Microsoft unveils Zune digital media player (images)

Comments

• Reply 141 of 205
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Woody56292

thats not very nice...

trying to create more diversity here. can't handle a discussion that has viewpoints different than yours?

Aww, come on, I was kidding.

However, I'd be curious:

Quote:

the wmp11 beta blows itunes out of the water

Care to elaborate?

Quote:

what reflection effect?

See here.
  • Reply 142 of 205
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chucker

Aww, come on, I was kidding.

However, I'd be curious:

Care to elaborate?

See here.

wow that is awesome! ( lol can't believe I never noticed it before )

oh and what I mean is, itunes has never been very intuitive to me. ( when it comes to music management, not the store )

wmp11 just makes it a whole lot easier ( to me atleast ) to find music, create playlists, rename/reclassify songs ( or find their album art ) , and makes it really simple to sync with mp3 players,burn, and rip cds. my previous link had a beta for it if you would like to try it. ( still not available for macs yet )

The settings are really easy to manage, and picking between different music stores is literally just a click of a button. ( has a list of stores available in one of the horizontal tabs at the top of the player )

The only thing it is missing... is a good store like ITS to use it with.

I must admit though, Apple is definately bridging the gap.

Like the album art finder that will find album art for players that don't have it.

That is one of my favorite features in WMP11. ( although since wmp11 is still in beta, I guess apple technically came out with the feature first )
  • Reply 143 of 205
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Vox Barbara

How the heck they can ever get away with this massive copycat?

Why are people saying it is an ipod-ripoff?

It isn't the same color, doesn't have the same layout, doesn't have a scroll wheel, and isn't as thin as an ipod. So how is it coping it? cause it actually looks good? ( lol I know I am going to get denied for that, but I think it looks good )
  • Reply 144 of 205
    Quote:

you do realize that creative sells more mp3 players than apple sells ipods right?

they are the most popular mp3 brand in asia.

Business 1.0.0 Build 001 : Sales : good. Profit : better. Sales with very little profit : not good.

• Reply 145 of 205
    Quote:

So how is it coping it? cause it actually looks good? ( lol I know I am going to get denied for that, but I think it looks good )

Yes, basically anything Microsoft that looks remotely good and Apple-like must mean that they ripped off Apple. Period. 8)
  • Reply 146 of 205
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Vox Barbara

How the heck they can ever get away with this massive copycat?

See http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/
  • Reply 147 of 205
    Quote:

It isn't the same color, doesn't have the same layout, doesn't have a scroll wheel, and isn't as thin as an ipod. So how is it coping it? cause it actually looks good? ( lol I know I am going to get denied for that, but I think it looks good )

Also basically anything that has "light glass bubble-ish reflection subtle graphite-metal etc" means they ripped off Apple.

• Reply 148 of 205
    ok, look right at the bottom of this page. remind you of anything? the 'shuffle' icon has been turned 90 degrees. OMG!!! the innovation!!! and the playback controls, a direct lift, plus a bit of moving around. jesus..... this is just the stupidest thing i have ever seen. apple, SUE!!! of course you're going to win!!

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...11/design.aspx
  • Reply 149 of 205
    Quote:

are you blind?
  • Reply 150 of 205
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mbaynham

ok, look right at the bottom of this page. remind you of anything? the 'shuffle' icon has been turned 90 degrees. OMG!!! the innovation!!! and the playback controls, a direct lift, plus a bit of moving around. jesus..... this is just the stupidest thing i have ever seen. apple, SUE!!! of course you're going to win!!

ROFLMAO

I'm confused though, how do I fufill my URGE while ZUNE-ing at the Microsoft Marketplace or something...??
  • Reply 151 of 205
    Typical microsoft, the left hand doesn't know the right is scratching its butt, then the left hand tries scratching, then the hands collide, very little scratching is done, and the butt still itches... WTF is the synergy going to be between WMP11, URGE, ZUNE, and ZUNEplayer?????
  • Reply 152 of 205
    It's a bloody mess, that's what it is. Along with Vista, it's media offerings are all a mess covered over with blatant copycat graphics.
  • Reply 153 of 205
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sunilraman

ROFLMAO

what the hell does that mean?
  • Reply 154 of 205
    http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/ROFLMAO

Can be used happily or sarcastically or evil-ly. Happily in my case above.
  • Reply 155 of 205
    Quote:

what the hell does that mean?

Heh, you http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/noob ...!!!
  • Reply 156 of 205
    ok I thought we were talking about zune here? yes I know vista copied the look of os x, but I am talking about the zune device. The zune device doesn't look anything like an ipod.
  • Reply 157 of 205
    Quote:

are you blind?

yes?? show me.

• Reply 158 of 205
    Quote:

Heh, you http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/noob ...!!!

ROFL... I cannot belive they actually have a page for noob.
  • Reply 159 of 205
    Quote:

Typical microsoft, the left hand doesn't know the right is scratching its butt, then the left hand tries scratching, then the hands collide, very little scratching is done, and the butt still itches... WTF is the synergy going to be between WMP11, URGE, ZUNE, and ZUNEplayer?????

yes it is typical waste of resources on microsoft's part. Why create a music store ( Urge ), a media player that is actually good ( wmp11 ) then decide to create a totally new store for your device.

Zune better work with wmp11.
  • Reply 160 of 205
    Quote:

yeah I don't know why they changed it. I liked the old shuffle and repeat buttons better. ( trying to find a link to them )

edit: found one. This was so much easier. cause you could visually tell when something was shuffled or not. hopefully apple will sue them so they will change it back to the old way.