How many here are buying a Merom MBP?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Everyone on here has been going nuts about the updated MBP's for months now. But just curious, how many of you are going to buy a new one as soon as it comes out?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 32
    e1618978e1618978 Posts: 6,075member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Guybrush Threepwood

Everyone on here has been going nuts about the updated MBP's for months now. But just curious, how many of you are going to buy a new one as soon as it comes out?

I really need one, and the only thing that is letting me hold out is an ibook g4 that my daughter lent me, so I will be ordering as soon as it comes out.
  • Reply 2 of 32
    It'll need a Dual-layer burner, FW800, Easy access HD & RAM to tempt me.

And preferably a stowable remote control; can't be that hard to make it fit a /34 card slot.
  • Reply 3 of 32
    i'm buying one.. although i hope they put meroms in the macbooks, as i'd rather save the $$$ and get a big monitor to go with it.
  • Reply 4 of 32
    I was actually going to buy an MBP today but my student money didn't come through. I should have the money by next Wednesday though, so if Apple announces Merom next Tuesday, I'll buy, otherwise I'll buy a Yonah next weekend. Although I would like to have 1gig standard memory, a bigger hard drive, and dl dvd burning, I can live without. I used my iMac DV SE 500mhz until it died in a car accident earlier this year. Any computer will be an improvement over 500mhz!!

--

Kenya
  • Reply 5 of 32
    I'm actually more likely to buy it right away if it is only a minor revision (same case, but with Merom and maybe a new screen or video card) than if it is enormously revised. If the revision consists of Merom and a couple of things Apple bought (any 1920 x 1200 screen would certainly be a model already used in top-end PCs, not a custom panel for Apple - same with a video card), there won't be many bugs to work out. If it is a totally new machine, I'll wait a few months if I can (I may need a MacIntel for work) to let others find the bugs.

-Dan
  • Reply 6 of 32
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kenya

I used my iMac DV SE 500mhz until it died in a car accident earlier this year.

Tragic...
  • Reply 7 of 32
    I'll buy one if it is released within the next 4 weeks. If not then I'll get a used(ebay) or refurb MBP with core duo. I can't wait much longer.
  • Reply 8 of 32
    gargar Posts: 1,201member
    gimme
  • Reply 9 of 32
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

I used my iMac DV SE 500mhz until it died in a car accident

New lable coming to a Mac near you!!!!

Warning: Do not use your iMac while driving!
  • Reply 10 of 32
    sc_marktsc_markt Posts: 1,401member
    My current computer is a sawtooth 450MHz single processer powermac. A new dual core MBP should be quite a step up in speed.

- Mark
  • Reply 11 of 32
    Quote:

I used my iMac DV SE 500mhz until it died in a car accident earlier this year. Any computer will be an improvement over 500mhz!!

--

Kenya

I can't wait for the new / updated Macbook Pro to be released (hopefully) on the 25'Th.

My current computer is (and hold on tight now) an old PC with a Pentium 2, 233 MHz with 256 MB RAM running Windows XP barely...

I know it's sad...

Apple - Please rescue me asap
  • Reply 12 of 32
    tony1tony1 Posts: 259member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sc_markt

My current computer is a sawtooth 450MHz single processer powermac. A new dual core MBP should be quite a step up in speed.

- Mark

I'm ready to buy now and of course would like many updates that have been discussed. OT, I wish that Sprint would catch up with their wireless modem (to ExpressCard/34) to work in the MBP. Being on the road I need the connection anywhere, not just in a hot zone. This is the only thing that could possibly slow down my purchase. It would really suck to have a new portable that I could only use at home and have to continue carrying around my old Pismo at that point I may wait.

A lot of the features that people are asking for are offered in the 17" like FW 800 and dual layer, that's the route I'm taking because, like Mark, I also want to replace my Sawtooth SP (upgraded to a 1.4ghz) which this should easily out do.
  • Reply 13 of 32
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sororca

I can't wait for the new / updated Macbook Pro to be released (hopefully) on the 25'Th.

My current computer is (and hold on tight now) an old PC with a Pentium 2, 233 MHz with 256 MB RAM running Windows XP barely...

I know it's sad...

Apple - Please rescue me asap

Ohoy Soeren, I thought I was running the most outdated system here, a "lite clocked" PIII at 675 MHz, but I was'nt

I'm waiting for the Merom MB to be anounced and then I will make "the switch" once and for all. Windows is history for me from that day!
  • Reply 14 of 32
    I'm down for one on day one. I need a laptop, but I hate knowing a new one is right around the corner. Sure, it's not a HUGE speed bump, but I don't need it immediately. I just WANT it right now. 1Gb RAM + 100Gb HDD + HD screen + Merom = Happy Whet.
  • Reply 15 of 32
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by WhetWurm

I need a laptop, but I hate knowing a new one is right around the corner.

That's the way I feel to. It seems like a Core 2 MBP is right artound the corner, or should be. I'm giving them till the end of the month. If they can't do it by then I'll look at used MBPs.
  • Reply 16 of 32
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by WhetWurm

I'm down for one on day one. I need a laptop, but I hate knowing a new one is right around the corner. Sure, it's not a HUGE speed bump, but I don't need it immediately. I just WANT it right now. 1Gb RAM + 100Gb HDD + HD screen + Merom = Happy Whet.

Happy-Happy, Joy-Joy, I'm in the same boat. It's like waiting for Christmas, only Santa isn't telling you what day it's on. When it comes, I'll get one. If it has other goodies, those are stocking stuffers, but what you said is good by me, and I can wait a month or so.
  • Reply 17 of 32
    i'm definitely buying one within days of it coming out. right now i'm using the PC i built last winter for my college stuff, and its a pain in the ass. a) its obviously a windows machine b) it takes up a fricken huge portion of my desk c) i neeeeed something to take to classes and d) i miss os x!!! i'm really hoping for merom, new gpu, bigger HDD, and more RAM. higher res screen would be nice, but not a necessity. and i hope they get the MB keyboard and magnetic latch, but again, not necessities, just nice :-D
  • Reply 18 of 32
    mr. hmr. h Posts: 4,870member
    I'm waiting for the Santa Rosa chipset which will unlock all of Merom's potential. Due around March - June 2007.
  • Reply 19 of 32
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Guybrush Threepwood

Tragic...

Very... I still cry about it sometimes
  • Reply 20 of 32
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by a_greer

New lable coming to a Mac near you!!!!

Warning: Do not use your iMac while driving!

He (his name was Noir) was riding safely in the trunk when I went down an embankment, crahsed into two fences and a house, and ran from the car as the hood caught on fire. Seriously.

I survived and Noir did not.