Why iTV will HAVE to chage its name.... and ideas

Comments

• Reply 21 of 86
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by onlooker

I'm betting on iHome.

I bet you 3,000 posts that it won't be iHome. Just because this company makes this product called iHome
  • Reply 22 of 86
    screedscreed Posts: 1,077member
    Tubeport!!! Heh-heh-heh.
  • Reply 23 of 86
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by onlooker

I wont be nearly as popular without it IMO.

BTW I was just watching a free pilot from ITMS (eureka) at 640x480, and it lookls pretty good on a 1280x1024 17" screen. Better than half the shows that I missed because of work that I download of the net to catch up.

I agree to a some extent. The problem as I see it is the same the Tivo faces. They introduce a new shiny new PVR and the biggest grip is that it does not integrate with the other services from the provider and is $$ compare to the "free" versions offered by the carrier. I don't see Apple making much headway in this regard in the near term. If it become the iPod of the late 'aughts then they might be able to partner with the comcasts and directvs of the world. For now, I think we are stuck with a seperate box for internet content.

Just started watching Eureka a few episodes ago... kinda getting into it. I watched most of last season's Lost on iTunes so I am looking forward to seeing higher rez. I've been watching on my PB as it looked better than on my TV. Will fire up a download and check it out myself.

I'm sure that this is Apple's toe dip into "living room media". I bet they already have follow up products in queue.
  • Reply 24 of 86
    This isn't a replacement for Tivo.

This is a replacement for cable tv.
  • Reply 25 of 86
    I personally hope this product flops and Apple realise they should be spending more time on their macintosh range. Maybe I just have something against TV.
  • Reply 26 of 86
    The more money Apple gets through whatever means means the more cash they have to invest in R&D. They also are making a full circle which will of course benefit from a Mac, thus leading more customers to the Mac line, increasing sales, profits, investments and headaches (when I try figuring out how to buy all the cool new stuff).

Go for it, Apple!

CNN Your World TOday (well, the business report) had a nice clip about the movie downloads and the iTV... they see to think Apple may be on to something absolutely huge.

Go, Apple!
  • Reply 27 of 86
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bergermeister

The more money Apple gets through whatever means means the more cash they have to invest in R&D. They also are making a full circle which will of course benefit from a Mac, thus leading more customers to the Mac line, increasing sales, profits, investments and headaches (when I try figuring out how to buy all the cool new stuff).

Go for it, Apple!

CNN Your World TOday (well, the business report) had a nice clip about the movie downloads and the iTV... they see to think Apple may be on to something absolutely huge.

Go, Apple!

Yes, Go Apple!... but those stories are the result of PR departments, not research. I can only hope with enough critical feedback they can focus and drastically improve this product before it hits the market... I'm confident they'll address most concerns.
  • Reply 28 of 86
    rageousrageous Posts: 2,170member
    Spaceport Extreme mini
  • Reply 29 of 86
    Well we've got AirTunes on the Airport Express so AirView would be my guess although it does scoree quite highly on Google searches.
  • Reply 30 of 86
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jackcheng

How about "Teleport"

After all, you're beaming stuff back and forth wirelessly to your television...

Time Machine, Teleport.... the future is now! Then all Apple has to do is come out with "Flying Car"

That's the best name i've heard so far.
  • Reply 31 of 86
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by johnrp

iTV will have to have it's name changed. In the UK one of our Major TV networks have the same name just do a google search on iTV and you will see.

There is no way that they can be bullied into a name change and as they are in a very similar market there is no way they will let apple use their name to deliver tv content.

The only reason apple would preview with this name is to create a buz and give it a popularist name that everyone will use even when the name is oficially changed prior to release. People will allways call the apple set top box iTV now regardless.

I am not sure if this is a very fair but hay it's apple and i'm just glad for a set top box.

Anyone have any ideas for alternative names ?

I have nothing

J.

Not to mention that the EyeTV people may wanna sue someone here too...
  • Reply 32 of 86
    Recently heard in a marketing meeting at Apple

"Showtime! Yea, that will not get us sued...but if that fails with the focus groups, there is a great way to tie this in with the movie store by calling it the "Home Box Office"...no one would dare sue us for that one!"
  • Reply 33 of 86
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bergermeister

iBoobTube

Too late...the iBoob folks arent gonna like that
  • Reply 34 of 86
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Archstudent

I personally hope this product flops and Apple realise they should be spending more time on their macintosh range. Maybe I just have something against TV.

Don't think of this as TV, think about it as a mechanism to get content from your Macintosh to the biggest media presentation system in your house (or office). Personally I think this is exactly the right thing for Apple to build because nobody else has done it right yet. There are a whole slew of similar products, and they all suck for one reason or another -- especially the ones that try to put a full PC right there on top of your set. I'm very much looking forward to see what Apple can do here, and I think it will have a positive impact on the Macintosh not the negative impact you seem to percieve.
  • Reply 35 of 86
    Steve-o...or S-tivo!

I bet Tivo will sue Apple for that one.
  • Reply 36 of 86
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rageous

Spaceport Extreme mini

Brilliant !!!!! lol

How about " Outrageous Extreme AirShow QuickPlay Beamy HyperPod !"
  • Reply 37 of 86
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by a_greer

Too late...the iBoob folks arent gonna like that

Guess I could really tune in to my wife with that!
  • Reply 38 of 86
    iVision

iTube

iEye

iScreen

iLink

Telelink

TVi

iStream

iDea

iBlob

iView