro and MacBook Pro)

New iSight with IR reciever

MacBook

This was posted by Josias of the MacRumors forum.

The only thing that I think will be different is that the new MacBook Pros will probably have the "NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT with 128MB" as the standard and the "NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT with 256MB" as a BTO option.

Edit: That was weird did the poll appear out of nowhere?? Well I guess the thread makes more sense now...
  • Reply 6 of 45
    SHIT.

I just ordered my Mac Pro w/ 23" Cinema Display and Apeture pre-installed.

If there will be a new Cinema Display that would be sad but not tragic.

If there was a new version of Aperture, now THAT would be tragic.

The Cinema Display has shipped, the computer hasn't.

If it is like... Aperture 1.5, would that update be available to those who purchase 1.1.

I know there is photokina, but are these events heresay or is this a confirmed event.
  • Reply 7 of 45
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    I was thiking we would only see software. And I'm keeping with that. They'll probably use Mac pro's to demo. Maybe Adobe will have some news on Photoshop universal, but I doubt it.
  • Reply 8 of 45
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by icfireball

I know there is photokina, but are these events heresay or is this a confirmed event.

It's a confirmed event, sites have posted the invites that Apple sent out.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by onlooker

Maybe Adobe will have some news on Photoshop universal, but I doubt it.

It is a huge industry conference, so it's possible. But I'm not holding my breath.
  • Reply 9 of 45
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by icfireball

This is a confirmed event. Whether Apple will introduce a new Aperture at it is speculation, but seems very likely. It's not only been almost a year (a typical major release cycle for Apple software), but it's also a photography-related exposition.
  • Reply 10 of 45
    Quote:

That is quite a wish list...

And trust me, MS will not be able to "dominate" the market with the Zune. Apple owns over 70% of the MP3 player market, that'll be hard to turn around.

All sarcasm, the triple digit battery life and iTV/iPhone requests I thought would give it away. Sarcasm's a bit harder to transmit online.

I don't think they're going to be releasing anything of large importance here. Certainly not something as big as a new MBP enclosure.
  • Reply 11 of 45
    Do you think I should cancel my preinstall of Aperture if possible, and then just order it seperatly when the next version comes out?
  • Reply 12 of 45
    Well I filled out Apple's post-order support form with the subject they offer of "Upgrade Protection". Hopefully they can help.
  • Reply 13 of 45
    Quote:

1) New MBP enclosure.

3) The iPhone

6) Mac-mini like DVR

Get ready to be disappointed.
  • Reply 14 of 45
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by backtomac

Get ready to be disappointed.

Get ready to learn to recognize sarcasm (or at least read the post where the OP points out the sarcasm to somewhere else).
  • Reply 15 of 45
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Darth_Apple

This was posted by Josias of the MacRumors forum.

That would be extremely attractive IMO. I hope you're correct but my wife hopes you're not. I'm buying if they come out with new MBPs with those specs.
  • Reply 16 of 45
    I don't agree with ANY of the things in the poll.

Does everyone really think they'll put the isight into monitors? I doubt it.
  • Reply 17 of 45
    murkmurk Posts: 935member
    I've said it before: Photobooth 2.0. Seriously, though, if it just Aperture, its going to be a big update. They wouldn't hold an event for a minor one. I'm wondering if it will push more into Photoshop's space. MacOSXRumors claims that Merom MacBook Pros are coming. So maybe it is just a minor Aperture update and MBP's that can run it. http://www.macosxrumors.com/articles...mber-the-25th/

As for a Photoshop announcement at an Apple event, Adobe already previewed Photoshop CS3 earlier in September at the Photoshop World Conference. Apparently they did a thirty second demo of opening a PS document which contained video. That's it. Anyway, it generated zero buzz. The few mentions I've seen of the event after the fact are : http://forums.macrumors.com/showthre...=229852&page=6 http://photoshopnews.com/2006/09/13/...-world-report/ Apparently, it really is a ways off.

P.S.- Here's a link promoting the conference and the sneak peak of PS CS3... http://www.layersmagazine.com/082906...hop_world.html
  • Reply 18 of 45
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by minderbinder

Get ready to learn to recognize sarcasm (or at least read the post where the OP points out the sarcasm to somewhere else).

Oops.
  • Reply 19 of 45
    Update on my predicament:

Order updated... Aperture *not* pre-installed.

Ready for Sept 25. That is unless new ACD come out as well.

The thing is, Aperture is tight with ACD more than any other product except the Mac Pro itself.

Anyways, here is the way I look at it:

There are 5 spots on the Apple main page.

1) iPod nanos (MUST remain but will get dropped down to a small spot.

2) Webcast - will get eliminated.

3) Shuffle - probably will stay...

4) iTunes - will almost deff stay

5) Reg. iPod - 50/50 chance.

So the way I look at it, 2 things will stay for sure, 1 thing willl probably stay, 1 thing WILL NOT, and another is a 50/50 chance.

This leaves us with a likely hood of 1-2 updates, and a SLIGHT possibility for 3.

In this order of most likely to replace those spots:

1) Aperture - Almost a given (see below)

Tied for 2) ACD and MacBook Pro. (see below)

The MacBook Pro hasn't been updated since Jan and the ACD's price just dropped, which would lead us to belive the MacBook Pro would be updated. On the other hand, Apple usually has abou 12 month computer update cycles leaving the MacBook Pro for a later date. In addition, Aperture is very well branded to the ACD. Almost any picture of Aperture has ACD as well.

As far as Aperture, generally Pro apps day a LONG time to get a 1 point upgrade (i.e. iTunes 6 > 7), and have many intermediate upgrades. But the thing that makes Aperture different from Final Cut Studio products (which have a very slow 1 point life), is that Aperture is very new, only a year old. So at the begining of development or an apps lifetime, you will see more rapid updates. So this makes it likely that Aperture will get a MAJOR update despite it's being a Pro app.
  • Reply 20 of 45
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    This: MacBook Pro (new, latch+keyboard), Cinema Displays (thinner, bigger, IR, iSight, NO speakers) option is winning! We'll see soon enough what happens.