Toxic Tech: Rotten To The Core

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hello,

Greenpeace just put the newest models from 5 of the world's leading laptop brands to the test in an independent research laboratory, and you wouldn't believe the toxic chemicals they found inside. Guess who had the worst results? HP and Apple. Check out the full story:

http://www.greenpeace.org/usa/news/rotten-to-the-core

Cheers,

Amy

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    I would believe the toxic chemicals they found inside, because I'm an informed consumer.

Nothing to see here, same old situation...

It would have been nice to have some *content* in that PR piece, however. How about lab results? How about some data points to back up their proof claims? (And before you say they're on the site, please link directly to them. All I find are repeated shiny graphics and claims, no actual lab reports or methodology. Hard to take seriously.)

I hate troll PR pieces masquerading as news... almost as much as troll posts masquerading as news, really.

Good subject, lousy execution.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    banchobancho Posts: 1,517member
    Is the stuff as toxic as what's in our fresh spinach these days?

j/k

Toxins in my electronics? It's more likely than you think...
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Oh no doubt, the things are *full* of nasty crap.

I'm just trying to figure out why a) this is news, or b) where the actual content is on the greenpeace site other than " 'lectronics are bad, m'kay?"

I'm a scientist. If you're going to make empirical claims, back them up with data and methodology, not glitzy graphics and hyperbole. Even if you're right, I'm not likely to take you seriously otherwise.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kickaha

Oh no doubt, the things are *full* of nasty crap.

Which is one reason I make it a point to never eat my computer.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    But... but... they're *APPLES*!

OMG! False advertising!
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Hahahaha

I LOLed long and hard at that.