New MacBook Pro to get "MacBook-Esque keyboard" & "Magnetic Latch" ??

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
I would love the new MacBook Pro to get the Keyboard the consumer MacBook has, and the "Magnetic Latch" too. Who here thinks this will happen?

p.s. I didn't put a third option for it to get *only* one of those things, as I believe that Apple will either leave them out, or put both of them in.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 23
    i'd be surprised not to see those things in a new mbp.

i really love the macbooks keyboard.

i think people will be more interested to see if the new pros come with a glossy screen (or more accurately an option for a matte screen)
  • Reply 2 of 23
    i think the "Magnetic Latch" but no new keyboard
  • Reply 3 of 23
    It would be stupid not to put those two options in the new MBP...They will definitly be part of the next revision
  • Reply 4 of 23
    Don't forget replaceable HDD.
  • Reply 5 of 23
    gargar Posts: 1,201member
    Easy replaceable HDD and memory, that is

and

FW800

3x USB

8xDL superdrive
  • Reply 6 of 23
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by shakerben

i'd be surprised not to see those things in a new mbp.

i really love the macbooks keyboard.

i think people will be more interested to see if the new pros come with a glossy screen (or more accurately an option for a matte screen)

they already do..
  • Reply 7 of 23
    eckingecking Posts: 1,588member
    I think fusing the macbook and macbook pro designs with keyboard, latch etc would awesome. That's what I'm praying for and soon.
  • Reply 8 of 23
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ecking

I think fusing the macbook and macbook pro designs with keyboard, latch etc would awesome. That's what I'm praying for and soon.

Yeah like tomorrow, and if it doesn't happen Steve's face is gonna look like this after I kick him in the noots! ...Don't fook with me Steve!!
  • Reply 9 of 23
    the only complaint i have with my pbg4 is the crappy wifi reception caused by having the antenas surrounded by a metal case.

i really want to see the mb pros go into cases like the macbook. i wonder if they'll do it though. the mbpros have a very small margin around the screen and the mbs have a big one. i wonder if this isn't due to the strength characteristics of metal vs plastic.

maybe no?

i dunno. i really want a laptop that can have > 2 gigs of ram
  • Reply 10 of 23
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by freakboy

... i really want to see the mb pros go into cases like the macbook...

i dunno. i really want a laptop that can have > 2 gigs of ram

I totally agree, the Macbook cases are awesome looking - modern and cool. Everyone will know you have something special in your hands..

Please give us the Mag. Latch at least. And a new "kick-ass" graphics card and 2 GB RAM as standard.

Ordering it ASAP.
  • Reply 11 of 23
    I like the MBP casing a LOT more than the MB ones. The MBP casing looks more stylish, the MB is a bit 'clumsy'. Although the MB keyboard feels fine, the MBP keyboard looks (and feels) more professional.

However the magnetic latch would indeed be very cool to have.
  • Reply 12 of 23
    eckingecking Posts: 1,588member
    It'd also like the mbp to follow the imacs lead with 1gb ram standard across the line, that'd be awesome.

And the black macbook should ship with 1gb ram too, it's only fair to the people that paid the premium.
  • Reply 13 of 23
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dacloo

I like the MBP casing a LOT more than the MB ones. The MBP casing looks more stylish, the MB is a bit 'clumsy'. Although the MB keyboard feels fine, the MBP keyboard looks (and feels) more professional.

However the magnetic latch would indeed be very cool to have.

Agreed. To the letter.
  • Reply 14 of 23
    I wish the Macbook had a backlit keyboard, and a dedicated graphics chip. Then I'd snag 1 of them up. I'm sure they could make these features for the price of the black one. Macbook Pro's are nice, but expensive.
  • Reply 15 of 23
    I don't think they'll have the magnetic latch. Too much flex on a 15" or 17" screen.
  • Reply 16 of 23
    I'd like a 15 inch Macbook Pro that has the same look as the black macbook except in black aluminum with decicated graphics, an expresscard slot, lighted keyboard (same style as macbook), play DVD's without the computer on and FW800.
  • Reply 17 of 23
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    I think we see a clear favorite in this poll anyway. It's a yes on 24!

/simpsons
  • Reply 18 of 23
    if they redo the keyboard, they will have to redo the styling to some degree as well in order to make it work.

-=|Mgkwho
  • Reply 19 of 23
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mgkwho

if they redo the keyboard, they will have to redo the styling to some degree as well in order to make it work.

-=|Mgkwho

To a degree that is true. If they do redo it, my bet is it will only get sexier.
  • Reply 20 of 23
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ApplePi

I'd like a 15 inch Macbook Pro that has the same look as the black macbook except in black aluminum with decicated graphics, an expresscard slot, lighted keyboard (same style as macbook), play DVD's without the computer on and FW800.

Um, without the computer on . . .? That's . . . not even possible.