What products are coming at this Special event? (Photokina)

Comments

• Reply 21 of 45
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland

This: MacBook Pro (new, latch+keyboard), Cinema Displays (thinner, bigger, IR, iSight, NO speakers) option is winning! We'll see soon enough what happens.

I just bought my Cinema Display 23", shipping to me as we speak. I would be sad if there were new ones, but alas, I sorta expect them.

Anyways, the main point of my post:

Your signiture is total crap. Can you at least make it one color and not HUGE? I can't think of anyone who would actually want that domain. You might as well use it for yourself -- like leopard fan site or w/e.
  • Reply 22 of 45
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by icfireball

SHIT.

I could be shit-ing you, but I think Apple might have some kind of 30day product-purchase protection. I feel like I've heard that somewhere.

As for the sarcasm thing, I totally got fooled too

-jay
  • Reply 23 of 45
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jApple

I could be shit-ing you, but I think Apple might have some kind of 30day product-purchase protection. I feel like I've heard that somewhere.

Someone please investigate more and POST if they find anything out.
  • Reply 24 of 45
    Apple allows you to return unopened, non customized products within 14 days for full refund.

http://store.apple.com/Catalog/US/Im...eturn%20Policy

If your product is updated before it is shipped, you are also guaranteed upgrade protection, which is deciding to upgrade if you choose.

-=|Mgkwho
  • Reply 25 of 45
    I suppose if I really wanted to I could return my Cinema Display that is shipping as we speak if Apple comes out with new ones the 25th. But it would only really be worth it if it were cheaper.

What do yall think?
  • Reply 26 of 45
    I think there will be only two major annoucements at the show:

Aperature

and

MacBook Pro

That's it. The displays are off the table. And everything else is too, including plain ol' MacBook updates which will be done in October.
  • Reply 27 of 45
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by icfireball

Your signiture is total crap. I can't think of anyone who would actually want that domain. You might as well use it for yourself -- like leopard fan site or w/e.

I'll think about what you said, but as the current bid is $655, you may find your point is inherently wrong.
  • Reply 28 of 45
    Domain whore.
  • Reply 29 of 45
    Quote:

I'll think about what you said, but as the current bid is $655, you may find your point is inherently wrong.

Actually, that is quite shocking. I wouldn't have expected any offers over $350. Most people who would buy it would do so just to resell it.

Thanks for making it smaller tho!
  • Reply 30 of 45
    Personally, I think Apple will not include iSight with their displays.

I think if they ever add the video-capture capability, it would be through their patent that hides the cameras behind the pixels or whatever.

Remember, Steve Jobs said in regards to future updates that "these are some of the best products he's ever seen." And that there are unreleased, new products in the pipeline.

Well, we've seen iTV, but there's gotta be some other things Apple is working on. So I'd guess that sometime, it might be 2 years from now, but sometime they will release the cinema display using that "pixel-patent."

The camera takes away from the modern design of the display. With the other computers, it doesn't matter as much because there is a lot going on. (the iMac, for instance, has more than just an even rim around the display).

If there is a cinema display, I wouldn't guess it to have anything to do with new technologies. Just brightness and size/resolution. That's it. IF they release a display next Monday. Which I doubt, along with DHagan.

-=|Mgkwho
  • Reply 31 of 45
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hardeeharhar

Domain whore.

Domain har.
  • Reply 32 of 45
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hardeeharhar

Domain whore.

True that. Why not though?
  • Reply 33 of 45
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mgkwho

Personally, I think Apple will not include iSight with their displays.

I think if they ever add the video-capture capability, it would be through their patent that hides the cameras behind the pixels or whatever.

Remember, Steve Jobs said in regards to future updates that "these are some of the best products he's ever seen." And that there are unreleased, new products in the pipeline.

Well, we've seen iTV, but there's gotta be some other things Apple is working on. So I'd guess that sometime, it might be 2 years from now, but sometime they will release the cinema display using that "pixel-patent."

The camera takes away from the modern design of the display. With the other computers, it doesn't matter as much because there is a lot going on. (the iMac, for instance, has more than just an even rim around the display).

If there is a cinema display, I wouldn't guess it to have anything to do with new technologies. Just brightness and size/resolution. That's it. IF they release a display next Monday. Which I doubt, along with DHagan.

-=|Mgkwho

That patent is not for ascetic purposes, it's so you can look at the other person face instead of looking at a camera, and visa versa. In the meantime the new dsiplays will definitely get iSight's.
  • Reply 34 of 45
    Quote:

That patent is not for ascetic purposes, it's so you can look at the other person face instead of looking at a camera, and visa versa. In the meantime the new dsiplays will definitely get iSight's.

Yes. If there are new Cinema Displays, they will almost for sure have an iSight. Apple likes to have their products on a standard.
  • Reply 35 of 45
    Regarding the MacBook Pro, it might be coming at this event and it seems like a logical choice.

Think Secret's July 3 report:

Quote:

Meanwhile, sources say that a new enclosure is waiting for the MacBook Pro and will be released when that system adopts Intel's mobile Core 2 Duo processor; while desktop Core 2 Duo, code-named Conroe, is slated for release later this month, the mobile variety, code-named Merom, is not expected until the Fall. Accordingly, new MacBook Pro systems are not expected at WWDC, although a bump at the high-end to the recently announced 2.33GHz Core Duo processor is possible.

While their reporting as of late has been seen as shoddy, it has been vague enough to be almost on target, so I don't see how the info on the MacBook Pro would be any different.

If you are thinking that the MacBook Pro would get an entirely new enclosure versus an enclosure that has the magnetic latch and redesigned battery bay for easy access to the internal hard drive, then that could easy be construed as a new enclosure, just as a MacBook Pro in a new black carbon fiber shell with a new hinge design, etc.
  • Reply 36 of 45
    ( completely unlikely but rather cool thought )

what if apple made a camera? only it would be a video camera for making home videos or still shots. It would complete the entertainment package.
  • Reply 37 of 45
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Woody56292

( completely unlikely but rather cool thought )

what if apple made a camera? only it would be a video camera for making home videos or still shots. It would complete the entertainment package.

Take a look at this thread:

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...849#post969849
  • Reply 38 of 45
    MacBook updates in Oct? ARGHHH
  • Reply 39 of 45
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DHagan4755

Regarding the MacBook Pro, it might be coming at this event and it seems like a logical choice.

Think Secret's July 3 report:

... a MacBook Pro in a new black carbon fiber shell with a new hinge design, etc.

That would be lovely

I'm studying to be a teacher, since 14'Th of August, and the wait for the "new" or updated Macbook Pro is killing me...

New Macbook Pro at Photokina... Fingers crossed
  • Reply 40 of 45
    Well, if nothing else, Steve J. is getting a few chuckles out of these threads. I am patiently waiting for the next Merom upgrade and will make a decision from that point. Currently running a PowerBook G4 1Ghz. (Top of the line when I bought it and then Apple promptly upgraded them two weeks after I had bought mine....sigh).

Like everyone else I have my own list of _needs_ for the new MBP specs, what reality delivers only Steve J. knows. (And possibly the Great Cthulhu)

Sopranino